#1 2018-03-01 09:32:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

February Donation Results

Donation Goal: $700
Donations Received: $746.00

Woohoo! 3dsmile

For the final time, all February donors have received a small amount of extra special access time as a way to celebrate.  From this point forward, when the donation goal is reached, ONE donor will receive six months of special access time on top of whatever they've already received.  (To help understand this, most donors were receiving a 1-month award for the celebration gift, so this is significantly larger.)

Thank you very much to everyone who donated.  We have to buy new eyeglasses for both Keeshaba and myself, and this will certainly help out.  (But at least my eye pressure numbers were normal... a concern, as glaucoma runs in my family...)

Eric Storm

PS:  When I say "have to" buy new eyeglasses, I mean that both of us are currently wearing prescriptions sufficiently incorrect to significantly impact our vision.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2018-03-07 05:22:09

howard
Inebriated

Re: February Donation Results

I trust you know about https://www.zennioptical.com
We have used them for years and quality is excellent despite the low prices.

#3 2018-03-07 08:57:58

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I did not know about them... surprised that they are capable of handling my prescription (I have VERY poor eyesight...)

But how did you obtain all the necessary measurement numbers to pick the right frame size?  Okay, they describe how to get pupilary distance, but how do you figure out frame width, bridge width, etc.?

(And I'm not sure I'd want to try to figure out my own PD... I have nystagmus, which would make doing such a measurement without the right tools... "problematic".)

Thank you, though, for the info.  They may save me much money in the future.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2018-03-07 12:15:00

Crusader
Wasted

PD, ask the eye doctor, if they dont already have it in your chart, i would be suprised. Just by asking the question they will know you are thinking of buying online.

The other measurements could be taken from your current glasses.

#5 2018-03-08 06:25:46

Centaur
Inebriated

howard wrote:

I trust you know about https://www.zennioptical.com
We have used them for years and quality is excellent despite the low prices.

Is it my imagination or are RPG's coming back in style?

#6 2018-03-08 08:58:22

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

RPG?  What have rocket propelled grenades got to do with glasses? 

What?  You weren't talking about ordnance?  So you meant role-playing games?

What do you mean, no?  What the hell's an RPG, then??? 

3dsmile

Eric Storm

PS:  Crusader: my eye dr. already knows they're not getting my business for glasses, because when I asked them if they had the kind of frames I want, they said no.  But getting the other measurements from your current glasses isn't as easy as it sounds.  For instance, "bridge width": where, exactly, is that measured from and to?  Top side of the bridge, or bottom?  It seems inconsequential, but the numbers involved are millimeters, and you could conceivably be off by 1 or 2 if you measure it the wrong way.  And 1 or 2 millimeters could be the difference between glasses that fit properly, and glasses that don't.

----
Facebook page

#7 2018-03-08 17:30:05

Centaur
Inebriated

Rape prevention glasses. military issue glasses with the black plastic rims

#8 2018-03-09 04:38:20

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

did Real Pretty Girls ever go out of style?

#9 2018-03-17 06:18:13

ChiefRock
Wasted

Centaur wrote:

Rape prevention glasses. military issue glasses with the black plastic rims

In the navy we called those birth control glasses

My worst day at sea is better than my best day ashore
I found a home in the navy-but they land airplanes on my roof

Board footer