The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-15 21:28:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Contributor Removal

At this time, Luna and Sir Winston have been removed as Contributors from this website.  This was done because they have not been supporting this community by posting works, participating in forum conversations, or, in fact, even visiting the site.

I have moved all information relevant to these two authors into non-public areas: I have deleted nothing.  Should either of these authors return to the site in the future, all information that existed before will be reinstated.  What this means is that their forum threads are still here, just hidden.  Also, if you had any favorites or recommendations concerning them, they have been moved from the publicly-accessible area into a private storage area, just in case they're needed again.

For those who may think I acted hastily, I'd like to point out that I gave both authors six weeks to either increase their participation, or to at least email me and let me know why they weren't participating.  Neither of them bothered to take either of these actions.  To make this more clear:  neither author has contacted me since I notified them of their non-compliance.  However, I have been made aware, in one way or another, that both authors have received my messages, and understand what is going on.  I can only feel as though I'm being given the finger by both of them, since they didn't even have the courtesy to respond to me directly.

Under no circumstances (short of them actually paying me to post here, which somehow I don't think anyone would ever do... 3dsmile ) will either author be allowed back on this site for a period of six months.  After that point, they can go through the voting process like any other potential contributor.

I am sorry that it was necessary to remove these two, but their behavior has mandated this action.  I will not run a site full of inactive authors.  The barmaids will throw away anything that appears to be abandoned refuse, so if you're not going to come around to tell us it's NOT refuse, we're going to get rid of it.  This is a community, not a warehouse.

Thank you for your time.
Net Wolf

PS: I would like to point out, just so there is no confusion, that their member accounts have not been affected by this.  I have not banned them or anything of the sort.  I have only removed their Contributor access and privileges.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2007-11-19 00:03:55

TheNStorm
Inebriated

Re: Contributor Removal

I comment only  that I think it's a bit sad that this happens. I should not and will not take any sort of position in this matter because it's not within my place. I also must think now of my participation in theis community: I have been fairly inactive in reading and commenting, and have to admit that I feel some guilt. I hope that others within this community do as well.

Forever life confuses me

#3 2007-11-19 09:30:31

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Contributor Removal

While I will not attempt to assuage your guilt (on the grounds that you might participate more if you feel guilty about not participating), I will point out that it is somewhat more significant that a contributor - someone who professes to support The Pub, and makes a public statement of that support by posting their work here - decides that the site is not worth their time.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer