The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-29 02:04:24

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Artifacts I

The first in a four-book series, we follow the adventures of Andrew Kelly after he is given a magical ring with the ability to control minds. But his magic is bigger than just the ring, and he must face other magicians as well, who are looking to take the power he has, not to mention his woman. Will Andrew be able to save his loved ones from the evil?

Please read and comment.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2006-12-05 05:56:22

SlaveMaster
Wasted

Re: Artifacts I

great series it  closly resembles rons jurney however powers differ and sourse of power but well worth time to read this noavl wouldent you wish you had some of these powers

Welcome to The Mystic Wolf Pub

#3 2006-12-31 03:41:40

scrambler_j
Tipsy

A great series!   I enjoyed the magic angle over the psionic angle that you used in Ron's CAMP tale.   This first adventure was a great intro to this new word and has me hoping that it won't be  too long before book two hits the site!

-j-

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#4 2007-09-05 03:07:52

cactusmop
Tipsy

This is a great series, as it should be since you wrote it!
The first adventure was great, like everyone else has said. I can't wait to read part 2. Unless it has came out already, and i just cant find it!

#5 2007-09-05 21:32:05

nightsecho
Wasted

no it hasnt been posted yet

but you're right it is a great story

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#6 2007-11-16 20:09:44

rrbaars
Tipsy

Great story I also can't wait for part two

#7 2007-11-25 10:57:29

amart
Tipsy

you definitely have a talent for writing. I found this story quite engrossing but unfortunately, not quite as absorbing as dragonseekers or PAO. Part of he reason, I daresay you will find in my rant / comment in PAO and part is that, well lets just say one man's meat is another man's poison. though we are always at sixes and sevens , somehow I'm much closer to my father. and afraid that I simply lose interest in any stories going on about mothers & sons. I'm not disgusted or anything, just simply not interested.

#8 2008-02-12 22:51:02

lyrics36
Tipsy

I certainly enjoyed this story a great deal.  The magic angle was a nice change. 

Can you tell us when "Artifacts 2" will be coming out?  I am looking very forward to reading it.

SAL

#9 2008-02-13 03:41:05

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

2068.  Or the end of the world + 3 days, whichever comes first.  3dsmile

Honestly, I have no idea.  I'm trying to close out some of the myriad of open projects I've already got going before I start on anything new, and as I'm sure everyone has noticed, it's taking me forever.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#10 2008-02-23 23:33:38

tjstevearno
Tipsy

Eric dude, id just like to say, that you shouldn't rush to fill our sometimes unfair demands for stories, both new and to complete old ones. I just like to show my appreciation, and even if you never wrote a single story again, although id be so devastated my heart would stop (no but really i would miss your fantastic mind), i wouldn't take back the stories ive read for anything

Thanks man
Many thanks and with great sincerity
Tj Stevens

Ps. Please Please Please, keep it up.

#11 2008-03-01 02:18:07

wiking
Tipsy

Just wanted to let you know i like this one very much.

#12 2008-05-05 21:05:21

iccrmmkr
Inebriated

Very good story as ussual. Will there be another about reba?

(posted from Epilogue)

#13 2008-05-05 22:25:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Eventually.

(Is that what I called her?  Damn, I need to re-read that story... 3dbig_smile )

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#14 2009-06-14 04:43:53

fathertyme
Inebriated

wooo hooo... 1 year closer to the sequel 3dtongue

<--- smart arse... I just couldn't resist.. noticed it had been about a year since the last post ;P

#15 2009-07-10 10:56:32

Nadez
Wasted
Website

Oookay So I just finished this and Its my favorite of your stories so Far I even liked it better then Ron, I loved his magic and that he got to keep it I wonderded If the next stories will be about andrew as well? and..Have you come any closer to finishing or writing more since the last posts a year ago

#16 2009-07-10 16:37:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

No, and no.

No, Artifacts II - IV will NOT be about Andrew.  The story is called "Artifacts" not "Andrew's Life".

No, I'm not even working on the sequels at the moment.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#17 2009-07-11 05:45:40

Nadez
Wasted
Website

Will Andrew be included in any of the future installments? like as somone who trains one of the future people..Andrew seemed so much stronger then all of them does that mean that He is going to be the strongest or will another charcter be stronger? lol just asking a few questions that w e re nagging me sorry if it bothers you I know how hard it is too write it takes me an eterinity to get things out sometimes

#18 2009-07-11 22:26:35

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

No, Andrew will not feature in the remainder of the Artifacts series.  I could say other things, but that would give away the plot of the future stories.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#19 2009-11-06 20:57:54

Bd.Carlo
Inebriated

cool story, very nice, my only complaint is that it could have been longer, but I will take what I can get.  and be mostly happy with that. 3dtongue

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."  Elbert Hubbard
"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking." Jerry Seinfeld

#20 2009-12-13 06:34:02

daddydave
Tipsy

i loved this story.what is the chance that we here more of Andrew?
but if not keep it up !!all your story's so far i have t
oughly enjoyed and as soon as i can sort out how to donate i will
3dsmile

(posted from Epilogue)

#21 2009-12-13 22:36:35

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

To donate, you go to the main page, and click the Donate button.  3dsmile

Eric

PS:  Oh, yeah: Glad you enjoyed the story.  3dbig_smile

----
Facebook page

#22 2010-07-13 17:07:27

advancewar
Wasted

only 58 years more to wait for more 3dbig_smile  i loved this but i personaly would have probably tried to "reform" my sister in that circumstance.   but then again i never lived it so  /shrug    hope to see more of your writing soon

life=books

#23 2010-07-13 20:08:16

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Revenge often overrides other considerations... and his sister has treated him so poorly that he wouldn't have wanted to keep her around.  He was at a point where he could get any girl he wanted... one that didn't carry painful baggage with her... so why keep the pain in the ass one?  He got even with her, so that can't be a good reason.  Were he to "reform" her into a decent person and keep her as a sex slave... that would almost be a reward for her behavior.  She would be in a nice house, eating well, sleeping on a comfortable bed, etc...  Where's the actual punishment?

Okay, he could have had her remember, deep inside her mind, that she loathed him... but you can only play on that so much in a story.  The whole destroying her rep and kicking her out thing gave a nice flow to that part of the story.  3dsmile

Glad you enjoyed the story.  Thanks for the feedback.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#24 2010-09-17 02:08:23

thehilz
Completely Blotto

great story. didn't want to stop once i started again. thank god it wasn't as long as CAMP so im not missing any sleep. 3dbig_smile  keep up the great writings. look forward to reading another one of ur stoires shortly.

Last edited by thehilz (2010-09-17 02:32:41)

#25 2010-09-17 02:13:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed the story.  Maybe someday I'll write Artifacts II.

Thanks for the feedback!
Eric

----
Facebook page

Board footer