Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-07 05:04:26

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

[BlackDragon] Kieran: the journey begins

[BlackDragon] Kieran: the journey begins

The year is 2199 yet much is as it was at the beginning of the 21st century with one major difference. Shortly after the turn of the century people began to manifest powers, some powers were used for good, some were used for great evil, many lives were lost in the struggle for domination and freedom. Eventually an equilibrium was struck as more and more people began to exhibit a wide variety of powers. A taskforce was established to deal harshly with any and all who would bring harm to those around them with their power, many years past and the occurrence of these would-be evil doers dwindled dramatically in the face of the harshest justice. People began to use their powers responsibly, and the need for such drastic measures was no longer called for. For the last 50 years there has been peace worldwide as nations drew together to work towards humanities benefit. Soon all this would change, and war would once again tear this world apart…

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2010-06-07 18:48:35

Bd.Carlo
Inebriated

Re: [BlackDragon] Kieran: the journey begins

well detailed, and nicely put together story,  some parts seemed stilted to me, but over all I liked it, and though that it was a good offering to the internet gods.  3dtongue

Last edited by Bd.Carlo (2010-06-07 18:49:07)

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."  Elbert Hubbard
"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking." Jerry Seinfeld

#3 2010-06-10 03:00:01

lerris
Inebriated

I liked it alot. Very good plot line intersesting story. Definatley write more.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them!

#4 2010-06-15 22:27:38

Colorado
Inebriated

Can't wait for you to post your next chapter it has me on the end of my chair with anticipation.  Good luck and don't forget its always chaotic this time of year so stay safe. 3dtongue

#5 2010-10-18 00:08:41

Lucky869
Inebriated

Very good read.  Eagerly awaiting more 3dbig_smile

#6 2011-03-18 06:41:52

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

a good start, I'd defiantly read more

(posted from Finding home)

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#7 2012-02-14 22:35:13

Frustratedfarmer
Tipsy

More? Please let there be more... Please!

(posted from Finding home)

#8 2012-02-14 22:38:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Black Dragon has not decided to open an author account here at the Pub, and the Prospective Authors section is now closed, so unfortunately, there is unlikely to be more of this story here.  He is, perhaps, posting elsewhere.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#9 2012-04-15 09:36:20

eragon921
Tipsy

Has anyone indeed found any more of Black Dragon's writings elsewhere? I've checked a couple places but haven't had any luck.

#10 2023-10-16 10:25:00

Honeyugger
Tipsy

There are a lot of writers that just fade away.
It is an unfortunate demise of perhaps a good story/author. I have noticed several whom have started a serial novel and just never posted again.

#11 2023-10-16 10:44:39

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Writing often turns out to be far more drudgery than people are expecting, or willing to tolerate.  Then, sometimes, a person has what they think is a great story idea, and they start in on it, only to realize they have no story to go with their story idea.  Or they start writing, then get lots of negative feedback, and their self-confidence goes through the floor, and they're not willing to put themselves out there anymore.  Many find that, after they've gotten through that initial rush of starting a new project, they don't have the motivation to continue.  And, of course, there are those whose life situation changes, and they simply no longer have the time.

Point is, it's far easier to NOT finish a story, than to finish a story.  This is the sad truth of why stories go abandoned, and authors go missing.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer