You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-01 18:36:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

November Donation Results

Donations Goal:        $700.00
Donations Received:  $362.00

Needless to say, there will be no celebratory anything going on.

Thank you to those who made donations in November.  Your assistance, obviously, was very much needed and appreciated.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2017-12-21 17:54:04

Always Confused
Tipsy

Re: November Donation Results

Out of curiosity, have you considered opening a Patreon? Personally, I often don't come to the site for months on end, and I'm sure I'm not alone. It may help with reminding people, or getting more consistent donations. Just a suggestion from a longtime lurker. Cheers.

PS. I hope your holiday season goes well.

Last edited by Always Confused (2017-12-21 17:54:40)

#3 2017-12-21 19:05:05

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Doing so would violate Patreon's terms of service.  I would be asking for patrons to support either:

1. An adult website (direct violation of the ToS)
2. My work in general
3. A specific story

#2 would be tricky to work out.  #3 would require me to pick a story with no incest and no non-consensual sex.  Unfortunately, these are common themes in my work.

#2 is tricky because... how do you work out patron levels?  I freely admit, it'd be nice to have "enforced" monthly donations... from MY end.  I'm not sure how the donors would feel about that. 

I have actually been considering creating an adult game to put on Patreon.  Being a programmer and a 3D artist already, I have the necessary skills to pull it off.  I just don't know if trying that would make my writing even more erratic.  I don't want to insult my primary fan base by seeking other fans who may (or may not) be more monetarily helpful.  My readers are the ones who got me to this point.  If my writing had been more consistent, the donations probably would have been, as well.

Thank you for the suggestion, though.
Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2017-12-22 01:07:11

Centaur
Inebriated

Nick Scipio 'Summer Camp' books
https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=6370226

Tefler 'Three Square Meals'
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558

Michael J. Cropo 'A Spartan's War Chronicles'
https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=573193

I don't think you have to worry about #1 Nick and Michael both have web sites and Tefler posts to SOL.

I'm having CRS, where in WAY was there incest? and the only non-con i can remember was the shower in the first chapter or two.

I know Tefler posts a chapter a week behind Patron on SOL.

#5 2017-12-22 17:56:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

No, having a website is not what I meant.  Patreon cannot be used to support the website.

My point was that, in order for Patreon to be useful to me, the support has to be long-term.  Supporting a single book, like say WAY7, would only lend support for a year, then I'd have to start a whole new Patreon project and start over with patrons. 

WAY is the one series I've done with none of the usual taboos.  No incest, no underage sex, no mind control, little in the way of onscreen NC sex.  But that series is almost over.

Part of the thing that makes me feel weird about using Patreon is, in fact, the enforced monthly nature of the support... because right now, I'm not producing anything monthly.  I was doing great for a while, but... then Real Life (TM) intervened.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer