The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#51 2009-01-10 16:02:24

timthetinytaco
Tipsy

Re: CAMP in hardcover?

Of course I'd buy it in hardcover, the story is great. Honestly I would probably pay up to $45 for it. I hope you get the amount of people you need to have this happen!

#52 2009-01-10 16:07:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, we didn't.  The project is dead.  We got exactly ONE person to pre-order a copy of the book.  So apparently, there isn't as much *actual* interest in this project as there was theoretical interest.  Oh, well.  Nothing I can do about it.

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#53 2009-01-10 16:22:26

timthetinytaco
Tipsy

That really sucks! I was extremely excited when i read that there was a possibilty of an actualy tangible book.

#54 2009-01-10 16:46:18

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yeah, I liked the idea, too.

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#55 2009-04-17 01:17:51

HEADSNAKE
Tipsy
Website

Would absolutely buy it in hard cover. An amazing tale I have read several time from the comfort of my iPhone. Keep up the good stuff sir. And please keep me posted about purchase. Not really concerned about the cost.

Last edited by HEADSNAKE (2009-04-17 01:28:09)

Ur wearing armor, numbnuts! That's like a helmet for ur whole body.

#56 2009-04-17 03:03:45

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

This project is dead.  There wasn't enough interest to support the cost of printing.

Sorry.
Eric

----
Facebook page

#57 2009-04-30 23:30:50

HEADSNAKE
Tipsy
Website

That sux. Sorry to hear that E. It truely was a great read. Keep them coming, alright?

Ur wearing armor, numbnuts! That's like a helmet for ur whole body.

#58 2009-04-30 23:36:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Do what I can.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#59 2009-12-10 16:03:14

deunan5122
Tipsy

If you do print it I will buy it at any price. Within reason of course. It is actually my favorite story, no contest.

#60 2010-05-05 20:37:46

Joshrune
Inebriated

If you can somehow get the person who posted CAMP on xnxx.com to say that you are looking to print, I think it would attract quite a few people. Sure, they would have to read into it first, but since most people love it anyways it could really help this idea and get it back into motion.

#61 2010-05-05 21:02:10

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

If my closest fanbase - those that visit THIS site - isn't interested enough to pre-order the book, I highly doubt that those who are following me at second- and third-hand are going to be.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#62 2010-05-05 21:04:15

Joshrune
Inebriated

Still, if you somehow got the people that post your stories to link to this site, your fan base will grow quite alot. Therefore having a better chance at this book thing. I know i would buy one.

#63 2011-10-29 19:58:37

bigboy1145
Tipsy

yes i would love a copy $40.00 dollars 45 if its an autographed copy.  O and keep writeing i love the book.

Eric Storm wrote:

Hey, folks.  As most of you are aware, I'm almost always in desperate need of money.  That has not lessened since moving in with LAoW.  So, here's my question.

Anyone interested in getting a hardcover, professionally printed and bound copy of CAMP: Ron's Journey?

If you are interested to the point where you will definitely buy one if it's available, please say so in this thread.  Also, please tell me the maximum price you would pay, out of $25, $30, $35, or $40.  Keep in mind that CAMP is 700 pages long.

IF I decide to do this, the books will be produced by a major printer, so they will be real books, with dust jacket and everything.

Also, if this works out, I may be able to produce my other stories as hardcover books, as well.  (I could do paperback, but that's just not cost-effective to you guys.  I'd have to charge like $15 for a paperback book, and who's gonna pay THAT?)

Anyway, let me know what you think.  I have to have a certain minimum number of people who will buy it, or I don't break even on my investment, so...

Thanks for your time,
Net Wolf

#64 2011-10-29 21:05:35

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, you're not going to get one.  There wasn't enough interest in this for me to continue considering it.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#65 2012-01-09 05:21:03

Dolphincutie55
Tipsy

since i want to buy at least 3 copies (one for myself, and at least 2 for friends) i was hoping more like $30. I already printed the whole story out when it was on ewpub.org and my friends fell in love with it just as much as i did.

I <3 J&K&L 4 eva

#66 2012-01-15 05:31:27

sc8or8pi8on
Inebriated

I think its kind of funny that you keep saying its a dead project but people keep saying they'll buy it.

Keep up the support guys. maybe he'll change his mind.

oh and yes, I  too would pay the 40-50 dollars for a hard back or even soft cover. those are cheaper to make and thus are more likely to make it to print. just a thought

Just moving through life as best as i can.

#67 2012-01-15 06:13:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

No, softcover is NOT cheaper to make.  Not in short runs.  The cost for a mass-market paperback (to you, the reader) would end up being something like $20-$25, a completely unreasonable price for a paperback book.  The cost of hardcover would be $35-$40... which is high, but not so far outside the normal price of hardcover books as to be stomach-churning.

And the project is dead because exactly ONE person agreed to pre-order the book (that is, pay for it before it was even printed), and I needed something like 15.  That level of disinterest is not something I can overcome.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#68 2012-01-15 07:23:26

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Isn't there a way to put the book up somewhere as a digital book, an e-book?

Don't even worry about paper publishing it. Most people use E-Readers or tablets nowadays. Why not release it that way? If you took it off the Pub, put it up on amazon for digital download for a dollar or so. I'm willing to bet a lot more people would be willing to pay a dollar, or even a couple dollars, for a permanent digital copy of the story than would pay the twenty dollars for a hard copy.

Just so you know, I have done no research. I have no idea if this is possible or where to go to do it. It just seems like a hell of an idea.

#69 2012-01-15 16:34:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Let's count the things wrong with this:

1) Neither Amazon nor their affiliate, Smashwords, would accept CAMP, due to content.
2) What you're suggesting would effectively kill this website, which unfortunately gets most of its traffic from people looking for CAMP.
3) If I did not remove the file from here (and I couldn't, for reason #2), why the hell would people pay for something they can get free by simply downloading the HTML or text version?
4) It would basically be spitting in the face of every reader I've ever had to ask them to pay for something now that has been free for 14 1/2 years.

The whole point of the hardcover was because people wanted a non-electronic version of the book to set on their bookshelf.  While I admit that a great many people now carry around tablets, Kindles, and Nooks... some of the rest of us can't afford all that high-tech wizardry.  And some others still just prefer having a nice, heavy book in their hands.  (Moreover, books don't have batteries in them to die, or screens to break.)

Reason 1 tells you why I can't.  Reasons 2 & 3 tell you why I shouldn't, and Reason 4 tells you why I won't.  I have considered taking the Woodward series and putting it on Smashwords (an Amazon affiliate: Amazon won't accept hardcore erotica, period...), but I will have to do that soon if I'm going to do it, because otherwise, why would people buy book 1 when they can get it for free here?  If I do it now, they would still be buying the last few chapters early...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#70 2012-07-20 20:29:25

Muffin.Stuffer
Tipsy

I am just beginning to read some of the forum comments on here.  You stated that CAMP: Ron's Journey" would never be published as Eric Storm, Author.  FYI, you did as I downloaded a portion of it listing your name.  I also have it as "Whitestar" and "Net Wolf"   

This story is a good story but would need a quality Editor and proofing before making the library shelf. 

I also read it won't be published.  I say that's good because you seem to be a one book person.  One and done... 

All of your other work that I have come across is incomplete, unworthy of continuing and you don't seem to want to find the time or wherewithal to finish a story line.

#71 2012-07-20 20:42:20

nightsecho
Wasted

everybody duck and cover

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#72 2012-07-20 21:31:26

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Excuse me?  I have finished ten novels to date, and three novellas, along with about twenty short stories.  I am currently closing in on completing an eleventh novel, and I have a twelfth in active writing.  Perhaps you should learn how to count.  Now, whether you happen to like them or not, I really don't give a damn.  Your comment is a flame, and this is the only warning you're going to get about flaming authors on this website.  But try to get your facts straight before you open your mouth and spew garbage.

Yes, I did change my mind about the authorship of CRJ.  Net Wolf is a name I am trying to have fade away, as did WhiteStar, except for those people, like you, apparently, who feel the need to hang on to the past.

Oh, and as to "quality editor and proofing" before it is saleable?  Sorry, bucko, but I have seen FAR WORSE than my writing in those respects on bookstore shelves, so, again, try getting your facts straight before opening your mouth.  Your opinion is worth about as much as you think my writing is:  Not a goddamned thing.  You've been a member of this site for nearly five years, haven't made a single comment until now, and THIS is what you choose to say when you do speak?

Do everyone a favor:  Don't speak for another five years.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#73 2012-07-20 21:42:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Oh, and nightsecho?  Do you really think people need WARNING to duck when they see a flamer poke up his rancid head on my forum?  I think most of the denizens of The Pub are well aware of the consequences of behavior such as this...

3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#74 2012-07-21 06:50:48

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

I'm going on the assumption that Muffin.stuffer is being sarcastic.

Last edited by Jefferson (2012-07-21 06:52:12)

#75 2012-07-21 19:06:25

nightsecho
Wasted

i know but its been awhile since i've seen a flame like this so for the new people fair warning is nice

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

Board footer