Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-20 06:43:51

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

CASS

CASS

The year is 2253, and a strange message from space soon has Earth in the middle of an interstellar war.  A battle-shocked admiral, an untested captain, and a maverick fighter pilot are among the brave men and women tasked with preventing the massacre of entire planets of people.  Can they succeed?  Can they even survive?

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2010-04-20 06:46:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: CASS

A NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR:

This story is NOT new.  It has been sitting on my hard drive for many years.  I was intending it to be the book I actually attempted to get published mainstream.  However, it is now clear to me that I will never actually manage that, and so I decided to let my internet readers have at it.

It is not even close to finished, and I imagine progress on it will be as glacial as everything else I'm working on.  3dsad

Enjoy what's here.
Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2010-04-21 02:11:39

AvidReader
Inebriated

Very good story Eric!    I have no idea why you say you will never be a published writer because you are obviously very talented!  I've always thought that you were a natural story teller and everything I read from you confirms that.  I wish I knew what to say to you to fix whatever the issue is that you feel keeps you from becoming successful, all I can say is please keep writing, for your fans sake if not for yourself!!

(posted from Chapter 3)

#4 2010-04-23 22:45:44

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Hey,

Just read the first three chapters.  I think you have the foundation for a very good story here and would like to encourage you to continue working on it.

Impressions on reading the story: You have an interesting way of handling your exposition.  I'm not sure if it is exactly the right approach, but it does the trick I guess, I suspect less forgiving readers might be thrown off by the style however.  As usual, you have well developed characterization that makes it easy for me the reader to get to know and care for them all.

As said before, I would like to see what happens next but I'm not sure what other projects you should put on the back burner to satisfy my need, so I will leave that to you to decide.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#5 2010-04-23 23:31:21

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Storymaster69 wrote:

You have an interesting way of handling your exposition.

Care to expound upon this?  I'm not really sure what you mean.

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#6 2010-04-24 00:30:31

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

Storymaster69 wrote:

You have an interesting way of handling your exposition.

Care to expound upon this?  I'm not really sure what you mean.

Eric

*spoiler alert--spoiler alert--spoiler alert--spoiler alert--spoiler alert--spoiler alert--spoiler alert--spoiler alert--spoiler alert--*

How you use classroom situations to explain some of the technology that will be used to get the ships out to fight the bad guys.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#7 2010-06-08 07:16:51

advancewar
Wasted

i like this story and tho i don't expect more to be writen in the near future  please know that i do DEMAND MORE MUHAHAHA

life=books

#8 2011-02-19 23:05:28

the pa
Tipsy

This is a great story so far. u have the foundation of one hell of a plot. u should finish it and publish it. It will sell.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#9 2011-02-20 02:30:36

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you're enjoying the story.  One of these days, I'll add more to it.

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#10 2011-10-04 02:53:36

celf
Wasted

this is a grate story plz write more.

i hope that it has not been to long from the time you came up with this story,
and that you still remember the plot you had planned for it.

Eric, you have skill. a lot of skill. but i bet you know that 3dsmile
in my mind to be a good writer you need
A: grate imagination
B: The Will to give time to useing that imagination
C: The Skill to get what is in your imagination in to a Word format...

and your skill is one of the best i seen,
who dose not have a published book.

but dont let that get you down...
Book's are so old school now. this is 2011, the age of dater, not paper 3dsmile
keep up the good work.

#11 2011-10-04 03:26:15

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, I'm glad you liked this story.  Not to worry, I write down my plot lines, so that I don't forget them.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#12 2011-10-05 04:17:41

WarLord
Wasted
Website

I like CASS

Interesting setting, and characters and many places for thr plot to go. Nicely done.

The subplot wth tranlators who just don't get it...  Thats fun for a while but could quickly become annoying. It did for me by the 3rd chapter.  A personal preference that could get in the way of an otherwise terrific story

Thanx for sharing your vision, an interesting story well told

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?" - George Orwell, Politics and the English Language, 1946

#13 2011-10-05 05:03:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I would say, "Just don't get it" is rather harsh.  It would be more apt to say that they are dove-ish.  While I personally disagree with their position, that doesn't mean they "don't get it".  They just don't agree with us.

With the exception of the ambassador, there will not be a big story around the diplomatic vs. military personnel.  The translators will just make the best of things.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#14 2011-11-02 00:49:48

bigboy1145
Tipsy

i love your writeing. Its hard to find storys that pull you in. the way yours do. the only problem i see with your wriyeing is theres not more of it !!! keep writeing ill be waiteing on the eage of my sit for the storys.

Admin wrote:

CASS

The year is 2253, and a strange message from space soon has Earth in the middle of an interstellar war.  A battle-shocked admiral, an untested captain, and a maverick fighter pilot are among the brave men and women tasked with preventing the massacre of entire planets of people.  Can they succeed?  Can they even survive?

#15 2011-11-02 01:00:04

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you're enjoying this one.  I don't know when there will be more of it, but I'll try to get to it eventually...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#16 2012-01-21 22:47:53

grandad_rufus
Inebriated

More power to your keyboard Eric. Nice first three chapters. And if I compare this work to the style of Robert Heinlein's Starship Troupers, it's because that was the best SF I've ever read. It may be a long hard battle, but you can do this.

If they give you ruled paper, write the other way.
Grandad Rufus.

It's not that I have a dirty mind, you understand. It's just that so many of my thoughts leave muddy little footprints...

#17 2012-05-30 23:06:18

FelixRex
Tipsy

Wow, this story has a lot of potential!  Great stuff, so far.  I'm looking forward to as many chapters that you care to write.  I second the fact that this has some similarity to Starship Troopers but has its own character.  Please spend some time on this one; it will be well worth it.

(posted from Chapter 3)

#18 2015-10-31 01:34:23

Rescue25
Wasted

OK WOW !!  Where is CH 4 ?????

(posted from Chapter 3)

#19 2015-10-31 02:39:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Three websites over, behind the firewall and next to the virtual domain entries.

3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#20 2016-01-22 16:03:52

Kevin1952
Tipsy

More please.

(posted from Chapter 3)

#21 2016-02-04 17:22:15

Neptune:lord of the sea
Inebriated

Hi Eric it's been very long since you last updated this story.Just wondering if you ever plan on finishing it.No offence.

Every coin has two sides

#22 2016-02-04 23:35:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, did you see it marked as "Abandoned"?

There will eventually be more to this story.  When that will happen, I cannot say.  It has been interesting me of late, but I am so concerned with making my deadlines on Woodward Academy right now that it is hard to think about much else.  Especially since I'm still not writing up to the speed I know I could be.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#23 2017-11-05 23:53:32

Seumus1
Inebriated

Excellent story! PLEASE work more on this, if you can. As a huge fan on good military SF and space opera, I REALLY like what you have so far.

#24 2017-11-06 08:55:17

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I promise I haven't abandoned this story.  It just feels like it.  Maybe this will be my "after-Woodward project", who knows?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#25 2017-11-20 01:44:58

Sdragon
Inebriated
Website

im looking forward to this story moving forward, it looks like it will turn out as good as many of your others. as to your woodward collection, to be honest, with the way woodward is going i imagine you will be writing a continuation of it even after the academy section is finished, almost like Terry Brooks did with the Shanara series, but that is just personal feelings if not maybe a slight subliminal seed being implanted maybe. hmmmm, The Dugerra Saga..., i like the sound of that.

Last edited by Sdragon (2017-11-20 01:47:49)

Board footer