The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#51 2008-12-24 04:58:31

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Re: EWPUB is down due to domain expiration.

s of a week before this when i checked it still looked the same as when we left

on an unrelated tack who wrote Nepilhiem and the side story about his GF/bodyguard i was getting into that and whould like to track it down

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#52 2008-12-24 05:22:07

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

No, version 4.0 was never released.  The day it closed, EWP was still using substantially the very same site I originally designed.

Eric

PS:  Check Corvis' work.  I think that's who you're looking for.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#53 2008-12-25 00:40:20

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

No, I think Nephilim was either animus or Staine or both of them together, I forget which.

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#54 2008-12-25 01:24:54

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay. 

A quick search on ASSTR shows it wasn't animus.  I cannot find a "home" for Staine.

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#55 2008-12-25 02:49:35

nightsecho
Wasted

The Nephelim
By Staine and animus

i have a copy if you want it

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#56 2008-12-31 16:37:52

RED_FOX87
Inebriated

That story was concluded as a I remember (11 chapters) but I believe they were planning book two (Both Staine & Animus were writing it), and there was a side story I believe that ties in to it but uses a different main character, it is called Dashaelle, and there were currently 12 chapters, which I also have and would gladly supply to you.

Last edited by RED_FOX87 (2008-12-31 16:38:15)

Sex is good, Sex is fine, Doggystyle Or 69, For having fun Or getting paid, Everyone likes Getting laid.

#57 2008-12-31 16:50:03

RED_FOX87
Inebriated

found a site for Animus that might have some of his other work in case you are interested. Can't check it out now as the site is blocked here. 3dsadwww.asstr.org/~animus

Sex is good, Sex is fine, Doggystyle Or 69, For having fun Or getting paid, Everyone likes Getting laid.

#58 2009-01-01 03:40:30

nightsecho
Wasted

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#59 2009-01-02 01:25:01

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

was looking for the sequel

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#60 2009-01-02 03:10:26

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, geez, look at the page, would ya?

http://www.asstr.org/~animus/fls/turnam.html

There's all three stories in the series.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#61 2009-02-01 02:38:44

animus
Inebriated

I recognise that story.  T'was written by... me, and Staine.

Neph was the first, with Remedial English following on.  Dashaelle was about Jenni, and was a side story written entirely by Staine.  I always thought that it was a cut above our collaborations, possibly because we wrote the collaborative stuff a lot earlier, but it's also entirely possible that Staine's simply a really good author by himself.  I can probably get you a copy of Dash, up to the current chapter, if you'd like.  Remedial English was a work in progress several years ago that stalled with work commitments, then parenting commitments, at my end.  Being a grown up can be quite time consuming.

We'll finish it one of these days.  Probably around the time I polish off Ricky and the Magic Rod.  In the meantime, I'll post what I have here, in the vain hope that my dated tales will be accepted.

Also, that ASSTR site is really, really outdated.  I'm surprised they still have it.

#62 2009-02-01 04:07:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

What he meant to say was, if you want to see his stories, it would be a REALLY GOOD IDEA to recommend him via the "Recommend a New Contributor" links all over the main site.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#63 2009-02-10 23:25:35

monbade
Inebriated

I've talked with Julian on mirc, and he joined my site. I found out that ewp is down because Julian lost his job and no finaces to renew it.

Mon

#64 2009-02-11 00:40:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

And you believe that?

I wouldn't believe Julian if he told me 1 + 1 = 2, without checking a calculator first.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#65 2009-02-11 00:53:16

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

While I can't know if his reasons are true or not, the bigger issue is that he just let the site die with no warning to those that were still supporting the site.  I would think it would be the polite thing to post a message to the effect of "Due to financial concerns the site will be going offline as of <insert date>."

I bet if he would have done this someone would have Pay Paled him enough to cover the domain and hosting cost.

Just my 2 cents.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#66 2009-02-11 01:54:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Ah, but you've hit on the nub of the matter, Storymaster.  "It would have been the polite thing".  Julian wouldn't know the polite thing if it came up and politely bit him on the ass.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#67 2009-02-11 13:19:38

monbade
Inebriated

true eric, i am just letting you all know what he told me. If its true or not, i cannot say. I do agree he should have told everyone.

mon

#68 2009-02-11 17:20:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

And I didn't know you had a site, monbade...  you don't have a signature to tell people about it... how come?

What's the URL?  What's the site about?  C'mon, details!!!  Advertise!!!!  3dsmile

Eric

----
Facebook page

#69 2009-02-18 09:55:22

DarkStage
Inebriated

one of my biggest peeves is the stupid search squatters that gobble up the expired domains and sit some stupid search results page on it..(like ewpub.org)  I know they have a purpose, but there are a lot of domains in that predicament now. it just makes me madder than a hornet in a hot car with rolled up windows!

DarkStage

#70 2009-02-18 16:57:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

DarkStage, that page is put there by the domain registrar.  No one CAN own ewpub.org yet.  It is in what is called the "recovery" phase.  Technically, Julian could still recover the domain... for an arm and a leg.  While that process is going on, the domain registrar puts up an ad page so they can make money off it.  Sleazy, yes, but not as bad as you think.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#71 2009-02-19 01:00:21

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

DarkStage wrote:

one of my biggest peeves is the stupid search squatters that gobble up the expired domains and sit some stupid search results page on it..(like ewpub.org)  I know they have a purpose, but there are a lot of domains in that predicament now. it just makes me madder than a hornet in a hot car with rolled up windows!

DarkStage

The ones that really bug me is when people set up a "site" for common typoes for popular sites.  Those then get stuck in your previously visited sites dropdown list.  If the typo name happens to be alphabetically lower than the proper name it is then really easy to accidentally re-select the wrong page if you don't carefully read the autofill link.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#72 2009-02-19 06:37:53

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just a tip, SM:  In FF (and probably in IE) you can delete items from your drop-down history by highlighting them and pressing the Delete key.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#73 2009-02-19 16:36:46

RED_FOX87
Inebriated

Hey animus, can you give us a link to your and staine's? I've lost so many storiesd since ewp went down and would like to at least continue some.

#74 2009-02-21 06:07:43

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Greetings

The author page to ASSTR, alphabetical listing : http://www.asstr.org/authors.html

Enjoy

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?" - George Orwell, Politics and the English Language, 1946

#75 2009-02-22 02:51:12

RED_FOX87
Inebriated

thanks. what about staine?

Board footer