The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-20 08:37:28

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

A curious thing...

So I was thinking about my stories earlier, and I suddenly noticed a very strange oversight in my works.

As we all know, I have written several incest tales.  Mothers, sisters, cousins, nieces...

but...

No aunts.

WTF?

I have no stories where a guy screws his aunt.

I'm guessing that this stems from the nature of my family: for most of my growing up, I didn't even live in the same time zone as my aunts, let alone see them with any regularity.  But then, I never saw my cousins much, either...

Not sure what it really means.  I just thought it was curious, figured I'd mention it.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled boredom.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2021-10-20 16:48:01

dustbunny
Tipsy

Re: A curious thing...

Not sure it carries the same taboo. It's not a direct bloodline, maybe it's just the "don't pork family" aspect that makes it wrong.

#3 2021-10-20 20:43:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Genetically speaking, sleeping with your aunt is a virtual equivalent to sleeping with your mother (assuming they are not half-siblings or step-siblings.)

And, if it was just the social taboo of it all, then I wouldn't bother with cousins, given that even first cousins are legal in a a LOT of states.  (It's not just Alabama and West Virginia, folks...)

As I consider the issue further, it isn't about the incest at all.  Why do I say that?  Because I rarely mention my "parents" having siblings... and never do they actually appear in the story when they are mentioned.  Not even male siblings.  (Uncle Josh, in Warmth of a Touch being the exception that proves the rule, or something like that...)  It's like I've created a bunch of only-child parents for my stories, which just seems... silly.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2021-10-21 02:21:52

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

You could always add Olissa's aunt to David's harem.

#5 2021-10-21 05:36:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

That would not be his aunt.  It wouldn't be incest of any sort. 

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#6 2021-10-26 18:57:05

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I think he was going for Olissa and David, however it was proven rather abruptly that Olissa does not like the touch of a women. So this wouldn’t work. However, I don’t recall you specifically saying that his parent were an only child. Would be an interesting short story I’m sure.

Eric Storm wrote:

That would not be his aunt.  It wouldn't be incest of any sort. 

Eric Storm

#7 2021-10-26 22:52:49

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Elessar wrote:

I think he was going for Olissa and David,

Um... huh?

However, I don’t recall you specifically saying that his parent were an only child. Would be an interesting short story I’m sure.

His parent were?  Nice English there.  3dtongue

More substantively, no, I've never said that either Scott or Debra were only children (only childs?), but since David did not invite any possibly existing aunts or uncles to the wedding, it is likely that, if they exist, they're not close enough for a relationship to happen.  I mean, yes, there is the prohibition on the distribution of the knowledge of magic, but I'm pretty sure family members are exempt from that prohibition.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#8 2021-10-26 23:34:43

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I meant to say “Olissa not David†.

While I immediately understand for the immediate time frame, could always create an ‘accidental’ meeting between a niece and aunt in a few years. Explained via falling out because of their religious behavior, blah blah. And a relationship could emerge from that.

Board footer