The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#76 2009-02-23 22:45:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: CAMP: Sibling Rivalry

I could, yes, but I'm not going to.  The changeover from PRM to public is not to be discussed in open forum.  The whole point is to reward those who have donated to this site in either a monetary or a significant non-monetary fashion.  I can tell you that none of them will be out to the public within the next month.  More than that, I am not willing to go into.  Sorry.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#77 2009-03-02 04:53:04

nynexccs
Tipsy

CAMP was such a great story, now i realize this is only chapter 3, but really disapointing

(posted from Chapter 3)

#78 2009-03-02 05:55:09

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

nynexccs -
That comment sucked.  It was unhelpful and uninformative.  Make one like that again and I will prevent you from saying anything at all for at least a week.  You Have Been Warned.  I could have been more verbal in my chastisement, but I couldn't think of a reason why I should waste my time. I can't believe this is your very first post.  You de-lurked just to say you were disappointed without offering any idea of what you were disappointed about or what you thought needed changing?  What a waste of time.  Both yours and Eric's. Next time at least explain your reasoning or you're going to get banned. That is all.

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#79 2009-03-02 10:36:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

And I'll say what Black Rose didn't quite say:  Shut the fuck up.  What you've just done is to post a flame.  All negative commentary on this site MUST FOLLOW THE CRITIQUING GUIDELINES.  You don't like my story?  Fine.  No one made you read it.  But if you're going to publicly criticize it, you WILL do so politely, and obeying the rules of this website.

As Black Rose said, your comment was completely unhelpful.  You're disappointed.  Oh, what a shame.  What the hell am *I* supposed to do about it?  Since you gave me NO indication what you found disappointing, I can't very well FIX IT, now can I?

So far, you've read three chapters.  All of them are "set up" chapters, introducing the characters to the readers.  And on that basis alone, you're going to be disappointed?  Well, I'm SO sorry I didn't start right in with the world-destroying battles and endless orgies.

Don't make a post like this one again, or it will be the very last post you make on my website.  I don't mind criticism, as long as it is FOCUSED, and offers some hint of what is actually wrong... and oh, yeah, a way to make things better is also a good idea.  If YOU can't think of a way to make it better, why should I be able to?

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#80 2009-03-04 04:19:31

Dark One
Inebriated

does it end up bro VS. bro? and will we here of ron anytime soon

#81 2009-03-04 04:53:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Guess you'll just have to keep reading to find out.  I will say that yes, Ron will take part in this book.  I'm not gonna say when he's gonna show up, though.  3dsmile

Eric

----
Facebook page

#82 2009-03-08 11:48:53

RED_FOX87
Inebriated

will he be an old man or can he make himself younger with his healing powers?

Sex is good, Sex is fine, Doggystyle Or 69, For having fun Or getting paid, Everyone likes Getting laid.

#83 2009-03-08 17:11:57

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Fighting the aging process would take way too much time and energy out of the day.  But I'd hardly call 28 or 29 an "old man".  Keep in mind, we've only skipped over 12 years of time.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#84 2009-04-04 17:23:01

stenben
Tipsy

ive just started reading this and wow... very dark, i dont know if you reveal it later or not but i want to know what happened in gregs life to distort him so much

(posted from Chapter 3)

#85 2009-04-04 18:41:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I would have thought that would be obvious.  Greg is Kumiko's son.  He was inside her while she was possessed by a demon.

That's gonna screw with just about anybody.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#86 2009-04-06 23:20:33

stenben
Tipsy

wow i completely forgot about that, thanks for clearing that up...i thought that life after the war was just such hell where his family settled that he just became so scarred but that makes sense to me thanks

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#87 2009-04-07 03:12:20

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Happy to clear up the confusion.

Eric

PS:  Chapter 5 is in production atm.  Just thought I'd torture everyone with that little teaser.

----
Facebook page

#88 2009-04-11 00:50:56

PreliatorAcer
Tipsy

Wow, I definitely love how Sibling Rivalry is shaping up so far. It is really interesting getting instead Greg's head, as his perspective is just so well-written. I was getting used to the characters you write making mistakes more out of innocence and ignorance than any malicious intent, and Greg makes a particularly profound change to that particular formula. I also love the consistency you show with characters like Dawn, when I'm guessing it must have been awfully tempting to reform her world-view and come to accept that some Psionics are on the side of the Guardians, so to speak 3dsmile. Like so many thousands of others, I cannot wait for more.

#89 2009-04-11 01:42:23

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you're enjoying the story.  I hope I'm able to continue to entertain.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#90 2009-04-18 00:16:48

advancewar
Wasted

ya for being such an obvius thing the whole "used to be demon posesed" was a lil easy to overlook lol

life=books

#91 2009-05-04 04:38:19

moarbrocilly
Tipsy

I have read a majority of your novels the ones I enjoyed the most are all in PRM so I'm happy there getting updated, just wanted to say YOU MY FRIEND ARE THE GOLDEN GOD OF LITERATURE!!!

can't wait to see where this story goes.

#92 2009-05-04 07:07:59

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Golden God...  No wonder I feel stiff all the time.  3dwink

Thanks for the praise.  I'm glad you enjoy my stories.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#93 2009-05-13 04:48:39

BalZManN
Tipsy

Hey I know I just joined but I am a big fan loved all your work it's great. 3dsmile I got to ask you this when is the PRM stuff going to go public it has been 3 monthes. Please release it to the public I think you have tortured enough people with this. Please! Please!!! Please!!!!!

Peace Out,
Da Balzmann

#94 2009-05-13 08:16:18

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You know, for a mere $6, you could read all of it now.........   3dbig_smile

If you cannot, or do not wish to pay for it, you will simply have to wait.  I refuse to disclose the length of time I set for it to go public.  The donators deserve special treatment for their kind and generous assistance.  The PRM is not meant as "torture" or punishment.  It is meant as a reward to those who have helped me.

So, hold yer horses...  or let loose yer bucks!  3dsmile

Eric

----
Facebook page

#95 2009-06-13 14:22:09

Contempt
Tipsy

Amazing, I can't wait for more.

(posted from Chapter 2)

#96 2009-07-01 04:42:12

mjsinjapan
Inebriated

Well, Greg sure is dark, but I'll assume that's your intention, to make the reader dislike him, then compare the two brothers, and spend a few chapters searching for their father, possibly together, then probably have them fight each other, and of course Nathan will win, but only after it seems he may die.

(posted from Chapter 3)

#97 2009-07-01 05:20:03

mjsinjapan
Inebriated

A Readers Perspective:
An interesting chapter, no indication that Alena is a relative of Ron, but possibly that Sashenka's a descendant of the FC? No idea how this is going to fit into the larger story.

(posted from Chapter 4)

#98 2009-07-01 05:26:29

mjsinjapan
Inebriated

A Readers Perspective:

No idea who this person is or where this is going.

Other thoughts? Would like to see familiar characters again (From RJ)

(posted from Interlude 1)

#99 2009-07-01 05:43:17

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You'll see some familiar characters, but it's going to be awhile.

Glad you're enjoying the story.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#100 2009-07-05 09:06:48

torchakashadow
Tipsy

Eric Storm. I believe this to be one of the, if not the best, stories i've ever read. I thoroughly enjoyed your work on the original CAMP. Im just really curious. Would you please go in depth a little more. Like such as, how did Nathan get so terminally ill? I do not know if you went in depth in that sence in chapter 3 or on because i have yet to read them. All in all this is by FAR a great story. In my honest opinion this is WELL worth being made into a novel. Ive loved it all. Its mind candy. Keep up the good work.

-torchakashadow

It is said Learning can cause enjoyment. But on the contrary. Wolfpub.org can cause enjoyment, not learning!

Board footer