Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-01 04:28:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Site outage, 2/28/17

To those who noticed the site outage on Feb. 28, 2017:

Apparently, we reached some kind of resource usage limit on the GoDaddy servers.  I find this extremely hard to believe, given the limited amount of traffic this site receives.  In any case, it was causing the MySQL server to simply stop responding to requests, thus causing the message that you all saw.

In an effort to keep this from happening (in fact, I have no actual expectation that there is anything I can do to keep it from happening, but...) I have re-written a portion of the site that calls the story information out of the database.  I have resorted to using several simple queries to replace one rather complex and monstrous one.  I do not know if this is actually going to help or not.  It seems to have the site running again for the moment.

If you have further problems, email me.  If you notice something that's broken, email me.

If you want to curse GoDaddy... don't bother emailing me, I'm too busy cursing the motherfuckers myself.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2017-03-01 06:38:51

xanbalest
Inebriated

Re: Site outage, 2/28/17

Thanks for having the site running again so quickly. Sorry about the problems the server had, I'm sure it probably made your day a little less pleasant to deal with that crap. And Thank you for all the work you do to keep this running, including dealing with the "motherfuckers" as you put it. While this site does have a good amount of content regarding literal fuckers of mothers, I doubt that the term also literally applies to the people at GoDaddy. Though it might, I don't really try to speculate about the sexual activities of women I don't know, and that includes whether their sons/daughters are involved with them.

Regardless, not sure how often you get verbal recognition and gratitude for your continued efforts, but I think you probably deserve it a LOT more than you get it. Reading back through previous announcements regarding the site and its difficulties, it appears that you've been dealing with crap of this type for years, and for this, you probably deserve a medal.

Unrelated, I'm quite glad to have found this site a few years ago while trying to locate sibling rivalry. Where I was initially exposed to your work, they only had like 2 chapters, if that, and it was quite a pleasant surprise to have found the rest, along with your other works. Needless to say, i'm a big fan. Thank you also for your efforts regarding your work, all of your work, I've found it to be of excellent quality.

Board footer