The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-21 20:55:36

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Scheduled Chat Room Opening

I know it's a little bit of a short notice, but I'm not expecting a lot of people anyways.

The chat room will be opened Sat and Sun 10-23 and 10-24. As for starting times when it's opened?? Dunno. Whenever we get up? 2-ish pm, EST? Just keep checking in, if you'd like to join us.

We need more ideas for a story Eric is working on! Come on in!

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#2 2010-10-22 01:54:41

lordalpha
Wasted

Re: Scheduled Chat Room Opening

YAY!!! *crazy Kermit Armflails!*

#3 2010-10-22 02:32:30

James Marcus
Wasted

I will do my best to be there. might not be very chatty as I will probably be writing, but I will try nd be there

#4 2010-10-22 21:49:58

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Unfortunately you likely will *not* see me in there this weekend.  I'm attending a local writers convention that is all day Saturday and half day Sunday.  I'm guessing the party will be over before I have a chance to pop in.

Maybe next time.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#5 2010-10-22 22:39:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

For those of you who cannot attend, here is the scenario for which we are looking for ideas (this may help those who do attend, as well):

I'm going to be a bit vague, because I don't want to give away the story.

Our main character, "David", is... "different" from the other students.  (I won't say how)  The other students are trying to convince him to leave the Magic Academy.  In order to do so, they are harassing him.  My question is on methods of harassment.  Keep in mind, they're trying to make his life miserable enough that he will leave.  Humiliation is probably NOT sufficient.

Also, bear in mind our main character believes in revenge, so any acts of harassment that lend themselves easily to interesting forms of revenge are a plus.

Finally, it would be best if neither the harassment nor the revenge bring the attention of the Dean... or worse, the Rimohrs.

Needed info:  These are adult, college-aged people, not kids.

Please present your ideas in *email only*.  (Or pop into the chat room and give them there this weekend!  3dsmile )

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#6 2010-10-23 20:31:00

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

The chat room is now open.

irc.dal.net   #the_mw_pub

Bridget is not present.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#7 2010-10-26 06:05:36

Nadez
Wasted
Website

Correct me if Im wrong..but didnt the chat used to always be open? or am I crazy, what ever happened to it always being open?

#8 2010-10-26 08:03:20

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yes it was.  We got tired of the stress of dealing with it, so we closed it except for special occasions.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#9 2010-10-26 21:31:20

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Nadez wrote:

Correct me if Im wrong..but didnt the chat used to always be open? or am I crazy, what ever happened to it always being open?

Yes you are crazy.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#10 2010-11-24 05:00:26

chab
Tipsy

3dsmileGood news chaps looking forward3dsmile3dsmile

#11 2010-11-24 06:54:20

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

o.O

----
Facebook page

Board footer