The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-29 01:07:40

zipybug14
Inebriated

Intermittent 403 forbidden error

Twice in the last week when I have tried to access any part of the site I have gotten a 403 forbidden error.  The first time I was actively browsing a story and the issue persisted for only a few minutes.  Today, the second time, the site was down for over 40 minutes.  I had to go do some other stuff, so I have no idea when the site came back.

Good luck with this, other issues, and pub 2.0 Eric!

#2 2016-11-29 05:10:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Intermittent 403 forbidden error

And if you want to scream at the appropriate party, look up GoDaddy's support number.  Somehow, the permissions on my account directory have gotten changed - TWICE - so that they were inaccessible.  (They were set to 000, for those familiar with chmod...)

That this was directly targeted at MY directory, and (apparently) none of the directories around mine, I find very curious.  If it happens again, GoDaddy is going to have a very irate phone call on their hands.

I do apologize for the inconvenience, but there is literally nothing I can do to prevent this so long as I am forced to use GoDaddy as my webhost.  And I am forced to do that until someone can point me to a reliable host that allows adult content and charges about the same as GD does.  Donations are in decline at the moment, so I certainly cannot afford to pay more for the site.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer