The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#76 2009-04-20 21:18:47

tploy
Tipsy

Re: EWPUB is down due to domain expiration.

Speaking of lost authors from EWPub.org, does anyone have either of the Guyver Authors contact Info, I've done a story search for his titles and come up empty, however, I did find another sight that specifically specializes in Guyver Stories, just none authored by someone using the nomdeplume Guyver.  As far as the former website known as EWPub.org OH! WELL!! se la vie! I do miss the old authors there but I've found another change I could suggest. Add Author, & Title at top of each chapter for archiving. When just using numbers, for zip and chapter designations, all you end up with is a lot of confusingly designated content in your zip archives. Although I really did like the fact you could specify which chapters you wanted added to the zip archives rather than having to have a seperate zip for each individual chapter!!!  So far, a few of the authors I've found relocated to here at the Mystic Wolf Pub, New Talos Archives, New Federation, Storiesonline, PruTales, & @ Eutharian. If anyone knows some more translocation homes let us readers know!!

Last edited by tploy (2009-04-20 21:20:35)

#77 2009-04-21 01:26:57

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

What are you talking about?

The zip file's named after the title of the story.  The story is stored in a directory named after the author, and a subdirectory named after the story.  Granted, the chapters are numbered.  How am I supposed to name them, given that 99% of authors do not name their chapters?

The stories were intended to be stored in a directory structure something like C:\ThePub\AuthorName\StoryName\Storyfiles.whatever .

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#78 2009-04-22 05:40:04

nightsecho
Wasted

guyvers stories are on
http://www.beyondthefarhorizon.com/phpB … .php?a=409

i dont know about guyver zero though sorry

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#79 2009-05-22 16:09:46

Loki
Tipsy

man I wish someone had grabbed a backup of some of the stories. There are a few Id love to read again that I cant find anywhere. (for some reason my apostrophe has stopped working so pardon the lack of them in the previous sentences)

#80 2009-05-23 03:12:33

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Its a bit hit and miss but try http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.ewpub.org

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#81 2009-05-23 23:46:51

nightsecho
Wasted

i've got almost all the stories from ewp saved on my computer with wordpad

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#82 2009-05-25 19:40:18

Loki
Tipsy

I love Joe J's Twice Lucky series but SOL only has up to chapter 17 of the third book and I could have sworn that there was more. According to the web archive though ewpub only had 5 chapters of the third book. And I can't find another home for him anywhere.

#83 2009-05-26 00:28:32

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, you know, here's the thing:  If they don't even have an internet presence anymore, chances are, they're not writing anymore, so the story is probably forever unfinished.  If they were still actively writing, you would be able to find them someplace.

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#84 2009-05-26 00:54:03

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Loki wrote:

I love Joe J's Twice Lucky series but SOL only has up to chapter 17 of the third book and I could have sworn that there was more. According to the web archive though ewpub only had 5 chapters of the third book. And I can't find another home for him anywhere.

Greetings

Joe J seems to be mostly about HonkyTonk Hero lately but check out the May 20 BLOG entry on Joe J's author page on SOL http://storiesonline.net/auth/Joe_J

He discusses his creative dry spell and stories in progress

WarLord

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?" - George Orwell, Politics and the English Language, 1946

#85 2009-06-12 05:06:22

Dark Dracu
Tipsy

Or have authors like me who, have  been working on other ventures, that arent releated to there writting career. I have a few revisions in the work for all my stories. And as soon as i decide on a place to call my home again I will be re-releasing my stories. but it seems to me the EWPub is nuked, i tried checking it today and its at the re-register stage again.

#86 2010-06-25 06:28:35

Alexander Korobeiniki
Tipsy

I really miss that old place. It was pretty much the best place on the net for fun stories. Looking at those archives is kinda like looking at the ruins of an old civilization for me...

#87 2010-08-28 00:31:26

Caliburn
Tipsy

Hello!

I need your help and hopefully you can provide it. I've been reading a story called "My Girls" over at SSP and it ended at chapter 22. However they said there are more chapters at EWPub but that website no longer exists. I have no idea who the author is. I really want to finish reading this entire story but can't find it anywhere! Can someone PLEASE help me?

-Caliburn

#88 2010-08-28 03:18:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

http://www.wolfpub.org/contributors/lis … p?cid=1954

The author's name is Unknown1000u2.  His stories are hosted... here.

Enjoy!
Eric Storm

PS:  A quick search of the site with the Search utility would have turned this story up in a jiffy...

----
Facebook page

#89 2010-08-29 23:09:34

hattahatt
Inebriated

Caliburn wrote:

Hello!

I need your help and hopefully you can provide it. I've been reading a story called "My Girls" over at SSP and it ended at chapter 22. However they said there are more chapters at EWPub but that website no longer exists. I have no idea who the author is. I really want to finish reading this entire story but can't find it anywhere! Can someone PLEASE help me?

-Caliburn

I came here for the same reason. Believe me, the story gets better in the second book, if you can believe it.

#90 2010-08-30 03:53:06

justsomeguy
Inebriated

Caliburn wrote:

Hello!

-Caliburn

Congratulations on finding the "My Girls" series here, I also found this site while searching for that story. It is an excellent read that I thoroughly enjoyed and still eagerly await the ending. But don't short change yourself, there are many other authors and stories worth your time. I am quite new to this site, however I have not been disappointed in the quality of writing some of the contributors have shared with us.

On that subject, I would like to thank all of the contributors to this site for sharing their talents with the rest of us here. I would especially like to thank Eric, not only for his stories, but also for this venue where we can read these stories (rest assured when I am in a position to, I will thank you in a more tangeable fashion).

Justsomeguy

Board footer