The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-01 08:28:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

State of the Website, 2009/2010

Well, here we are, another year gone, and a new year waits before us.  It is once again time to take a look back, and a look forward, to see how far we have come, and yet how far we have to go.

2009 was, for the website, a truly uneventful year.  We added one new author, and we thankfully did not lose any.  We currently have 3,357 users, an increase of almost two per day all year long.  These are the only noteworthy events for the site over the past year.

So, as we look forward, what should we expect to see in 2010?  I am hopeful that we can add at least five new authors to the site this year.  Of course, you will have to help me do that: I don't read all that much, so I will need recommendations for new authors to invite.

I am also hoping to add new features, and revamp old ones.  Specifically, I'm hoping to rework the Recipe Book this year, to a far more user-friendly system.  Other than that, I'm not going to make any specific predictions about what will be added, because I really don't know what's going to happen in 2010, and I don't want to disappoint anyone.

Personally, 2009 has been a year of highs and lows.  While my renewed relationship with LAoW is certainly a high point, our struggling finances continue to be a low.

Speaking of finances, I would like to stop and take a moment to thank those who have donated.  The extra income has been of immense help.  I would ask for your continued support, as things are only growing more difficult at the moment, with no relief yet in sight.

I am hoping that 2010 will be a year of writing for me, but of course, one can never know that until the year is underway.  Let us hope that the words flow readily.  I did not meet my 2009 writing goal.  I am hoping that I can do so in 2010.  I will have a new chapter of Where the Maiasaurs Roam out within the next couple weeks.  Beyond that, I cannot say what is coming, because I do not know.  I know everyone wants more of CAMP: Sibling Rivalry, and so I will attempt to work more on that, but ultimately, my muse will dictate what comes out of my demented little mind.  3dsmile

So, that's that.  There's not a lot to talk about, because very little happened on this site in the last twelve months.  Here's to hoping the next twelve are more interesting.

Happy New Year to you all,
Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer