Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1176 2019-07-02 12:59:15

Blackie
Inebriated

Re: Writing Status

Eric Storm wrote:

Update for July 2, 2019:
As of today, I have written every day for the last two weeks.
The amount of writing I have done in those 14 days... comprises half of all the words I've written this year.
Eric Storm

If it makes you feel any better I had a fourteen to fifteen year dry spell for writing.

-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

#1177 2019-07-02 20:45:42

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Progress is progress, at least you are trying.

Eric Storm wrote:

Update for July 2, 2019:

The amount of writing I have done in those 14 days... comprises half of all the words I've written this year.

3dsad

That's just sad.

Eric Storm

#1178 2019-07-03 21:51:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for July 3, 2019:

Agent of Change, Chapter 7 is finished.  It is NOT with the reviewers, as the bastards haven't yet finished with WAY8-3.

Things will be posted when they are available for posting.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#1179 2019-07-04 10:53:15

Cheezes
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

Update for July 2, 2019:

3dsad

That's just sad.

Eric Storm

you cant change the past regardless of what you do. So i dont see the sadness in having written every day for the last 2 weeks.
i only feel happiness at the content you did put out i consider that far better for ones state of mind then sadness regarding the idea of content that never existed.

celebrate your achievements when you can, there will be plenty to be sad about in the future. Life always has a tendency to generate things to be sad about.

i know easier said/written then done 3dwink

#1180 2019-07-04 22:52:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, first let me say that I hope that this philosophy works for you.  I mean that sincerely.

Having said THAT, this sort of sunshine-and-lollipops positive thinking crap makes people like me want to vomit.

My current life sucks.  My future shows no prospects of improvement.  This gives my past a leg up on the competition: no matter how sucky it was, it's OVER.

The sadness you spoke of has nothing to do with writing for two weeks straight, and everything to do with knowing that I could have - and should have - been doing that for the last six months.  Okay, I'll grant that March was ALWAYS going to blow chunks, and February probably would always have been a mess, as well.  That still leaves four other months in which I didn't live up to my expectations, my potential, or my known ability.

Sorry if that kind of pisses me off about myself, but it does.  I once wrote 400,000 words in a single year.  That would be like writing TWO Woodward novels, in twelve months.  Having done that, and also having similar other years, proves that I can do it, I just DON'T.  And the fact that I don't, is annoying.

Maybe you don't get annoyed with yourself.  If not, then congratulations and more power to you.  Me?  I get kind of pissy when I screw up.  Avoiding this feeling is one of the things that helps me to actually get anything done, because at heart I'm a lazy fuckin' procrastinator who would much rather be screwing around with Photoshop than doing the chores like he should have been for the last three days.

*shrugs*  To each their own.  But don't tell me to be happy when clearly I'm not.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#1181 2019-07-04 22:59:16

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Yeah, to much over positive can be a little... sickening, however, it's true. You should look on a brighter side of all of this work. As for life just sucking, yeah, it certainly does. Now what i do? I hope for the best, and plan for the worst. At least then, I will be prepared, or better prepared for the worst thing that can happen, if it doesn't happen and things are great, then awesome, life will be that much better!

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

I HOPE we have a chapter every week for the next 5 months. However, i PLAN to have something else to occupy me until a chapter appears as the past tells me it will go good and then stall. Sadly.

#1182 2019-07-04 23:05:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

"Hope for the best, plan for the worst, and expect something in the middle."  - I've always lived by this motto.  It rarely lets me down.

Although I admit that the "middle" that I'm expecting these days tends to be a little closer to "the worst" than "the best".

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1183 2019-07-05 02:45:32

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for July 4, 2019:

The Woodward Academy, Year 8, Chapter 4: September has been started.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1184 2019-07-05 17:32:58

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Awesome! How is it coming with the reviewers? They seem to be.. sluggish.

Eric Storm wrote:

Update for July 4, 2019:

The Woodward Academy, Year 8, Chapter 4: September has been started.

Eric Storm

#1185 2019-07-05 18:00:00

shadowlord
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

It is NOT with the reviewers, as the bastards haven't yet finished with WAY8-3.

gimme NAMES...  I'll bet I can find 10 or 20 guys to convince 'em to move it along!!!!

sl

#1186 2019-07-05 18:00:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You're telling me.  I'm about to slug(ish) one or two of them...

Still waiting on two of them for WAY8-3.  Then they can start on AC-7.  At this rate, I'll have WAY8-4 done by the time they get finished with THAT...

Grrr.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1187 2019-07-05 18:01:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

shadowlord wrote:

Eric Storm wrote:

It is NOT with the reviewers, as the bastards haven't yet finished with WAY8-3.

gimme NAMES...  I'll bet I can find 10 or 20 guys to convince 'em to move it along!!!!

sl

No, that would just slow them down even more until they got out of the hospital.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1188 2019-07-07 05:35:31

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for July 7, 2019:

Uploaded a new logo for The Woodward Academy.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1189 2019-07-07 09:38:42

Archangel1962
Wasted

You don't hurt them, you hurt the families.
3dangel

BALLAD of The US Navy SEAL Teams
Im a lover, a fighter, I'm a UDT Navy SEAL diver. Last of the bare-knuckle fighters.
No muff too tough, I dive for five, tuck, suck, fuck, nibble and chew.I dine and interwine, masturbate, ejaculate and copulate.Been around the world twice, and talked to everyone once. Seen two white whales fuck, and been to two pigmy picnics.Met a man from Nantucket with a marble head and wooden cock, and ladies, if you dont like my face you can sit on it.

#1190 2019-07-07 18:48:21

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Oh, great.  Then I have to wait for them to go to funerals, and quit grieving...  You just don't want me to finish WAY8, do you???

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1191 2019-07-07 19:23:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Speaking of WAY8:

Update #2 for July 7, 2019:

The Woodward Academy, Year 8, Chapter 3: August has been posted to PRM.
The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 9: February has been made public.

AC-7 will be going to the reviewers today.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1192 2019-07-10 01:30:17

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for July 9, 2019:

Agent of Change, Chapter 8 has been started.

AC-7 is with the reviewers.  WAY8-4 is underway slowly.

I broke my writing streak at 18 days.  Today's the first day I've written since Saturday.  I think I just needed a break: the whole pressure of trying to keep the streak going was getting to me.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1193 2019-07-10 07:51:36

KaosKing
Inebriated

Woo! Eric's writing!

Now let me go bribe the muses..

Seriously, Woodward Academy is just.. awesome. In some ways I prefer it to Harry Potter

#1194 2019-07-10 14:10:39

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

That's 'cause Harry never got laid.  3dbig_smile

I mean, Cho could have at least fucked him before fucking him over...  hehehe  (Sorry if she wasn't "at fault" in the books... I've only read through them once, and don't remember the differences.)

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1195 2019-07-10 18:46:17

Blackie
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

That's 'cause Harry never got laid.  3dbig_smile

We know that can't be completely true. He and Ginny did have three kids after all.
*edit done, being told it was three by a coworker is so strange.

oops. did I say that out loud?

Last edited by Blackie (2019-07-10 19:11:35)

-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

#1196 2019-07-10 21:33:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

But we never got to see it, now did we?

Knowing it happened, without seeing it... it's almost worse! 

3dbig_smile

Eric Storm
Yes, I do think all stories are better with sex.  I'm an erotica writer.  Hush. 3dtongue

----
Facebook page

#1197 2019-07-12 04:50:13

bigfoot
Wasted

For the fifth or sixth time (I get bored), I went back to WAY1 and started reading from the beginning. And for the fifth or sixth time, I am amazed by this story. This monumental undertaking remains one of my favorite online series. As such, I offer a hearty thank you for the time and effort you put into sharing this with the world. BRAVO!!!

#1198 2019-07-12 05:04:21

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You're welcome.  Checks can be made out to...

3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#1199 2019-07-12 20:34:45

bigfoot
Wasted

Eric - I do electronic payments 3dsmile

In re-reading everything, I came up with a bunch of questions for you, most of which don't amount to much. But one has stuck with me so allow me to please ask. In WAY4, Joe enacted an ignorance charm over both he and David so they could catch Jim as he was robbing dorm rooms.  Could this ignorance charm have been used when David and Joe were behind enemy lines in the time that lead to Joe's death? If so, can it be used in the current war efforts?

#1200 2019-07-12 21:32:18

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

It's a good question, but the answer is no.  The reason is because the ignorance hex will not work on a hyper-vigilant person.  In other words, if the person is actively looking for anyone (doesn't even have to be the person who cast the hex, just anybody), then it won't work.  The hex simply isn't strong enough to fight the mental focus of the individual.  It worked on Jim because Jim had gotten complacent in his behavior.

You can feel free to ask the other questions, if you want.  If I don't want to answer them, I'll just give you a smart-ass comment and go on with my life.

3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer