The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-29 02:55:29

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

CAMP: Ron's Journey

A young teen discovers that he has The Ability: mental powers to control objects and people. He's not the only one, however, and soon he is discovered by an organization full of such folks. And even they aren't the only ones with the power, and some folks with the power just aren't very nice. Ron must learn to deal with his power, and take on more responsibility than any teen should have to, in order to deal with it all.

Winner of: 2002 Golden Clitoride Award: Classic Clit

Prequel to CAMP: Sibling Rivalry

Please read and comment.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2006-12-05 05:38:29

SlaveMaster
Wasted

Re: CAMP: Ron's Journey

the best story that i read by the artist netwolf

Welcome to The Mystic Wolf Pub

#3 2006-12-07 17:28:13

dracaiel
Inebriated

Great story that I put off way too long to begin; once I did I stayed up WAY to late reading when I had to work early the next morning.

I hate it when authors do that to me; keep it up.

Thanks,

Dracaiel

#4 2006-12-08 01:23:26

SlaveMaster
Wasted

atleast you were able stay up i read the thing in half a week all at once

#5 2006-12-09 00:32:06

dv8n
Wasted

Well I found it and became addicted to the great story only to have it end half way thru...

I finally found the rest a few nerve racking days later on EWP.    I had trouble finding it because of somebody changing their name hahahaha... I can laugh about it now with the help of therapy 3dtongue

Last edited by dv8n (2006-12-09 00:32:51)

:lol:

#6 2006-12-09 08:32:52

SlaveMaster
Wasted

actualy what i started reading it i was on mindcontrol.com and got through half way just like you. and i was looking up the auther and thats how i discoverd ewp

#7 2006-12-09 13:47:00

RED_FOX87
Inebriated

I was just checking this story and I noticed there is an error. Chapter 28 is missing, 29 uploaded in its place, and the remaining chapters are also out of place.

(posted from Chapter 28)

Sex is good, Sex is fine, Doggystyle Or 69, For having fun Or getting paid, Everyone likes Getting laid.

#8 2006-12-09 16:58:35

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thank the Guardians for the "Arrange Item Units" tool I wrote!!!!  3dsmile  Otherwise I'd have had to repost like 9 chapters or something.  3dsmile

Anyway, this is fixed.  Thanks for the heads-up.
Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#9 2006-12-15 16:22:43

bigwind
Tipsy

This is one of those "must read before I die" stories. It may seem a bit long, but it is worth the effort.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#10 2006-12-18 03:17:22

Lucky869
Inebriated

Hey NW, dunno if its just me, but when i try to get the story i get a zip file with a bunch of errors... is this just me?

#11 2006-12-20 17:13:43

SlaveMaster
Wasted

your prob hiting the download button if your trying to read it in the window just click on the link that is in the shape of a play button you see on a vcr

#12 2006-12-21 23:31:29

Lucky869
Inebriated

but i wanna download it...

#13 2006-12-31 00:29:42

nightsecho
Wasted

after rons sister has her baby and they were in the process of naming him they were talking about rons grandfathers

my question is what was the grandfathers full name (first and last) when i read it ,at least to me, it was unclear

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#14 2006-12-31 00:36:53

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

... what the hell difference does it make?

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#15 2006-12-31 18:23:15

dv8n
Wasted

WOW Net...that sure is a funny name...HIS parents must not have liked him too much huh?

3dbig_smile

#16 2006-12-31 20:35:45

nightsecho
Wasted

because if his name is a certain way then you have my real name so i was just curious

#17 2006-12-31 22:42:31

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Then, for you, you can assume that's what his name is.  3dtongue

----
Facebook page

#18 2007-01-02 04:14:20

SlaveMaster
Wasted

I think NightSecho that you just got owned by NetWolf. Honesly after reading the story
what  other need then for the name of the baby did the names or grandfathers matter?

#19 2007-01-02 22:02:31

nightsecho
Wasted

it didnt but when i read it for the first time i was wondering and never got around to asking i had the thought and asked its not really a big deal just my own curiousity

#20 2007-02-05 22:03:23

advancewar
Wasted

too the earlier coments : had the same thing happen to me ...but i got it in snippets over 3 YEARS untill i couldent find anymore at all and had a friend track it down and then i find out HE (net wolf) changed his name whhhy i could have read the story that much earlier if he had just ..kept..the name   whhhyyyy.... sniff   lol
ohh well it was still worth the wait and i wish net wolf will continue on siblings

life=books

#21 2007-02-06 15:47:18

dv8n
Wasted

advancewar wrote:

too the earlier coments : had the same thing happen to me ...but i got it in snippets over 3 YEARS untill i couldent find anymore at all and had a friend track it down and then i find out HE (net wolf) changed his name whhhy i could have read the story that much earlier if he had just ..kept..the name   whhhyyyy.... sniff   lol
ohh well it was still worth the wait and i wish net wolf will continue on siblings

I somehow found out at asstr.org that whitestar was netwolf and he was at EWP....but I'll be damned if I can figure out how I did it now...maybe it was Net's Guardians me to where I needed to be to read the rest...because I've tried doing what I thought I did on other authors and it never works...well at least I found him...because finding him let me find ALOT of really talented writer's that have entertained me endlessly since... THANK YOU TO WHOEVER IT WAS  ..and thank you Net Wolf for surrounding yourself with really good writers...my days are good reading wonderful stories..here and at EWP....regretable the circumstances that happened there...but some very good writer's are still to be found there...and I enjoy their work as much as the talents here at the pub... thank you all

#22 2007-02-08 15:19:37

Stalyon
Tipsy
Website

I was SO disheartened by the criminal way in which Ron treated his sister Dawn.  I loved the story until her final banishment.  Then I hated Ron.  Had he actually helped her and redeemed her, I would've loved this story.  It kills me that I can't love this story because of the mistreatment of one character.  If it weren't for that, I'd say this was a really great story.  I hope Net Wolf redeems Dawn in 'Sibling Rivalry'.  I don't know how he could manage it given the amount of time and suffering she's been through, but if CAN do it, then he'll have kudos from me.  Until Dawn is redeemed I'll hate Ron with a passion.  I suppose in a way my strong feelings about this story is a testament to Net Wolf's writing ability.  I just wish he had created a more heartening plot.

#23 2007-02-08 19:31:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Life isn't sunshine and daffodils.  Not everyone can live "happily ever after".  There's no realism in that.

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#24 2007-02-13 17:05:54

Stalyon
Tipsy
Website

I agree with you on a basic level, Wolf.  On the other side of that coin, life isn't all 'darkness and thorns' either.  Things like hope, redemption, and miracles really do happen for ordinary people across the world.  I explained my position much more clearly in the thread about your story over at EWP.org much better than here.  My main point is that your character Ron HAS the ability to make a difference if only he'd be willing to do something about it.  The point is that in NOT doing so, he is proving that he doesn't care for her as much as he claimed.  He knew she was afflicted by a poison in her psyche and he was/is in a unique position to do something about it.  Instead he simply allowed that poison to remain and create a gulf between them.  Life isn't perfect (and Dawn's certainly hasn't been), but that doesn't mean that she shouldn't be allowed to find a measure of peace.  As Ron's first 'victim' (and she was), I'd think that she'd deserve more from him and her family than she has gotten.  At this point so far, she doesn't even have her own child anymore.  It just feels like she has become the 'whipping girl' of the series.  Surely she deserves a break?  Up til now, you've been content to simply allow her to literally be in HELL.  The most real sort of hell I believe exists.  Isolated and suffering within a prison inside her own mind.  Except that her 'dear' brother COULD help her out of it, but instead he's developed a heart of stone, content to just leave her in Hell.  That is the tragedy of the story.  Not that something CAN'T be done, but that it WON'T be done for whatever reason.  That is what I'd like to see corrected although in my mind it would be very late in coming.  Tragically late, but at least some peace is preferable to none.

I feel for Dawn because of circumstances within my own 'real' life experiance.  The idea of allowing family to suffer when somthing CAN be done about it, is repugnant to me.  It is for that reason that I'm taking Dawn's case up with you as the 'god' of this series universe.  It is within your power to do something, and no one else.  Ron and every other character is at your mercy.  If YOU will it, then Ron will heal his sister and give her peace.  OBVIOUSLY that is what I'D like to see, but its up to you if/when you get around to furthering 'Sibling Rivalry'.  I'm not seeking to see all of Dawn's 'dream's coming true', just a measure of peace and restoration.  I hope you'll consider it.  Peace.  ;-)

Stalyon

#25 2007-02-13 19:40:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

First off, if you don't understand why Ron couldn't change what's going on with her, you didn't read CRJ carefully enough, and you should go back and re-read it. (Ack.  Did I just tell someone to re-read CRJ?  Yikes...)  You are sympathizing with her as a victim, but you are failing to see that he is also a victim of the process that affected her.  You say that he could heal her, and while this is, on a strictly technical level, true, you fail to take into account the psychological trauma he has suffered himself, and just how difficult it would be for him, as a person, to break through the barrier he now has against making wholesale changes to people in the way you're talking about.

Dawn's neurosis is not the result of Ron's controls; it's a matter of her own emotional instability coupled with the traumatic experiences she suffered as a teen.  As such, the only way to fix the problem is to change her personality... in effect, killing the person who has gone before.  This is the kind of thing that Ron used to do regularly, but through his experiences learned was a dangerous path to travel, and he has severe psychological problems with the idea of doing it to his sister.  Just because someone is physically capable of something, doesn't mean they are psychologically or emotionally capable of it.  You are assuming that Ron is an omnipotent entity who is above all human concerns and can do whatever the hell he wants.  He's not.

Having said that, and without revealing any details, I can tell you that there has always been a plan for Dawn in Sibling Rivalry.  Whether that plan is satisfactory to you or not... will have to wait for me to write those chapters.

Net Wolf

PS: I rarely if ever visit the EWP forums, so there was little point in you posting anything over there aimed in my direction.

----
Facebook page

Board footer