The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-29 01:51:42

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

From Hate's Twisted Vine, Love Blooms

This story was written solely for a friend who has graciously allowed me to post it. A young man's sister cons a young lady into spying on her brother, in order to find something to blackmail him with. What that kicks off is definitely not what the sister intended.

Please read and comment.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2007-11-25 14:38:46

amart
Tipsy

Re: From Hate's Twisted Vine, Love Blooms

splenic abcesses are VERY rare entities, specially in the absence of major genetic defects or immunocompromise. what is much more common is OPSI-- overwhelming post splenectomy infection. earlier the importance of splenic function was not fully appreciated and splenectomy used to be done for rather trivial indications. OPSI can occur in previously healthy persons post-splenectomy (10% --15% lifetime incidence) . however, from what I have read it would be EXTREMELY unlikely that the patient would survive for 2 full days without medical attention.

#3 2007-11-25 21:24:22

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

1) It's a story.
2) The events in this story were modified slightly from a true story, but the victim did, in fact, survive for well over two days with her infection.  I never said it was a splenic abscess: you did.  I said it was an infection that involved the spleen.  There's more than one kind of infection.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2010-05-29 12:10:35

Megabyte1949
Inebriated

I really enjoyed this story.  I noticed someone else had 'thoughtfully' attempted to 'correct' you on Brighid's condition, but I was just happy she survived.  That is how things happen in a good love story, the hero wins the heroine's love and they (hopefully) live happily ever after, while the villain loses (also hopefully) everything.  Although, to be honest I thought Eric was going to end up with the building.

Well, enough for now, I must get to bed and get a little sleep.  BTW, I still think you are a terrific writer.  Your stories actually have living, breathing plots that sometimes have really delightful twists at the end (Cruel Timing comes to mind.  Ouch!).

Have a terrific weekend.

BTW, I’m glad your friend survived what appears to have been an horrific ordeal.  Whew!

Ernie

( Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity! )

#5 2010-05-29 20:22:16

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed the story, Megabyte.  Sadly, however, the story does not follow reality.  In reality, the young lady did not survive.  (She DID survive for more than two days, but ultimately, the infection took her life.)

The story was written for the "brother", and I figured he'd want a happier ending than the real one.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#6 2012-05-10 06:35:07

Kitsune
Inebriated

Very nice story loved the ending its always nice when stories have a happy ending

#7 2015-11-22 01:21:37

Rescue25
Wasted

Very nice.  Unexpected ending.  To say I liked it would be a understatement.

(posted from Chapter 1)

#8 2015-11-22 03:43:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed it.  I always like it when I get feedback on these "less loved" stories.

Thanks,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#9 2018-12-19 04:29:38

AmorousFucker
Tipsy

Outstanding! You drew out a heartwarming romance, complete with a couple of obstacles to overcome, and finished it off with a satisfying ending, casting the sister out in the cold where she belongs. Bravo!

(posted from Chapter 1)

#10 2018-12-19 07:51:26

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you liked it.  As you can see, it doesn't get commented on much, so I always appreciate when someone takes the time to tell me what they thought of it.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer