Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-31 18:46:31

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Contribution, The

The Contribution

Eric Stein is drawn into a world he would rather avoid entirely. He just happens to be a double for someone 'they' need. He'd rather be at the library.

first person.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2017-11-05 23:28:41

ljackson318
Tipsy

Re: Contribution, The

I quite liked it. I hope you don't change too much. I especially liked Eric's attitude. It seemed flippant yet likable. Keep up the good work.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#3 2017-11-09 16:53:58

Blackie
Inebriated

ljackson318 wrote:

I quite liked it. I hope you don't change too much. I especially liked Eric's attitude. It seemed flippant yet likable. Keep up the good work.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

I went through it and was horrified I'd already posted it. I clearly needed to do an edit for epic mistakes in it, expansion and better exposition, and ... well. It put me off my usual method of writing which is stream of consciousness. Clearly the fingers had omitted common sense as I blathered through.

I am working on it. First person is different from my usual style of writing. Third person works so much better for me.

-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

#4 2017-11-16 21:26:45

Tuzzdeny
Inebriated

This is marked "inactive" are we going to see more, or was this a one shot update?

#5 2017-11-17 06:45:08

ljackson318
Tipsy

Reread it. Still a good read. Keep up the good work. Look forward to reading more of this.

(posted from Chapter One)

#6 2017-11-18 03:43:04

Blackie
Inebriated

Tuzzdeny wrote:

This is marked "inactive" are we going to see more, or was this a one shot update?

This was my re-write of the first chapter. I wasn't sure I was going to get to it soon because, life. I'm 2k words into chapter two and having to redo some of the outline. I've done first person before but it's been so long I feel like an idiot trying to do it now. Used to be words would just spit themselves onto the page. Maybe I'm getting old.

-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

Board footer