The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-25 21:19:17

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Possible strange site behavior (2008-07-25 thru 2008-07-26)

Over the next day or so, I will be upgrading the technologies behind the website.  (Since GoDaddy has finally made them available... not that they TOLD ME or anything...)

What this means is that it is possible that some things may start acting quirky, or may not work at all.  And when I upgrade the database, there will definitely be a short (probably less than 30 minutes) timeframe where the site won't work at all.

If you see a page that looks like its behavior is now "broken", please email me and let me know.  I'll get it fixed as soon as I can.  As to the "doesn't work at all"... um... not much I can do there.  Just wait for about an hour.  If it STILL doesn't fix itself... well, you can email me, but I'll probably already know that.  3dsmile

PS:  During the database changeover, it is possible, however unlikely, that something might get "lost" in transition.  This is because I basically have to create a new database and then move all the data over.  So if you're active on the site at that time, it is possible that your activities won't "register" as having happened.  I apologize if this occurs, but there's not much I can do about it.  Best bet is simply not to do anything on the site tonight after midnight, ET, until around 5am ET.  At least, nothing you want the site to remember you did.  3dwink

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer