Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#801 2018-01-29 00:34:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Writing Status

Update for January 28, 2018:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 10: March, has been started.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#802 2018-01-29 04:54:58

Crusader
Wasted

Congrats on getting you 'mojo' back

#803 2018-01-29 05:05:44

Antdun2
Tipsy

I never posted before, but have kept up on much of your roller coaster through the forums. I am glad you have come out the other side, regardless of whether you continue to write my favorite stories. Having said that, the latest chapter was amazing and entirely worth the wait. I have several other stories, cycles, and sites that I turn to when Wolfpub reads "no new entries". It is nice to get back to the main course after surviving on appetizers for so long. Thank you for what you do.

#804 2018-01-30 02:09:42

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Rock them out, Eric!

#805 2018-01-30 02:25:02

Timberwolf92
Inebriated

WOW... Amazing chapter Eric. Happy to hear that your year seems to be starting off so well; wish I could say the same. Reading these posts and the stories have long past become a way to improve my mood when I get overwhelmed in my real life.

#806 2018-01-30 19:20:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Sorry to hear that things are not going well for you, Timberwolf.  If my writing can, in some small way, give you a brief respite from the annoyances that Real Life (TM) presents, then I consider my job a success.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#807 2018-03-01 07:02:31

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 1, 2018:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 3: August, has been made public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 9: February, has been posted to PRM.

I'm having extreme difficulty with a scene in WAY7-10, but I still hope to have it done in time for posting on the 1st of next month.  The scene is a critical one to the storyline, so I'm struggling to make sure that it works properly.  The chapter is currently 11-12,000 words long, so once I get past this scene, it should be a fairly quick wrapup.  On the other hand, I've been fighting with this scene for weeks.  Who will win, the blank page or the author?  Stay tuned...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#808 2018-03-19 02:27:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 18, 2018:

I have finally completed the scene that has been dogging me for weeks.  Given that it's only the 18th, this means there is a good chance (though not a certainty) that this chapter will be ready to post on the 1st.

This scene was one of a few critical scenes to the entire series, which is one reason it was so hard for me to manage.  My reviewers gave me a lot of help... so if the scene sucks, blame them!
3dbig_smile

No, just kidding.  I thank them for their help.  Any fuck-ups are mine.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#809 2018-03-20 00:30:14

aweriel
Tipsy

I thing, this question have been earlier, but I didn't can found it.
How about Artifact II, last update was 3 years ago... I love this story.
Sorry, if I bother you.

#810 2018-03-20 01:23:26

thehilz
Completely Blotto

If you go to the Artifact II topic and read that you will see that nearly a year ago to the day Eric posted not to expect any new chapters in the story anytime soon until his writing muse returned.

#811 2018-03-21 05:57:00

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 21, 2018:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 10: March, has been completed, and is with the reviewers.

This means that, barring something truly bizarre, the chapter will be posted April 1st.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#812 2018-03-22 04:03:35

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

Yay !

#813 2018-03-23 01:41:47

JJ Richards
Inebriated

Just curious, now that Woodward is more or less on track, any word on AoC?  ;-)

#814 2018-03-23 04:55:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I appreciate your interest, since almost no one else mentions that story, but WA is hardly what I'd call "on track".  I'm still struggling to make my monthly postings.  (It doesn't help when I'm writing 22,000 word chapters, either...)

AoC is still sitting, waiting for me to have the time to deal with it.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#815 2018-03-23 13:50:05

thehilz
Completely Blotto

I think there is more interest than it seems it just that others may feel like me and not wish to ask about the story often as we don’t want to be bugging you about it. (Same about Artifacts II for me)

#816 2018-03-23 16:54:00

Desgi
Inebriated

I am in agreement with thehilz, I generally don't want to pester authors with, "when's the next update"  questions. However, Eric, you can take it as read that you are my favorite author of any type of work still among the living. Sorry mate, but Pratchett takes the all time lol. I can honestly say that I look forward to the eventual continuation of Agent of Change or Artifacts II as much as I do Woodward.

#817 2018-03-24 04:34:21

Josh.Bond
Inebriated

I echo and endorse my fellow aficionados of the erotic fiction relms and would like to say AoC is a good story and would like to read more of it. also artifact 2 is a great read. but all in all way1-∞ is still my favorite.

#818 2018-03-28 19:14:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for March 28, 2018:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 11: April, has been started, and is already nearly 2,000 words long.

Most of the reviews of WAY7-10 are in, and the significant problem with the chapter (there was one) has been resolved.  It will be posted on April 1st, barring unforeseen, non-story-related circumstances.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#819 2018-03-31 03:13:16

JJ Richards
Inebriated

Ok, everyone talking about “The Artifact† made me go read it...all in one day....damn Eric...excellent work! It is a very good story and I love how you managed all the characters! Well played!!!

#820 2018-03-31 08:30:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Now you can be frustrated with everyone else when it takes me another decade to finish A2.

3dsad

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#821 2018-03-31 08:31:50

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

PS:  We got our new glasses in today.  Keeshaba is very happy, her vision is much improved with the new glasses.  Mine... um...  well, let's just say I can still see, and leave it at that.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#822 2018-04-01 05:56:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for April 1, 2018:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 10: March, has been posted to PRM.
The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 4: September, has been made public.

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 11: April is progressing steadily.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#823 2018-04-01 07:46:54

bigfoot
Wasted

BRAVO!!!!!   WAY7 Chapter 10 was remarkable. I was on the edge of my seat in the showdown between DS and LD. So many things resolved as well - the mystery of the Emmig Amulet, David's parents, etc., and the potential betrayal of Dean Lengel. I am blown away!!    Really well done.

#824 2018-04-04 03:32:57

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Eric, your sight issues, are they correctable with surgery or no?  I am just curious since I am constantly reading about this new medical process or procedure or that new treatment for whatever ails ya’.

#825 2018-04-04 07:58:48

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Not even remotely correctable with surgery.

First off, I have what is referred to as "high myopia".  That means I'm so fuckin' nearsighted that I'm actually blinder than most bats.  3dsmile  Seriously, when my glasses are fitted for "distance" viewing (instead of computer work), my numbers are like -17.50 spherical.  (Yes, my glasses prescription is so strong that it is actually necessary to pick whether they will focus near or far.)

More importantly, I have something called "nystagmus".  What this is, is a continuous motion of the eyes, back and forth, up and down, over and over again, it never stops.  I cannot stare at anything, because that requires you to stop moving your eyes, and mine don't.  Why this is so detrimental to my vision is that my eye never has time to really focus on anything before it has moved to a new thing to focus on, thus meaning my eyes really don't get a chance to see.  This is really problematic when I'm in a moving vehicle, or trying to play a fast-paced video game.  Even if I COULD normally see the thing, if it was standing still, because it's moving so fast, I simply don't have time to make it out before it's gone.

Laser surgery might eventually be able to cure high myopia.  It can't do anything at all for nystagmus, because that's a neuromuscular issue, not an eye shape issue.

These are not the only things wrong with my eyes, but they are the two biggest problems.

Eric Storm

PS:  In case anyone hasn't figure it out yet, no, talking about my handicap doesn't bother me in the slightest.  And yes, I said HANDICAP, not disability.  Personally, I find disability to be a far more insulting term.

----
Facebook page

Board footer