#1 2016-05-01 17:10:23

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

April Donation Results

Hey, folks.

April's Donation Goal:  $600.00
April's Total Donations:  $391.10

Obviously, there will be no celebrating this month.  I do thank those who were able to donate in April.  Your help was invaluable.

Given that we haven't reached the donation goal any month this year, I thought maybe it was time to explain again why we need donations.

The donations given here at The Pub are not, strictly speaking, to keep the site running.  The site doesn't actually cost that much.  The donations here are to keep the site operators running.  With medical bills, vet bills, car maintenance bills, house maintenance bills, with the cost of everything rising in general, and the fact that no one on SocSec got a pay increase this year, it is often very tough to make ends meet.  We have racked up a rather large debt in attempting to keep up with things, and that, of course, just adds to our monthly expenses.  It's a vicious cycle that is very hard to break.

Your donations allow us to fret and stress just a little bit less about how we're going to make ends meet.  The more stressed I am, the harder it is for me to do any writing, as my mind simply cannot focus on the creative process.  So, in short, your donations are going to help put me in the frame of mind where writing is an option.  Of course, if you don't come here for MY writing, then... well... okay, the less stress I'm under, the more likely I am to want to work on the next version of the website, as well.  Since that will be a significant improvement over the current dinosaur (which is nearly ten years old now...), I would think you'd want that to happen.

In any case, I would ask that, if you can comfortably do so, you make whatever donation you can.  My blood pressure will thank you for it (and so will I).

Regards,
Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer