The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-27 23:42:02

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

just had an interesting thing happen

was reading a mediocre story about a semi-incestuous family in Canada who have some special abilities problem is it ends abruptly and hasn't updated in over 5 years

while I considered doing a continuation on my own the series has issues but DID give me an idea for a series I feel weird about doing either cause the original author is nowhere to be found and I definitely feel like I should at least credit him for inspiring my idea (it's vague inkling of an idea atm or i'd give details

i'm posting this mostly cause i needed to write this up somewhere where ppl would see it not sure why i felt the need to do that but i did

the series/story was The Dave Adams series — by Caribbean Islander if anyone wants to read it parts of it were interesting and it had potential but there are time skips that I found annoying and the characters were meh (plus the family tree gave me a headache)

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#2 2017-04-27 23:54:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: just had an interesting thing happen

Neitherspace wrote:

(plus the family tree gave me a headache)

Perhaps if you'd quit whacking your head while you're trying to go down on it?

3dwink

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2017-04-28 01:25:14

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Re: just had an interesting thing happen

the MC's family tree crosses back on itself several times across multiple generations (of which there are 4 as of the time the series ended) to the point there is a family rule that you don't get the full family tree explained till you are 21 (his girlfriend/aunt figured it out cause of her talent and he got told part of hit by a newly discovered half aunt)

i'd need to have actually draw it out to understand it

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

Board footer