Re: Woodward Academy, Year 1, The

Good job on the Mario reference.

(posted from Chapter 12: May)

#153 2011-12-01 20:29:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I think you might have actually found a reference that I didn't put there intentionally.  I don't remember making a reference to Mario Bros. in there anywhere.

Go, me!  I can make references I don't even know about!  LOL

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#154 2011-12-01 21:48:14

dreaw
Inebriated

where is it i didn't see it

and by the way when will we see year 2

good chapter but short

#155 2011-12-02 00:04:03

jhusker1222
Tipsy

I believe they are talking about the raccoon dog suit mario wears in some games that lets him fly. I think you made mention of it in the chapter.

#156 2011-12-02 00:36:00

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, I got it.

Comora: It wasn't actually a Mario reference.  It was an Animal Crossing reference.

dreaw: Short?  It is off of the average length of a chapter in this book by about 100 words.  I don't think that qualifies as short.  Also, if you read my writing status updates thread, you would know when you will see year 2.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#157 2011-12-02 05:41:24

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

can't wait for year 2...unless we will be reading about his summer in this book?

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#158 2011-12-02 07:17:11

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You might note that the status of this book is "Serial / Novel - Completed".  Also, if you were going to write a book series based on a yearly system, why would you start book 1 in June, and then start the next book in August or September?  That would make absolutely no sense.

Every book in the series will run from June - May.  You know, twelve months... otherwise known as a year. (Like the title says)

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#159 2011-12-02 21:54:27

TomTheAlmostUgly
Tipsy

I'm blown away by this chapter. Particular the scene with the [SPOILER]
bunny hex that David refused to do.

David has earned respect from classmates previously undecided or hostile. Good for him.

#160 2011-12-03 16:33:23

xtertristl
Tipsy

Great book and with a little searching I spent 30 minutes looking for it on your authors page, I was able to figure out what you meant by writing status updates "thread" and found it on the forms.

I see that you are working on chapter 5 and am looking forward to reading year two. I've poked around a little bit and have seen that your readers can piss you off sometime so I hope to avoid a rant by this but I have a small complaint. I'm finding it difficult to navigate your site, and a lot of the times I get sections of your site that are stuck in a little box with a slider instead of adapting to the users screen size. The easiest example is on the welcome page where I have to scroll down the message every time I load up you site.

Thanks again for all the great stories.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#161 2011-12-03 21:10:20

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

First off, this should have been referred to the Website Issues thread.

Second, you shouldn't be seeing the latest announcement every time you open the Welcome page, and I cannot reproduce the error, even by turning Javascript off on my computer.  (Something you should not do for this website, as the new version will require it.)

Please follow up with this in the appropriate forum thread, including useful information, like OS and browser type and version.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#162 2011-12-04 04:04:53

bigboy1145
Tipsy

put this in book form and id buy it. cant wait for the next instalement.

#163 2011-12-04 17:59:46

Articmedic68
Tipsy

Excellant Story. I caught some of the puns and jokes and they were veryy funny. Can't wait to see what the new year will bring.

#164 2011-12-04 20:40:10

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed the story.  I hope that book 2 lives up to your expectations.

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#165 2011-12-10 05:39:51

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

Okay, I got it.

Comora: It wasn't actually a Mario reference.  It was an Animal Crossing reference.

dreaw: Short?  It is off of the average length of a chapter in this book by about 100 words.  I don't think that qualifies as short.  Also, if you read my writing status updates thread, you would know when you will see year 2.

Eric Storm

Actually it's both the Tanooki or Japanese raccoon dog has alot of mythology around it while a real creature personality wise they are similar to Leprechauns

come to think of it it might be a future reference the the next Sly cooper game since i THINK hes Japanese ancestor (who will be playable) is a raccoon dog

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#166 2011-12-10 05:46:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Um... Neitherspace?  In order for it to be a reference to something, it has to be the intention of the author to refer to something.  Therefore, it cannot be a reference to anything other than what I said it was a reference to.  Coincidental existence does not equal a reference.  Otherwise, the upcoming game you're talking about would, in fact, be a reference to Woodward Academy, which it obviously is not.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#167 2011-12-29 06:12:59

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

You might note that the status of this book is "Serial / Novel - Completed".  Also, if you were going to write a book series based on a yearly system, why would you start book 1 in June, and then start the next book in August or September?  That would make absolutely no sense.

Every book in the series will run from June - May.  You know, twelve months... otherwise known as a year. (Like the title says)

Eric Storm

fair point it was pretty late when i posted my comment so i doubt i was firing on all cylinders

#168 2011-12-29 06:14:48

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

Um... Neitherspace?  In order for it to be a reference to something, it has to be the intention of the author to refer to something.  Therefore, it cannot be a reference to anything other than what I said it was a reference to.  Coincidental existence does not equal a reference.  Otherwise, the upcoming game you're talking about would, in fact, be a reference to Woodward Academy, which it obviously is not.

Eric Storm

yea i could argue more but i'm just gunna let it drop

#169 2011-12-29 06:26:07

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Neitherspace wrote:

yea i could argue more but i'm just gunna let it drop

Not reasonably, you couldn't, so it's probably best you did drop it.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#170 2012-01-03 18:14:50

grandad_rufus
Inebriated

Loving this one too. Especially the B5 nods. In fact - I'm going back to re-read to see what else I've missed. Love your stuff Eric, keep it up.

(posted from Chapter 7: December)

If they give you ruled paper, write the other way.
Grandad Rufus.

It's not that I have a dirty mind, you understand. It's just that so many of my thoughts leave muddy little footprints...

#171 2012-01-28 18:45:23

sc8or8pi8on
Inebriated

Ahhhh, the Harry Potter references.... I was wondering when they'd show up.

(posted from Chapter 3: August)

Just moving through life as best as i can.

#172 2012-03-17 00:49:09

AvengeTheNight
Tipsy

hahahaa every time I read this series, I think of Hogwarts lmao

#173 2012-03-17 00:49:47

AvengeTheNight
Tipsy

but in all realness, this is some of your best work

#174 2012-05-06 02:18:55

Hyruler
Tipsy

I'll say again if this book went to Amazon Kindle I'd buy it for seven to ten bucks. In other words keep them rolling please!!!

#175 2012-05-09 18:12:11

tomiesz
Tipsy

Hey, i have a question Eric. How come the haven looks like our earth world, but in dugerra it looks like dugerra? Is there, like two havens? I don't know if it was explained anywhere in PRM chapters, as i don't have access to them, or i have missed them. Anyway i'm really loving yours stories and looking forward to any of yours work.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

In every one's life comes a moment, when you need to decide what you are going to do in your life. Then you should ask yourself one, really important question: ''What makes me happy?'' and start doing whatever it is. It's that easy, and as that hard.

Board footer