Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-14 23:14:34

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Forum Milestone

Well, we reached 6000 posts today.

That would be impressive, if it didn't signal a massive slowdown in posting.

3dsad

It took us just over 1 year to go from 5000 to 6000 posts.  But we made the first 5000 posts in just 2 years, 10 months.

To do the math for you:  Dec, 2006 - Sept. 2009: 5000 posts in 34 months = an average of 147 posts /month.
Oct. 2009 - Oct. 2010: 1000 posts in 12 months = 83 posts / month.

I repeat:  3dsad

It seems the interest in this website is waning.  Anyone have any ideas what we can do to fix that?

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2010-10-15 00:04:43

Colorado
Inebriated

Re: Forum Milestone

I only never posted on the forum due to starting reading your material when i was underaged... so four years ago and never got the chance to really get involved inside the forum. GO RUN-ONS

#3 2010-10-15 00:52:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

If you don't tell us your age, we won't ask...  3dangel

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2010-10-15 00:59:40

Colorado
Inebriated

oh no I'm legal now but when i read Ron's Journey on xnxx.com was when i started go PSP/IPOD

#5 2010-10-16 13:42:12

James Marcus
Wasted

I have seen this trend before on another site I have been visiting for almost five years now. People get busy, intrest slows down as the updates of the stuff that brough them to the site went into a slump. but with the introduction of new stuff it brings in new blood and the forums flourished agian. With the opening of the site to more authors, that should bring more people to the site, as there will be more new content. More new people will bring more new posters in to the forums.

Also some way to some how get word out there that this site exists. I only found it due to the recomendation that I post here by a friend on another forum. It is very hard to find good story sites, I personally only routinely visit this one and two others. The only forums I visti are this on and the one I found this site recomended on.

Telgar

#6 2010-10-16 19:34:28

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'm not a good marketer, so I have no idea how we would "advertise" this site.  Occasionally, I'll repost one of my finished stories to the Usenet, and that tends to bring us quite a few new members.  Perhaps I need to do that again.

Other than that, I kind of depend on the current members to mention this site to other people who might be interested.  I don't really know of any other way to do it.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#7 2010-10-26 05:51:21

Nadez
Wasted
Website

Thats a bit hilarious, when I started reading Eric's work on XNXX I was underage too..Its like..Erics story..Traps the poor underage people! I have a couple ideas on how to get more people back to the Site, I think one thing that needs to be a little easier is BECOMING an author. I know youve worked out the process to be as simple as you can so you dont just get a ton of crap but it IS still difficult for the lay author to pull off

#8 2010-10-26 08:01:26

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

It was never intended to be easy.  But the people have spoken via the last poll, and so we will eventually be opening the site up to anyone who wishes to post here.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer