The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-10-30 18:57:01

IBSwimmin
Inebriated

Re: Site issues

Sorry for not being more clear - that's what I get for posting while watching the world series...

I was referring to the calendar of events for WAY7. I checked and I was signed in, but on the calendar only the month that is not PRM is visible.

Edit: forgot I can't link to a chapter - removed link

Last edited by IBSwimmin (2017-10-30 18:58:10)

#27 2017-10-30 23:44:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay... I got you now.  I finally understand, you're not talking about not seeing the chapters, you're talking about what appears on the calendar.

You're looking at the wrong one.

3dsmile

There are two Calendars of Events.  One is for publicly available chapters, and one is for PRM.  The PRM calendar is at the end of the story.  I have just double-checked it, and it is up-to-date, so...

Just look for the chapter labeled "Calendar of Events - PRM".

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#28 2017-10-31 04:25:56

IBSwimmin
Inebriated

Eek! My bad - i could see all the chapters without scrolling but that one on and  I'm just used to seeing it at the top I didn't even think to see if I could scroll down...

#29 2017-10-31 06:14:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

hehehe.  Because of the way PRM vs. Public works in the mechanics of the site, the PRM calendar has to always be the last 'chapter' in the list.  So it will always be at the bottom.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#30 2018-04-03 23:01:26

ljackson318
Tipsy

Got this error when I clicked on the link to "Recommend a New Author".  Fatal Error. Please report Error Code RtvUCR.

#31 2018-04-03 23:19:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

That link needs to be removed.  Author recommendation is no longer a "thing" here.

If you want a new author to post here, contact them and encourage them to get an author account.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#32 2018-05-07 05:33:55

HendrixMorton
Inebriated

Seems like for the past few days, been getting this error very frequently....Normally when trying to go to the next chapter of a story...either hitting the arrow button, or picking the chapter name from the pull down list and hitting go...

Not a web guy, so not sure if it's you end, or mine that's the problem, but not having this issue on any other site...

Just thought Id pass it along...

-------------------

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@wolfpub.stormworks.info to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

#33 2018-05-07 18:18:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Without even looking (which I will do in a minute), I can tell you with about 99.999% security that this is a GoDaddy issue.  "Internal Server Errors" are problems with the server itself, either the server software is having a bad hair day, or the hardware itself is causing some kind of glitch.  It is generally not a problem caused by the website itself, and never by a user's browser.

I will look at my logs, but it is unlikely that there is anything I can do to fix this issue.  Especially since the code 1) has been working fine, and 2) hasn't changed in years.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#34 2018-05-07 18:25:10

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Followup:  As expected, there isn't anything showing in my error logs.  This will be a GoDaddy issue, and I'm sure they'll get it fixed... eventually.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#35 2018-05-08 01:20:23

HendrixMorton
Inebriated

Lol....We use GoDaddy too..so I know what you mean by eventually... 3dsmile

Thanks for following up!

>HM<

Board footer