The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-05 06:41:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

A non-canon bit of Dugerraverse fluff.

David strolled down the street, enjoying the day.  It was the first time he'd been to Earth in three years, and it was interesting to see the little changes that had occurred.

As he turned a corner, however, he saw police officers all over the place.  A SWAT van was in evidence, and the street was blocked off.  Curious, David decided to check out what was going on.  As he walked, he morphed his clothing into his Rimohr uniform, so that he wouldn't be summarily ignored by the officers on scene.

Stepping up next to one of the uniformed officers who was taking shelter behind her vehicle, her gun aimed toward what David realized was a bank, he asked, "What's going on?"

The officer looked at him.  He turned far enough for her to see his badge on his coat.  She replied, "Hostage situation.  Bank robbery gone bad."

"How many hostages?" David asked.

"Unknown.  We don't have any eyes on the interior."

"Who's in charge?"

"Lieutenant Malone.  He's over with the SWAT guys."

"Thank you, Officer."

David made his way over to the area where the SWAT team was gathered.

"Lieutenant?" David asked.

A man in plain clothes looked up and immediately recognized David's uniform.  "Shit, are we dealing with a fuckin' wizard in there?"

"Not that I know of," David said.  "I just happened to be in the neighborhood.  What's the situation?"

"Actually, we don't really know what the situation is.  Someone pressed the silent alarm at the bank.  The robber or robbers were still in the bank when the first officers arrived, and that resulted in them taking the bank hostage.  They covered over the few windows there are, and they've destroyed the security cameras inside."

"How do you know that?"

"There was network access to the cameras, but they're not giving us any pictures."

David nodded.  "Have you talked to them?"

"They're not talking yet.  I've called the bank three times, and they won't even answer the phone."

"So what's your plan?"

"We haven't figured that out yet."

David nodded.  After a long pause and a look back at the bank, he asked, "You want me to give it a shot?"

The SWAT leader snorted.  "What do you think one guy is going to do?"

David just looked at him.  "Sergeant, if I was the type to break the law, I could take out every officer gathered here now, and you would have no chance of hurting me.  Trust me, no matter how many people they've got in there, I'm far safer walking in there than you are.

"But, as there is only one of me, I'm also a lot less threatening-looking.  Maybe I can at least get him talking."

The lieutenant thought it over for a solid thirty seconds.  "Okay.  But the safety of the hostages is our primary concern."

"Right.  What condition do you want your perpetrators in?"

"Condition?"

"Unharmed, maimed, or dead?" David said more directly.  "If you want them dead, the situation will be very brief."

"I'd prefer not dead.  Unharmed if you can manage it," the lieutenant told him.

"Spoil sport," David said with a smirk.

"You want a vest?" the SWAT leader asked.

"What the hell would I need that for?" David replied.

The SWAT man just shook his head as David headed for the bank's front door.  It was locked, but David pulled his wand, and that problem was solved in a matter of seconds.  He put away his wand before opening the door and entering the bank.

The opening of the door drew immediate attention.  Two shots rang out, but neither of them hit David, or even came close.

"Don't come any closer, or you're dead!" the criminal screamed.

David stood and looked around.  The one gunman was in the middle of the room.  David saw no other criminals.  The hostages were on the floor against the teller desk.

"Drop your gun!" the criminal screeched.

"I don't have a gun," David replied.

"Bullshit!  Every cop carries a gun!"

"True, but I'm not a cop," David pointed out.

The man shouted, "Drop your motherfucking gun!"  He moved over and grabbed one of the hostages.  She looked well-dressed, and was probably one of the bank employees.  "Drop your gun or she fuckin' dies!"

David sighed.  This guy was either psycho, or he was on some kind of drug.  Either way, what he shouldn't have, was a loaded weapon.  David closed his eyes and concentrated.

"You got five seconds to show me your goddamned gun, or I'm blowing her fuckin' head off!"

"Just show him your gun!" the woman screamed.

David opened his eyes and stared at the man.  "I repeat, I do not have a gun."

"I'm gonna fuckin' shoot!" the guy said, pointing the gun at her head.  His hand was shaking badly enough that, even at point blank range, the guy could conceivably fail to kill her if he shot her.

"Go ahead," David said calmly.  "I don't know her.  I have no obligations to her.  You want to shoot her, shoot her."

"What?" the guy asked, his voice shaky and uncomprehending.

"I said, if you're going to shoot her, shoot her, so we can get on with this.  I cannot comply with your order, because I do not have a gun."

"This is your fault, asshole!" the man screamed, and pulled the trigger on his gun.  The woman screamed, but nothing else happened.

The man looked at the gun, and then tried to fire at the woman again.  Still, nothing happened.

David held up his hand.  He was holding a bullet between his thumb and middle finger.  "I think you might find it difficult to kill her without some of these."

The guy looked at him.  He shoved the girl aside so that he could look at his gun.  He pulled the slide back, to find an empty chamber.  He released the magazine, and found it bereft of bullets, as well.

"What the fuck... I only fired four shots!"

David ignored him for the moment.  "Ladies and gentlemen, if you'd all get up and exit the building in an orderly fashion..."

As the people rose, the robber screamed, "You fuckers sit back down or else!"

"Or else what?" David immediately countered.  "You are now unarmed.  If you don't wish that to be a literal term, I'd suggest you shut up and let these people get on with their day.  Folks, if you will..."

The hostages bolted for the door behind David.  The robber stared in mute rage, his hands shaking.  He held the empty gun in one hand, and the empty magazine in the other.  He stared at David.  "How...?"

"You don't need to know that," David said.  "Now, please kneel, and place your hands on your head."

"Fuck you!" the man screamed, and threw the gun at David.  It missed by over ten feet.

David's look remained impassive.  "Let me rephrase.  If you do not get on your knees, I will break both of your knees.  I am not a cop, I won't get in any trouble for beating you to a blithering bloody pulp.  I don't give a rat's ass about you, or in fact your crime.  I'm simply trying to wrap this up so that all those cops outside can get on with their day.  To that end, if killing you is the only way to end this, I will happily rip out your throat.  Now, you want to get on your knees now?"

The man stared at David in mute rage.  Suddenly, he ran headlong at David.  David had time to sigh at the utter stupidity of criminals.

The man was screaming at the top of his lungs as he tried to swing at David.  David dodged the man's swing and then slipped his hand under the man's chin, grabbing him by the throat.  David turned and threw the man against the wall.  The man slid down the wall, but was still conscious, and working to get back upright.

David lifted the man back to his feet.

"You going to behave now?"

The man swung on him once more.

"I guess not."

David slammed his fist into the man's chest so hard that it broke two ribs.  He then punched the man in the jaw, dislocating it.  A snap kick sent the man flying into the front door, shattering the glass.  The man didn't go through the door, thanks to the push bar, but he slid to the ground, and fell through the door opening.

David walked over, opening the other side of the door, and stepped outside.  He reached down and grabbed the man by his shirt, and dragged him fully out of the building.

"You really should have knelt," David told the nearly unconscious man.

The lieutenant was waiting close by.  "I'm pretty sure I asked for unharmed..."

"You said unharmed if I could manage it.  He insisted on being harmed."

"Uh-huh.  How the hell am I supposed to write this up?  This was my case!"

"Bureacracy, Lieutenant, is your problem.  I, thankfully, don't have that concern.  Have a good one."

With that, David returned to his day.  He still had to buy a birthday present for Zyla.

----------

As the thread title implies, this is a non-canon scene.  It did not happen, this is just someone's fevered dream about what David does on the day he goes shopping.  I'm not even including this in my word count for the year.  I wrote it in an attempt to kickstart my muses.

If my muses are stubborn bitches, there may be more of these.  Let's hope not.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2021-09-05 07:28:52

Timberwolf92
Inebriated

Re: A non-canon bit of Dugerraverse fluff.

The thought screaming to be released from my head after reading this fever dream is “Wow David sure doesn’t disappoint.†  Hope your muses come back.

Last edited by Timberwolf92 (2021-09-07 05:45:41)

#3 2021-09-07 04:05:14

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I’m excited about a story, some time after the war… not 100-200 years, but like 10-15 years.

#4 2021-09-07 20:16:36

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Elessar wrote:

I’m excited about a story, some time after the war… not 100-200 years, but like 10-15 years.

And... what about this excites you, specifically?  Given that he'd almost certainly still be teaching at the Academy...

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2021-09-08 05:06:57

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Just a guess but that would be around the time that Grace is looking to have sex.

#6 2021-09-08 08:39:10

bigfoot
Wasted

Allow me to add that we fans find even the mundane act of David shopping for a birthday present to be of interest. I wish I could explain the joy I felt as I was reading new words featuring David Stroud. To a certain extent, this is why Star Wars and Star Trek is so popular. Before ST:TNG aired, I read just about every book published featuring Kirk and Spock just to get more stories. You may not understand why we feel this way, but you should accept the fact we do and be happy.

Personally, I'd love to read about his transition taking over the conjuring department, Vivian's role tackling "discipline even worse than when David was DIRT captain", the school's recovery from losing half its teachers, now having a military presence on campus, David settling in as husband and father, etc., Some random things I've wondered about as the story ended - Does Cat ever appear as ghost Cat to make sure David is actually raising her kids (not her ex-husband) and that the kids are doing okay? Does David ever give his parents a method of conacting him in case of an emergency? I ask because I feel if David's mom kicked the bucket, his father might reach out to him... Will he ever be hexed while teaching rendering him invisible and revealing demighost prejudice amongst newer students?

And as to what David could be learning, I suggest he keep a toe on Earth so he keeps up with technology. Perhaps he goes and gets a college degree from an Earth college, perhaps majoring in computers so he is able to keep up with changing times on Earth. It would be funny if he were able to find a way to link up a computer with Earth Internet capability in Lord Woodward's workroom in the castle. No offense to your Duggeran sensibilities, but how many times have I read that David is bored or that the ghosts are bored. David certainly has the fnancial means to create a home theatre with a massive BluRay collection or maybe a Neflix account or the like that streams. Can you imagine the castle ghosts getting hooked on "Days of Our Lives" or "Real Housewives? How funny would that be. If anything, David could have the biggest DVD collection on the planet and fill in some of those boring hours.

Last edited by bigfoot (2021-10-17 09:39:42)

#7 2021-09-08 09:57:01

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

A few misconceptions to clear up in your post, bigfoot:

First, there would be no reason for discipline at the school to get worse.  In fact, there is every reason for it to return to "normal", like the first three or four years of the book series.  There's nothing to drive a discipline problem anymore.

Second, there would not be a visible military presence "on campus".  The military would be inside the mountain.  There would not be soldiers standing around guarding things, keeping students from going here or there.  It's conceivable that a lot of students wouldn't even know the POC (Portal Operations Center) existed within the mountain.

If Cat had any doubts about David's ability to raise her children, she wouldn't have made him their guardian, so she would have no reason to show up to check.  As for showing up for other reasons... she wouldn't want to get in the way of David's life.  It's likely that she and Prof. Phillips are hanging out together as ghosts somewhere.

David's parents burned their bridge at the wedding.  David doesn't even consider them part of his family anymore.

While it might seem "fun" for the new students to hex David, let's remember one crucial fact:  David is still a Rimohr.  Hexing a Rimohr will get you sent to Barnard Hill.  I don't think too many students are going to want to take that risk.  Also, you said, "while teaching".  Conjuring is not taught to new students: they have to be in their third year, at least.

The only way to extend Internet capability into Dugerra would be to run a physical wire through a permanently-open travel gate.  There is no form of magic that would allow that transmission capability.  If there were, Prof. Hatch would have invented it already.  Something tells me there's an "issue" with keeping a travel gate open long-term.

Of course, David could work with Gwen to make a TV work, and he could have a library of material that could be viewed on the TV.  It's just not something David's going to go looking for.  David is rarely bored: he has too many options for things to do to be bored.  The ghosts are bored, certainly, but the ones that are hanging around Woodward are going to be from Dugerra, and probably wouldn't understand most TV shows or movies...

Interesting note:  You *could* transmit a specific TV channel, via mirror.  But it woudn't be the greatest quality.  You would have to do it by placing a magic mirror in front of a television that was playing that TV channel.  Then others could "tune in" to that mirror.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#8 2021-09-09 10:52:51

bigfoot
Wasted

Eric -

Here's an idea for you to shoot down (smile). As a departmemt head, David gets to know the professors he didn't know as a student as well as he new professors brought in to replace those fallen at the Battle of Hogwarts. In doing so, they hire a new professor to replace the recently killed Prof. Keisha Bahkeir from the Art Department. Professor "Newman" is a Master Wizard who was born on Earth and spent time in Hollywood working in TV and the movies. Prof. Newman approaches David to fund the creation of  new department that focuses on performances that can be mirrored (is that the right term?). These performances eventually become something akin to American daytime soap operas but made specifically for Callamandians, deal with Wizarding issues and will feature all-'wizard' actors, perhaps even some down on their luck Hollywood wizard-actors.

Unless there is something like Hollywood entertainment in Callamandia that I missed reading about, there is a ton of untapped potential for this world for writers, actors, directors, technicians, craft service pixies, etc.,. The potential is obvious particularly with the stories from the war fresh in everyone's mind. I would think historical documentaries would be very popular, especially David's pet project, "The Lord Woodward Story." It could also be used as a way to educate Callamandians on life on Earth as most residents don't seem to have any clue about their sister planet. If anything, David can use his money in this new venture to fund passion projects highlighting charities or people who've done good. As an aside, he could work with Gwen to develop large screen, HD-Mirror technology and help her set up production for the avalanche of orders (and granas) that'll come her way as she dramatically improves standard mirror technology.

Just a thought or three...

Last edited by bigfoot (2021-09-09 22:03:39)

#9 2021-09-09 11:43:48

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Just wondering why you classified this as non cannon? There’s no definite date given so it could occur anytime between 3 and 100ish(more if David made the life extension potion from Galen’s(spelling?) potion book for Zyla) from end of book 8 and it seems completely in character for David

Last edited by thehilz (2021-09-09 11:54:30)

#10 2021-09-10 00:09:48

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

thehilz:  I list it as non-canon actually for all the reasons you just mentioned.  If I make it canon, I have to "put it in its place": when did it happen, why was he in Earth to buy a present, etc.  It also means that if I break down and write another David Stroud story, I have to make sure that either this hasn't happened yet, or that I incorporate any potential after-effects...

Point is, I just felt like writing a scene, without having to worry about how it fit into the larger world.  It wasn't that I thought there was something that wouldn't work within the Dugerraverse.  I just don't want to have to worry about it.

bigfoot:  Actually, there's nothing wrong with this idea... well, except there's no way I'd call the new professor "Newman"...  Little things would have to be tweaked, of course.  A few things that aren't quite right:

It wouldn't be a new "department", it would be part of the Arts Department, if it was part of the school.  It would just be a new "program" within the department.  This is just semantics, of course: I'm sure this is basically what you meant.

I don't have a word for mirror broadcasts.  To "mirror" someone is to call a specific person.  I never came up with a word for "broadcast mirrors".

Now, as I think about it, what you're talking about would take two forms:  "Scheduled broadcast" (the Dugerran version of cable TV), and the Dugerran version of DVDs.  Video-on-demand is not possible, as far as I can see.  The reason is that a mirror can only show one thing at a time, and VOD would require it to be able to show every moment of the movie, all at once, to various different people.  That's just not possible.

Now, one misconception you have is the idea of "HD mirrors".  Mirrors are analog technology: there's no "standard definition" versus "high definition".  There's just "reality definition".  However, special mirrors would be required, in order to access the (obviously restricted) broadcast mirrors, and to collect the subscription fees necessary to make this kind of system work in a business sense, so Gwen would definitely have a product to produce/sell.  In fact, quite a few, since the recorders, the editing equipment, and all the playback equipment would go through HasterScan (TM).

About the only real problem I can see with this idea is actually the side-effects.  Because people must be citizens to hold jobs in Callamandia, it could conceivably increase the number of students staying through their fourth year (much easier to break into Callawood than Hollywood...).  That could cause some issues for the colleges (increased attendance means more professors needed, more dorms needed, larger cafeterias needed, etc.)  That problem would settle itself out over a short trouble period, I imagine, assuming the system didn't explode into a massive industry that threatened to consume all of Callamandia as Hollywood seems to have consumed all of America...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#11 2021-09-10 00:57:45

bigfoot
Wasted

Here's a question for you - would wizard porn be shown on HasterScan (TM)?

#12 2021-09-10 05:49:53

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You tell me.  Their premiere college teaches how to use magic for sex... and requires an actual sexual act to complete the section of the course.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#13 2021-09-10 08:35:29

bigfoot
Wasted

I would think so but it also raises questions. Clearly, Dugerra and Earth are very different places. But given the fact there is free travel from between worlds (by that I mean there doesn't appear to be a charge to get from one world to the other or back - obviously, there are charges to get to the travel gates from wherever you start) I wonder why the entertainment options you've written about are so lacking in Dugerra and worse, so foreign to Dugerrans. When David took Gwen's mother and sisters to Chicago, they had no idea what movies or movie theatres were. I know they traveled and presumably stayed in hotels so one assumes they have been around TV's in the past. They hadn't seen or had knowledge of limos and even Joe was completely clueless about airplanes, zoos, etc.,

If I were the author of this Universe, my answer would be that Dugerrans essentially look down at technos for any number of reasons. Still, there are products and services from Earth that can be enjoyed on Dugerra (let's face it, one thing we do well is mindless entertainment!). That is the basis of Gwen's Gadgets, Gizmos and Gewgaws. The more I think about this, the more I think you would be better off writing a story about Gwen and Jess attempting to convert Earth devices into desirable Dugerran products beyond what they have done so far. What is missing is creating the need. In other words, marketing (how does a typical Dugerran know he needs a magical iPod that runs on Gwen's batteries if he doesn't know it exists?). This might include businessman David getting involved and opening up new industries like the aforementioned entertainment enterprises. Gwen can develop a home based mirror that will receive programming from a company David creates that develops content like documentaries, live sports, reality mirrorvision, music videos, live news, porn, etc.,  It could/would fundamentally change part of Dugerra and has the potential to explode into a mega business. The fallout to Dugerran society could be intriguing (as you jokingly mentioned).

You spent eight books developing David as the heir apparant to Lord Woodward but he has a long 'life' ahead and part of that could be developing new business opportunities in Dugerra. Given his history of never doing anything small or half assed, I would expect him to lead a MagiTech revolution in the entertainment field. It could be fun.

While I'm pitching ideas, I had another - The King and Queen's wedding gift to David and Zyla was funding for the Royal Healing Organization to research Frederick's Syndrome. David also promised Zyla that he would do whatever he could for Gracie in regards to her condition. Perhaps while working on Frederick's Syndrome, David actually discovers why it is so difficult for people to get pregnant in Dugerra and invents a pregnancy potion to greatly increase the likelihood of getting knocked up on this world. Talk about a societal change! I wonder how that would affect the desire for larger families if it were as simple as taking a potion before copulation. What would Callamandia look like in 100 years if that became the default setting? Suddenly, a family with five children like Gwen's would be the norm and not the exception.

I'll stop now or I'll start developing it (smile).

#14 2021-09-10 19:13:04

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

bigfoot wrote:

... so one assumes they have been around TV's in the past.

I want you to imagine you're a Dugerran.  Your normal "technology" is your wand, a mirror, and candles.

You enter a hotel room, whereupon you see what looks like a black mirror.  It's kind of thick for a mirror, but the only large, flat, shiny surface you're familiar with is a mirror.

But you can't seem to make this mirror DO anything.  It won't connect to mirror broadcasts, you can't use it to contact anyone... it just sits there.

Remember, you are NOT familiar with things like power buttons and remote controls.

So... do you ever actually learn what this black mirror does?  Probably not.  You aren't going to ask, because that just opens up a huge can of worms about why you don't know already.

They hadn't seen or had knowledge of limos

Limousines are not common transport.  How often have you seen one in person?

and even Joe was completely clueless about airplanes, zoos, etc.,

You say "even Joe", like he should have some special familiarity or insight into Earth culture.  Joe had never been to Earth before joining the Rimohrs, and had never taken Earth Studies.

If I were the author of this Universe, my answer would be that Dugerrans essentially look down at technos for any number of reasons.

Good thing you're not the author of the universe, then.  3dtongue

Dugerrans are not condescending of technos, they are ignorant (in the "don't know" sense, not the "they're stupid" sense).  Most Dugerrans do not travel to Earth.  They were born in Dugerra, they were raised in Dugerra.  Maybe they took that "one trip" to Earth, like we take that "one trip" to Japan, or Australia... or Disney World...  It's not going to breed any kind of familiarity.

This is a case of you... kinda not paying attention.  Throughout eight books, I introduced far more characters who had never been to Earth, than I did characters who had visited regularly.  In fact, the only Dugerrans who had visited regularly were the Hasterscants.  Somehow, you failed to connect this concept to the fact that most Dugerrans would have no exposure to Earth culture, beyond (perhaps) their Earth Studies course.  (And Earth Studies is an elective, so most of them won't have taken that, either.)

The more I think about this, the more I think you would be better off writing a story about Gwen and Jess attempting to convert Earth devices into desirable Dugerran products beyond what they have done so far.

Um... where's the story in that?

Gwen can develop a home based mirror that will receive programming from a company David creates that develops content like documentaries, live sports, reality mirrorvision, music videos, live news, porn, etc.,

Live sports are already mirrorcast (Hey, I just invented a term for it!  3dbig_smile )

It could/would fundamentally change part of Dugerra and has the potential to explode into a mega business. The fallout to Dugerran society could be intriguing (as you jokingly mentioned).

I wasn't joking.

David actually discovers why it is so difficult for people to get pregnant in Dugerra and invents a pregnancy potion to greatly increase the likelihood of getting knocked up on this world. Talk about a societal change! I wonder how that would affect the desire for larger families if it were as simple as taking a potion before copulation. What would Callamandia look like in 100 years if that became the default setting? Suddenly, a family with five children like Gwen's would be the norm and not the exception.

David would bury the existence of such a potion as deep into his archives as he possibly could.  In fact, he'd never try to invent it in the first place, and he would bury the knowledge of what's causing the difficulty, instead.  He would understand how this would destroy Callamandia's way of life, which is something he has come to appreciate over the Earth way of life.  He wouldn't allow himself to be the instrument of its destruction. 

In fact, this would be a limiting factor in all of this.  David would resist doing anything that made major alterations to Callamandian society.  The entertainment industry, if kept reasonable, wouldn't be a major upheaval.  A few years of difficulty at the schools, and maybe some housing issues, which would take roughly the same amount of time to settle out.

It's also possible that David might ask the king to pass a law allowing for "work visas", which would allow magicians (2-year education) to enter and work in Callamandia, but only in the entertainment industry, and only on a contract-by-contract basis.  That way, the disruption could be kept to an absolute minimum.  A few individuals would have to be trained in how to actually make the recordings... Gwen or David could have a "technical school" that would teach these things.  The actors would just have to figure out how to act on their own.  (If you'll recall, the Arts Department is closed to anyone less than a 3rd-year, so they can't learn it there.)

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#15 2021-10-01 05:07:32

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I would personally be curious to see the world through Jacob’s eyes after the last of the male Dailey’s dies. I am currently rereading the books and on the last one, so I’ll see if it was mentioned. Does he take his fortune back?(David might want to give it back to help him out.) Does David become an investor in earth through a company?

Does the last of the male Dailey’s find a way to imprison David and Jacob has to free him with breaking a new curse?

Maybe how he has to raise the dragon egg for 50 years? Could come up with some problems he would encounter while raising the young dragon.

#16 2021-10-01 07:13:36

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'm really not looking for ways to write more in this universe right now.  I have three other stories I'm supposed to be working on.

I'm writing these because they're the ideas that pop into my head, and I'm hoping that writing SOMETHING at this point will kickstart my muses.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#17 2021-10-03 07:04:45

Elessar
Completely Blotto

It’s okay, I know my financial question was answered at the end of book 8 when he went to go visit Jacob anyway. Though as they mentioned, 150 years is a long time for things to change. I don’t know where you are stuck so can’t help out.

#18 2021-10-04 05:45:35

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

As I've stated previously, the problem is not in the knowing what to write.  It's in the writing itself.  My muse is on hiatus.  Until the little bitch comes back to work, writing is going to be difficult.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#19 2021-10-31 18:05:15

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Eric, if these non-canon stories continue to pop into your head - and I'll admit, I'm one of those who hopes they do - I think it might be best to start a new story on the site and start posting them there so others, who don't come to the discussion boards, may read them. Each short non-canon story would be posted as a new chapter, since they're all short anyway.

#20 2021-10-31 21:13:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You realize you just hoped for my writer's block to continue, right?

*waits for the lynch mob to assemble...*

If this seems to be a real trend, I may consider it.  Right now, I consider it a reward to those who are actively visiting, that they will be aware of these and get to read them.

Eric Storm

PS:  Weren't you supposed to be working on some stories a while back?  misch_smiley

----
Facebook page

#21 2021-11-01 04:05:14

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

I tried....

I failed.....

I'm so embarrassed. 3dsad

#22 2021-11-01 06:32:49

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Hmm.

Maybe I'll have a talk with your wife, get her to withhold sex until you actually complete a story...  misch_smiley

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#23 2021-11-01 18:34:56

thehilz
Completely Blotto

So evil

#24 2021-11-01 22:02:01

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I know he is, but I like him, anyway...

misch_smiley

3dlol

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer