Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-27 03:30:57

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Sorcerer in Downtown Atlanta, A

A Sorcerer in Downtown Atlanta

David Brighton and Madeleine Saxon have returned to 2017 after surviving their harrowing adventure in Camelot.  But now, the challenges of adapting Maddie to the modern world rear their ugly head.  Even with sorcery on his side, can Dave balance the love of his life with the world he left behind?  And what of his newfound powers?  Will he be able to coast through life with his magic, or are things more complicated than they might appear?

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2018-01-27 21:31:01

Homeinindy2
Tipsy

Re: Sorcerer in Downtown Atlanta, A

Great restart of the storyline.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#3 2018-01-29 06:32:29

mac_savant
Tipsy

Any chance you could find out what is causing the weird characters between your sentences and get rid of them? It's not as bad as some stories where the quotes and other punctuation is modified, but it's still difficult to read.
Thanks.

#4 2018-01-29 08:26:40

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

After looking at it, I'd suggest it's because auguy has (properly) inserted two spaces between sentences instead of one, and in order for that to show up in HTML code, one of the spaces has to be a special character.  Whatever software he's using apparently chose to use a special character that browsers don't like very much.  (It should have used  )

I cannot fix this myself, so auguy will have to look into it.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2018-01-29 08:36:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I should also point out that you should not have posted this issue here, but instead in the Website Issues section, or emailed the administrator (me) directly.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#6 2018-01-30 15:03:59

witmoca
Tipsy

It's an incredibly nice surprise seeing that you've decided to write a sequel to the story.
Very much looking forward to it!

#7 2018-01-31 08:01:45

Elessar
Completely Blotto

So I have to say... I am a little sad with this story, not that you wrote it, as the writing is great! Only with the fact it is incredibly short. Also I felt the chapter was... rushed? Not sure if that is the right word, of course, just simply felt more could have been put into the chapter rather then the entire chapter be in a single span of a couple hours.

However! As I already said, the story is great and the writing is awesome. I just felt it could have been a little more.

#8 2018-02-03 11:19:50

Elessar
Completely Blotto

While the chapter was nice, as I previously mentioned, it was very short. Well done, but short. I also remember you mentioning that several of the chapters are already done. So nothing can be done about the next few chapters.

(posted from A Lovers\)

#9 2018-02-04 01:12:19

auguy86
Inebriated

I do get what you mean, Elessar.  The length of my chapters serves two purposes.  One, I have a tendency to be too verbose sometimes, so I work to not drown my readers in unnecessary details.  Two, they allow me to post semi frequently, I'm hoping weekly for a while.  Thanks for reading, and I'm glad you're enjoying!

#10 2018-02-07 09:55:49

mac_savant
Tipsy

Eric Storm wrote:

I should also point out that you should not have posted this issue here, but instead in the Website Issues section, or emailed the administrator (me) directly.

Eric Storm

I posted here because I was actually directing this toward auguy86 as I figured it was something that could be remedied on his end and this being his latest submission.

#11 2018-02-07 18:12:49

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I have said this before, and I will say it again:

Never bother the authors with site issues.  ANYTHING that deals with the presentation of the story is a site issue, and it is my job to take care of it.  If that requires contacting the author to bug them to fix something, then I'll do it.  But I'm the only person who is going to know where the problem really lies.  Most authors do not have enough of a grasp of the technical details behind website code to know how to fix any kind of display problem that might come up.  When I contact them, I can give them explicit instructions on things to try in order to fix the issue.  This is why I tell people to contact only me for this kind of thing: it prevents a lot of frustration in the long run.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#12 2018-02-17 22:34:45

Sdragon
Inebriated
Website

Fucking Feds, always gotta get in the way of a good thing...

(posted from A New Normal)

#13 2018-02-18 16:37:52

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Was really happy to see this sequel. I like seeing how Maddie is adjusting to the modern world. Like the tease there at the end of latest chapter. A way to find a new teacher perhaps.

#14 2018-02-24 05:18:01

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Enjoyed the new chapter. Will be interesting to see how the agency interacts with David and Maddie

#15 2018-03-25 03:09:19

thehilz
Completely Blotto

I enjoyed the latest few chapters. Liked how the meeting with the agency went. Got a few laughs from me with the presidental reactions.

#16 2018-03-31 02:55:04

auguy86
Inebriated

Important update: the story will continue, but progress has stalled for the time being.  Please check my Twitter page for the full details, @auguy86.  Thank you for your continued support and patience!

#17 2018-03-31 03:36:57

Elessar
Completely Blotto

So. I love reading. Have read a couple hundred books. Unfortunately that means I see a lot of similarity between books. Unfortunately I have found a big one. I will however not say it and I will let the story play out. As it is a really good story as it’s own item.

#18 2018-04-01 03:47:27

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope your things get better for you.

#19 2018-09-04 04:16:28

HendrixMorton
Inebriated

Wow....I just binge read both of the David and Maddie stories, and they are really, Really good...One of my favorites across the whole site!!

When reading, I'm all about the characters and continuing development, and the sex/fun stuff comes secondary...Your characters are extremely well fleshed out (pardon the pun), and so much backstory and history going on here...well done!!

Not sure what's going on IRL, but I certainly hope you can get back and finish this story at your leisure....

Seems like this could be a kick off to an ongoing series of stories...

My best to you!!

>HM<

#20 2019-02-11 02:43:40

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Very happy to get to read a new chapter in the story. Had started to worry that you might not get back to the story. I look forward to seeing what happens with helping Nimue with her issue.

#21 2019-02-18 22:14:30

bleme
Inebriated

I don't see how killing someone in 2018 would fix them not existing in 932 anymore.  Iger whole rational for attacking was flawed, even from the information he had.

As for the trial, it's a good thing that the prosecutor was on Iger's side or he would have pointed out that Merlin was the expert on time travel and knew how to avoid paradoxes. Obviously, he would have passed that knowledge on to his apprentice before he ever taught them the time travel spell.

Also, since Nimue can see all time that she has lived in, she would know if a paradox was being created.

Finally, the whole defense relied on Iger having to act with limited information in the spur of the moment, which totally glosses over the fact that it was MONTHS in the planning.

#22 2019-02-19 05:57:16

sermona
Inebriated

As I read the last part, which I enjoyed tremendusly,  I kept wondering why the prosecutor never tried to put out the logical error, in the argument of Iger, that if Madie died, but was needed in the past, he would create the paradox he wanted to prevent, instead he should have made sure that it is possible to send her back where she belongs (maybe after altering her memory).
But after reading the end of the chapter i only wonderd:

Could David overlook it?

A great chapter with a nice twist.

Maybe David thinks about it later and use it as point against the prosecutor.

#23 2019-02-27 20:30:16

Maverick7508
Inebriated

I really hope to find a story based in proper arthurian lore rather than the French rewrite. As for the structure of the story itself, seems pretty solid with good character building.

(posted from Busted)

#24 2019-03-30 03:42:54

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Enjoyed the last couple of chapters. Hope a 3rd book will be in the works soon

#25 2019-04-16 16:03:07

Freon22
Wasted

I read the first book and am reading this one as work time allows. I ready loved reading book 1 and it being based in medieval times was just a great plus. I was not sure how I would like this book but I have to say you are doing a great job in this book also. So far I am liking everything that I have read. Please keep it up! Thank You

Also for anyone read this feed back try googling (Illuminati).

(posted from The Whisperer)

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

― Abraham Lincoln

Board footer