The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-27 04:51:18

SlaveMaster
Wasted

The Canadian Goverment

The current Canadian government is failing again and it's not due to a lack of effort by the current conservative party, it is the current struggle of each party fighting to gain power in parliament.  Right now as it stands the conservatives  are the controlling party of  the government but only by a minority vote , this was caused by heavy voting towards the bloc quebecois (tories) in qubec when the liberals had a tori supremacist(dion) as there leader, and by large masses of people doing crazy shit like voting NDP (New democratic party).  Now the struggle for power is back on at full tilt with some donkey of a leader that's "just visiting" heading the liberals.   

If anyone here follows Canadian politics feel free to drop me a line in this thread and tell me your views of the current government.

Welcome to The Mystic Wolf Pub

#2 2009-10-27 05:07:14

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Re: The Canadian Goverment

I blame Preston Manning and the Reform party for splitting the right wing vote and giving the liberals a chance to get into power.  Unfortunately a lot of voters seem to just vote for that guy that is already MP and not actually looking into the party platforms and voting that way.  Then of course we have the truly pathetic voter turn outs we have had the last few times we went to the polls.  Put them together and we are left with the current mess we are in with back to back minority governments and going back to the polls every couple years.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#3 2009-11-14 00:58:16

SlaveMaster
Wasted

Re: The Canadian Goverment

Well that and the majority of people that do vote make an uneducated vote, and dare to bitch about the way things are happening or alternatively not happening.   When I went to the polls during the last election one of my family members came with me to vote based on what they read on a pamphlet showing what each party was about. Just by looking at the pamphlet I could tell it was made by the NDP. however what ticked me off was that when we voted they told me that they voted NDP just so my own vote did not count.

Welcome to The Mystic Wolf Pub

Board footer