Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#126 2017-10-24 03:08:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Potential

Sniper wrote:

...but one that I use for use for registering to sites and such things that might lead to spam.

I'm not sure if I ought to be offended by that or not.  Hmph.

I have never spammed anyone.  And while I love Spam, that's only the kind in the can.

Eric Storm

3dtongue

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#127 2017-10-24 05:48:13

Sniper
Inebriated

Eric, do you always know the people running the sites that you register to? I don't. As of now I would not have any problem giving you my main e-mail-address. The one that I used to register at the wolfpub currently receives about 30-40 mails per day, most of which are spam.

In the end I treated you just like everyone else. If you don't use several different mail-accounts, I would strongly advice you to start doing it. Now it is completely up to you to decide wether you want to feel offended or not. Either way it will not stop me from visiting the pub.

#128 2017-10-24 09:01:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I have no need for multiple email accounts.  I know how to set up message filters... and those that make it through, well... really, how long does it take to hit the delete key?

*shrugs* to each their own.  But I would have thought the emoticon at the end of the message would have indicated to you that I was messing with you.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#129 2017-10-24 17:18:25

Freon22
Wasted

I do enjoy reading this board its full of little surprises. I guess sometimes the humor is lost, because we read without hearing or seeing. LOL By the way I like spam also fry it up and it makes a good sandwich but as I get older it seem to be getting a little to salty. O well

3dlol

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

― Abraham Lincoln

#130 2017-10-24 18:02:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

urgh, see now you're making me ill.  I don't like warm Spam.  (Yes, I know this is odd, given that it's ham and pork shoulder, but still.)  But to each their own.  I eat mine like lunch meat:  Spam & Cheese sandwich with mustard.  (I've tried it with mayo.  It's okay, but... mustard's better.)

And yes, it's kinda salty, but... meh.  You could always try the lower sodium version...

3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#131 2017-10-26 14:42:12

bistander
Wasted

Spam might actually be very good but I can't eat it because when I was little, and my mother got one of those canned hams, I always thought that gel slime around it was Spam. It wasn't until years later that I found out Spam was actually something you can eat(had to move down South), and I can't get past that nasty gel slime. Enjoy your Spam.

#132 2017-10-26 16:34:25

Tuzzdeny
Inebriated

Hhmmm,  Spam.

bistander wrote:

and I can't get past that nasty gel slime.

That's why you skillet fry your spam before you put it on your sandwich.  Then it's just nasty grease!

#133 2017-10-27 15:15:28

Freon22
Wasted

Yelp it is slimy, greases, and salty BUT when the power goes out after a few days it is mighty good. Also sometimes I just like to fry up some eggs, spam, and hash browns or grits. I now know what is for supper to night.
3dlol

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

― Abraham Lincoln

#134 2017-10-28 17:21:54

Blackie
Inebriated

" I grew up with a severe learning disability that went untreated, so not only do I have a lot to learn, there's a limit to how much I can do. I hope you won't hold any of that against me, nor will you excuse poor writing because of it."

Don't be ridiculous. Your writing is excellent. You manage to hold the threads together well. You've done a great job with this story.

(posted from Chapter 10: Sweet Almond Massage)

-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

#135 2017-10-29 01:44:12

bistander
Wasted

Blackie wrote:

Don't be ridiculous. Your writing is excellent. You manage to hold the threads together well. You've done a great job with this story.

(posted from Chapter 10: Sweet Almond Massage)

Thanks for saying so. It takes everything I got to get it done. I'm still learning and striving to get the work done at a faster pace.

#136 2017-12-07 02:53:52

bistander
Wasted

I can't say publicly what most hindered the writing process last month, but I can tell you that I wrote one of these stories for a contest and that took up a bunch of time.
I can't tell you which one is mine because it's anonymous until the close of voting, but this is where it is:
wrist.xxx/forums/forums/calling-all-writers-caw-32.22/
Be interesting to see if anyone can guess which is mine.
I have been working on Potential too.

#137 2017-12-07 19:30:46

Freon22
Wasted

I would but you have to join the forum to read anything. So I pass but I do hope you win, take care and have a good day.

― Abraham Lincoln

#138 2017-12-08 00:26:56

bistander
Wasted

Freon22 wrote:

I would but you have to join the forum to read anything. So I pass but I do hope you win, take care and have a good day.

Oops, sorry, and thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize, I guess because I already joined. I won't win, but it won't make me feel bad.

I'll post it here as soon as the voting ends in a week or so.

#139 2018-01-02 00:47:13

farok
Tipsy

Wow, what a fantastic chapter this has been! I did not expect we'd get to see Evan and Dee go at it this soon. The revelation that Cindy and Candy had been sleeping together also came as quite the shock.

As for your message at the top, it has been a bit unfortunate to not see what other people think about the 2 latest chapters. While chapter 22 wasn't among my personal favorites, chapter 23 came with a few twists and turns I did not expect just yet and is definitely up there with the best chapters so far. It was very long too, which always makes me happy. 3dsmile

Keep up the great work and happy new year bistander!

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#140 2018-01-02 13:30:12

Glockman22
Inebriated

Great story can't wait for the next chapter

(posted from Who is in Control)

#141 2018-01-02 20:07:02

bistander
Wasted

Thanks for the feedback, guys, but come on, nobody has anything to say about the music references. Okay, next chapter is going to be titled Cindy's favorite songs.

#142 2018-01-03 02:37:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

People are strongly praising your chapter, and you're worried about whether they noticed some music references?

Boy, do we have different priorities...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#143 2018-01-03 15:12:09

bistander
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

People are strongly praising your chapter, and you're worried about whether they noticed some music references?

Eric Storm

I guess we do. I thought it would make it more fun if people got to point things out that they noticed. Maybe I'm odd, (Eric, bite your tongue), but I'm always interested when I spot things an author drops into a story. I never get to tell Steven King that I saw it, though.

Have fun reading and fuck the rest, if you rather.

#144 2018-01-06 01:07:23

farok
Tipsy

bistander wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, guys, but come on, nobody has anything to say about the music references. Okay, next chapter is going to be titled Cindy's favorite songs.

I must've read the final chapter like 3 times by now to get some music references out of it. Guess I'm not quite the music aficionado I thought I was. Sorry bistander, an absolutely fantastic chapter nonetheless!

#145 2018-01-06 02:37:17

bistander
Wasted

farok wrote:

I must've read the final chapter like 3 times by now to get some music references out of it. Guess I'm not quite the music aficionado I thought I was. Sorry bistander, an absolutely fantastic chapter nonetheless!

Mm, right at the end, Wrecking Ball.

There were more, but, probably, unless it's something you know, you won't notice, but you should at least be saying, what the fuck does that mean. “The Messiah is my sister, ain't no king man she's my queen.â€

#146 2018-01-06 16:08:23

FunGuy60
Tipsy

Amazing!

(posted from Chapter 23: Who is in Control)

#147 2018-01-10 22:53:07

Dezerae
Tipsy

I really enjoyed what you've written so far!

#148 2018-01-13 05:53:02

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Didn’t catch any music references. I am, honestly a little disappointed with the last chapter, it was written great, however I felt the suspense to them having sex and the climax of it(no pun intended), was a bit of a let down. I do not however, know if the suspense it brought was meant to be, or just something that happened. I had expected a bit more afterwards. But as I said it was written really well. Not sure how I would have improved it as I’m not as coordinated with writing as most others.

#149 2018-01-13 18:39:07

bistander
Wasted

Elessar wrote:

...I felt the suspense to them having sex and the climax of it(no pun intended), was a bit of a let down. I do not however, know if the suspense it brought was meant to be, or just something that happened. I had expected a bit more afterwards.

I guess when you're waiting so long for something to happen, it's often a letdown, as real life often is. I am sorry it didn't meet your expectations, but it happened as it needed to happen in the order of event.

You are, however, fortunate that it wasn't as big of a letdown as when I took Stacey's virginity. My stepmother came home in the middle of it and if her hands hadn't been full, causing her to have to knock for help opening the front door, she would have caught us, which would have been bad. It was bad enough I wasn't supposed to be bringing girls over anymore because of something that happened another time.

Could you please tell me what you meant by, "I do not, however, know if the suspense it brought was meant to be, or just something that happened."? I'd really like to understand that. This is a learning process and no better way to learn than from how the reader feels.

As far as there being more after, maybe you meant them talking about it more, and if so, that's just not the dynamics of these characters. If you meant something else, then do explain. You're welcome to do this by email if you'd rather not do it here.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

#150 2018-01-15 00:06:11

Homeinindy2
Tipsy

Always the best.  Following everything and trying to comment back or a positive response so you know I appreciate the work.

Board footer