Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-15 02:57:19

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

My Girls III: Truth, Power and Hope

My Girls III: Truth, Power and Hope

The continuing story of Patrick, Megan, Victoria, and the girls. Will Megan ever marry Patrick and be happy? Is Bandor really dead? Will they find out who and what they really are? Will they find their home planets? Is anyone left there? Join the quest for answers to these questions and more, as the twins find out more about themselves and their family members. Oh, and how many of them are there?

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2009-02-12 09:16:16

DarkStage
Inebriated

Re: My Girls III: Truth, Power and Hope

Damn!  the anticipation keeps growing and growing..   As I said before, an Amazing Story!!!  are you shooting from the hip here, or have you layed this story out?

(posted from Chapter 18)

#3 2009-02-17 20:37:18

cyclone1969
Tipsy

I have no patience More More 3dsmile

looking forward to more and I realy want to know who Julie is (I have few Ideas but nothing concrete and Im probably way wrong)

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about is pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."- James Nicoll (b. 1961),

#4 2009-02-18 07:02:29

DarkStage
Inebriated

Give Julie A box full of kudos from me Unknown!  She is an amazing author!! 3dwink  This is really getting MORE exciting!!  I feel like a little kid with a pocket full of change waiting for the candy store to open!! 

Thanks again!

(posted from Chapter 26)

Last edited by DarkStage (2009-02-18 07:03:55)

#5 2009-02-19 05:49:38

DarkStage
Inebriated

Whats with all the "special characters"?  I had to download load and filter it to read it.

Now, the story... (how can I say this and keep out spoilers...)  well, lets just say I don't think Amy should have to go thru with it.  I believe the "current situation" should remain the same.  the way it's meant to be.

I see the ole adage "A successful author pulls the reader into the story emotionally...." applies here with me.  I for one feel Amy's pain.

again.. Great chapter.. sad, but a great write!!

oh, and one more thing!!!  Damn you!! 3dsmile  These Cliff-Hangers are KILLING ME!!!

DarkStage

(posted from Chapter 27)

Last edited by DarkStage (2009-02-19 05:51:58)

#6 2009-02-20 03:42:03

unknown1000u2
Inebriated

Thanks, Darkstage.  Not sure about the strange characters.  There are a couple of chapters that have posted that way.  I thinks it's Melinda messing around with the posting!

#7 2009-02-21 08:44:19

DarkStage
Inebriated

Melinda! ahh yes!  That's it!  Mischievous little girl computer ain't she!  LOL

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#8 2009-02-23 07:43:52

DarkStage
Inebriated

Glad to see Mel's twin pop up... Was wonderin' 'bout her LOL!

Now, lets see how lisa's gonna meet her.....

(posted from Chapter 30)

#9 2009-02-24 02:46:40

unknown1000u2
Inebriated

Lisa is gonna be a little mad.  Imagine if you thought your daughter was dead for about 700 years.

#10 2009-03-04 02:49:06

unknown1000u2
Inebriated

Ok, readers, I have good news and bad news.  The good new is that the My Girl series is now up to date on the Pub.  The bad news is that the My Girl series is now up to date on the Pub.  That means no more chapter a day postings.  Now you have to wait for me to write each chapter just as everyone else has to.  Hope you enjoy what's there.

#11 2009-03-05 02:44:02

DarkStage
Inebriated

WHAAAAAHHH!!!   LOL

Ya,  knew that was coming 3dsmile   I am patient.  Especially for a good story like this...

DarkStage

#12 2009-04-09 01:59:36

unknown1000u2
Inebriated

Chapter 38 is posted.  Finally.

#13 2009-04-29 22:33:40

ictthunder
Tipsy

Write Faster...  Just Kidding.  Great work, can't wait for the next chapter.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#14 2009-06-02 02:58:58

unknown1000u2
Inebriated

Chapter 39 is with the editor.  Hopefully it will be ready to post tomorrow or the next day.  I apologize for the length of time it took me to finish it.  It was partially because of a busy life and partially because, at this stage of the story, everything must be just right.  There isn't time left in the story to undo mistakes I might make in rushing the writing.

So... to compensate for the time, and the next two days of waiting, let me give you some ideas of what is coming and when.

Depending on how wordy I get (and yes, I know I am wordy!), there are somewhere between 2 and 5 chapters left.  Probably 3.

The entire 129 chapters so far in the MG series have been a buildup for these final 2-5 chapters.  That buildup is now finished.  I will deal with the wedding at the beginning of chapter 40.  After that, it will be all action until the end.  The preliminaries are over; the final battles begin.  They will be epic battles.

For those who have been waiting for Patrick (Katiro, Katoro) to show his true powers (that includes you, Chaos Samurai) the time has come.  In chapter 40 or 41, he will burst forth with a fury, with devastating consequences for the Qerda.  What will be the consequences for the Cornazans? 

For those of you who are waiting to see who Julie really is, sorry, you'll have to wait for the epilogue.

For those of you who have been waiting to see what really happened to Amanda, you will also have to wait till the epilogue to learn it all.  Some will be revealed in the final chapter.

For those who want to know who and what Cindi really is (Tajod and Chaos fall in this group) that will come around chapter 41 or 42.

Elizabeth's special friend, the one she loves more than anyone in the world, the one she died for to protect will be revealed in the last chapter before the epilogue.

For those who have waited for a trip to Tergo, that will happen in the next chapter.  Much will be revealed about what is going on there, including the duplicate set of characters.  There are some funny (and emotional) experiences there as well.

Many of the little time bombs I've buried in this story will explode in chapters 41-43.  A lot of them will not come to fruition until the epilogue.

The next few chapters will be some of the saddest in the three books.  They will also be some of the happiest.

Epilogues are usually smaller than chapters, just a summation.  That will not be the case here.  The epilogue will be a full length chapter, maybe two if needed.  It will tie everything together.  Make sure you are sitting down when you read it! 

SPOILER WARNING IF YOU ARE NOT UP TO DATE ON THE CHAPTERS!!!!!!!!!!

The final chapter before the epilogue is also where you get to have a part in deciding a section of the story.  As you remember, Christopher's sister Katie died and she took up residence in his head.  In the last chapter before the epilogue, the option will be there to have her resurface in her (or a) body or remain in his head.  It might even be possible for her to combine with Katie Phillips.  What would you like to happen?  None of the options will impact the story line tremendously, so I can go anyway I want.  If you care how it goes, send me an email to express your opinion on what you'd like.  Obviously, this is a section of the story I have left open in my mind, so if you have any other ideas, feel free to express them about what should happen there.

Hopefully, these last few chapters will be written faster than the last two.   Most of what happens from this point on has been banging around in my head for a year or so.  Although I am sad that MG's book 3 will end, I am excited about finally getting to write and post what will happen.

For those who have complained about the number of characters in this series, I don't plan on introducing any new ones.  However, Julie may have other plans, since she is the one that writes the chapters.  You'll have to ask her if you really want to know.  She won't answer, though.  She's the boss and she knows it!  <i>{ Got that right, bucko!  Sure took you long enough to realize that! J.}</i>

Thanks for all your patience.  That even goes for Anonymous.  I appreciate the fact that you haven't prodded me nearly as much as you could have!

#15 2009-10-03 04:34:20

phantasm409
Tipsy

Sounds like there is an ass kicking coming.  Hope things are well and more of the story soon.

Ghost

(posted from Chapter 40)

#16 2009-11-22 02:51:33

jerry30
Tipsy

are you still writing story # 3

#17 2009-11-22 02:53:20

unknown1000u2
Inebriated

Yes I am.  It's just a littlle (lot) slower right now.  I am currently working on Chapter 42 of Book 3.  I hope to post it in the next week or so.

#18 2009-11-22 02:58:24

jerry30
Tipsy

thank you verry good story cant wait for more i realy like the story 10 out 10 thanks keep up the good work

#19 2009-12-19 17:14:01

unknown1000u2
Inebriated

I have posted chapter 43.  This sets the stage for the last battles. 

I also finished compiling all the parts of the Ancient Prophecy that are revealed throughout book 3.  I will post that in the next day or two, for those that like to try and figurre out what is coming.

Finally, I am working on updating the character list, which I will also post before the next chapter.

unknown1000u2

#20 2009-12-20 03:13:57

unknown1000u2
Inebriated

There seems to be some confusion in Chapter 43 as to who is with Patrick as a captive on the Empress' ship.  Some feel I accidentally used Cindi's name instead of Amy's.

The answer lies in the last few lines of Chapter 42.  When asked by the Enpress which daughter she is, 'Amy' (really <b><i>Amma-llia</i></b>) "lies shamelessly" and says she is Cindi.  She does this because she knows the Empress would recognize the name 'Amma-llia' as belonging to the Special One.  That's why the Empress, and Patrick, refer to her as Cindi.  In the scenes from Patrick's point of view where he is a captive, the names Amy, <i><b>Amma-llia</i></b> and Cindi all refer to the same person.  That person is <i><b>Amma-llia</i></b>, who took Amy's place, and who tells the Empress she is Cindi.

I hope this clears up the confusion.

Uk1

#21 2009-12-20 03:15:00

unknown1000u2
Inebriated

I am posting a compilation of all the verses of the Ancient Prophecy.  Several readers have requested this.  It will be posted as chapter 44.

Uk1

#22 2009-12-20 06:38:32

hattahatt
Inebriated

Unknown, I tried emailing you with some questions about the story, I'm the guy who emailed you a few weeks back.  It automatically replied with a message sent failed. Is your aol account screwing up somehow?

#23 2009-12-20 07:38:10

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

hattahatt:

Did you do what we told you to do in the chat room?  The test email I just sent would suggest that the problem you experienced was transitory in nature.  You should not bother an author with a problem until you're SURE it's a problem...  And you should do your best to keep such things out of a story chat thread, as this has nothing to do with the story in question.  (Even if your email did, THIS POST does not.)

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#24 2009-12-20 09:26:08

unknown1000u2
Inebriated

Hattahatt,

Looks like I didn't get it.  I checked all the way back to 11/21, no message from you.  No one else has said anything, so it must be a freak thing like Eric said.  You can either send it again or ask your questions here in the forum and I'll answer them.  I always answer e-mails.

#25 2009-12-20 18:30:48

hattahatt
Inebriated

Alright, sorry about bringing this up then.   My two questions were this.

How many times has the extended family reincarnated anyways, before the cycles even started?

And - Every time anyone reincarnates, do they always have the same twin siblings?

Again, I'm sorry for bringing up the technical difficulties that I was having, I really didn't think it was that inappropriate but oh well, I"m sure I'll live.

Last edited by hattahatt (2009-12-20 18:31:20)

Board footer