The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-08 08:14:41

Sdragon
Inebriated
Website

Living in Central Florida

So I live here in central Florida, been watching Irma (The Bitch of Destruction) building strength and wreaking havoc. This is my first Hurricane and I must admit that I am actually kinda scared. My wife and I left Tennessee for this place to make a better life for ourselves, so far we have been mostly successful about it but what road of adventure isn't met with troubles, right? Well now we are looking at what be our biggest problem to date, we left most of everything behind, even abandoned the home that I grew up in because we had to rush down here. Still feel a lot of regret about that one. Now I am looking at something that could cost us everything, and I do mean everything. I won't be asking anyone for anything though, really not my style since I have always been too damned stubborn, but I will survive (ques the 80's song), and I will return to let everyone know if I survived. Time to face the wrath of the Creator once again, let us see if I can stay standing this time. Peace, Love, and lots of chicken grease.

#2 2017-09-08 14:07:45

Freon22
Wasted

Re: Living in Central Florida

Be safe Sdragon if Irma runs up the center of the state and depending where you live. You may want to think about leaving and visiting Tennessee for a few days. Remember you can rebuild a home but not a life.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

― Abraham Lincoln

#3 2017-09-09 07:55:18

Sdragon
Inebriated
Website

I am actually originally from Chattanooga, my family up there has been asking me to evac and return, problem is that all of the highways have become parking lots thanks to almost the entire southern half of Florida being put under mandatory evacs, plus there are people here who are depending on us. It is rather frustrating to say the least. Should we need to get out though, I am sure that I will find a way to get us someplace safe. I will keep everyone apprised of what happens, I have survived a lot of shit thrown my way by Mother Nature, I will find a way to survive this one.

#4 2017-09-14 23:46:42

Sdragon
Inebriated
Website

well, made it through Irma. I am just glad it dropped to a CAT 2 by the time it hit us, but the eye was right next to where i live so it was still a wild ride. All that wind and rain put me to sleep in the middle of it, and I still had to go to work the next day. oh well, point being is I am still alive.

Board footer