Re: Warmth of a Touch

INTERESTING, YOU PLAY CHESS, YOU HATE ABORTION

(posted from Chapter 13)

#52 2009-04-19 17:41:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Is this supposed to be startling revelation?

Yes, I play chess.  Poorly, but well enough to understand the game and enjoy it.

Yes, for the most part, I think abortion is a poor option.  I believe in a woman's freedom to choose - BEFORE she gets pregnant.  There are plenty of ways to avoid pregnancy; a woman can choose not to get pregnant, so I don't think she should get to choose to kill someone just because she didn't make the first choice.

Obviously, there are exceptions:  forcible rape, or where the mother's life is in jeopardy are just the first two that spring to mind.  There may be others.  But in short, my belief system doesn't allow a woman to rank her own convenience above that of the life of another human being.  And whether you think that fetus is "alive" at conception, or not until birth, it WILL BE a human being, unless destructive action is taken, so the point is moot:  You are preventing a human from living its life.  As I said, if a woman wants to make that choice, she should do so at the point of conception, where no other human lives hang in the balance.  Abortion is often nothing more than another way to shirk responsibility for one's actions.  I don't believe in that kind of thing.

Now, my question is... what relevance did this have to Warmth of a Touch?  Even if I agreed with abortion, there would have been no such decision made in this story... and I honestly don't remember writing a chess scene into this story, though I have mentioned it in at least one other...

Eric

PS:  I would say I'm sorry if I offended anyone.... but I'm not, so I won't.  These are my views.  Don't like them?  Too bad.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#53 2009-04-19 19:48:44

LAoW
Completely Blotto

And how do chess and abortion have anything to do with each other? I'm not seeing the connection here...

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#54 2009-04-19 20:23:16

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

That's because you've never watched me play chess.  It can often be quite an abortion.  :-S

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#55 2009-04-21 01:05:26

LAoW
Completely Blotto

I've watched you play chess quite often. It's amazing how often you spaced out on the computer and never noticed what I was watching on your computer when we lived together for three years. 3dwink You sucked. lol  Although I guess I can't say anything. I don't even know how to play yet. Hopefully someone get a round to it (/me hands Khell a round tuit) and teach me...HINT HINT. Rawfull

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#56 2009-06-17 07:48:18

RickDallas
Tipsy

Eric,

I just finished reading ”Warmth of a Touch”.  It was marvelous.  Thank you.

Rick

#57 2009-06-17 17:55:11

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric

----
Facebook page

#58 2009-07-21 02:57:24

Nadez
Wasted
Website

I Love chess two..but I also don't see what the point is, well ive been slowly reading down the list of stories you gave me of completed things and Ive finally finished warmth. It started out slowly in my opinion but quickly became one of my favorites, I loved that he didnt like the powers it was a twist I wasn't expecting but grew to think a lot like..As in..I thought more like that, it would be troublesome to have all of these things happening, regardless. As always a good story, now on to Dragonseekers!

#59 2009-11-06 21:22:13

Bd.Carlo
Inebriated

I really like all of your stories eric, and this is one of my favorites, I like the angst that Martin goes through, in his struggle with his powers, and again how, he stands up for the people he loves.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."  Elbert Hubbard
"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking." Jerry Seinfeld

#60 2010-06-14 22:01:36

SilentSadist
Wasted

hmmmm. Interesting. I wouldn't say this is one of my absolute favorites, but I did enjoy reading it all.

(posted from Chapter 15)

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk?

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

#61 2010-06-15 03:16:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Not all stories can be about big battles.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#62 2010-06-22 11:50:02

mr1980rivera
Tipsy

make one abut there kids

(posted from Chapter 15)

#63 2010-06-22 20:23:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

o.O  To what end?  Stories have to have a point, you know.  I don't write journals, like I've seen some Internet authors do.  I write novels.  Novels require a conflict.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#64 2010-11-06 10:24:01

advancewar
Wasted

um as a random idea IF you wanted to make a sequile u could have the goverment find out about the warmth that would be a point but entirly up too you just tossing out an idea

life=books

#65 2010-11-06 19:57:05

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

First, there have been far too many "Men in Black show up at your door" type stories already... and second, if they didn't already know about something that had existed for centuries... then they're not much of a threat, anyway.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#66 2011-01-01 07:02:29

reaperking11
Tipsy

great so far i am reading it right now and am on chapter 4 i will let you know when i finish and give you my opinion on the entire story

#67 2011-01-06 00:45:11

erssol
Tipsy

Is there more of this story somewhere? I actually got caught up in the characters more than the sex. Don't get me wrong, that was good too... but the characters felt alive to me. I really enjoyed this and hope there's more.

(posted from Chapter 13)

#68 2011-01-06 02:09:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

No, this is a single novel.  Although, if you've stopped at Chapter 13, yes, there's more of it... chapters 14, 15 and the epilogue...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#69 2011-01-06 02:22:15

erssol
Tipsy

I really loved this story, and am hoping there are sequels either running around or in the works. Fantastic job on everything.

(posted from Chapter 15)

#70 2011-01-06 02:24:01

erssol
Tipsy

Eric Storm wrote:

No, this is a single novel.  Although, if you've stopped at Chapter 13, yes, there's more of it... chapters 14, 15 and the epilogue...

Eric Storm

Heh, yeah I missed that at the time. Tried reading it through at one sitting and fell asleep. <_<

Still though, I like this little universe a lot. Thanks for writing it, and I hope you visit it again.

#71 2011-01-06 04:47:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you enjoyed it.  Don't know where I would go with it from here, so...

But thanks for the feedback.
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#72 2011-05-17 00:35:26

Comora
Inebriated

I'm pretty sure that this has become my favorite story. Whenever I need a story that has a nice balance of sex and romance with a protagonist that has a good set of morals, this is where I turn.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#73 2011-05-17 01:11:01

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Glad you like it.  I consider it the best of my earlier works... and still better than some of my current work, even.

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#74 2011-05-17 07:33:40

lordalpha
Wasted

I have to agree Eric, this had me shaking for the next update every chapter LOL.

#75 2011-06-28 02:48:25

aces8998
Inebriated

another great story eric and great choice in car too btw lol

(posted from Chapter 7)

Board footer