The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-02 07:17:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

State of the Website, 2020/2021

So, though it's a bit late, it's time for our annual look back, and look forward, and see what we shall see.

LOOKING BACK:

Ah, 2020, how we miss thee...  kind of the same way we miss having our stomach pumped while getting a catheter shoved up our urethra without sedative and a hydrochloric-acid enema...

The Website:

In 2020, The Pub gained 357 new members.  This is, I think, the lowest increase we have ever recorded.  However, we gained five new authors!  We welcome AmorousFucker, Sensualist, Clonus, B.B.Hartwich, and Jamie and Lisa (one author) to our little community.  Why not go take a look at their stories and give them some encouragement?

The site's design has not changed in any meaningful way.  I would say if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but we all know it's broke.  I just haven't managed to convince myself to fix it yet.

My Writing:

In 2020, I wrote 266,714 words.  This exceeded my quota for the first time in several years.  In doing so, I completed The Woodward Academy, Year 8.  I finished no other stories, but I did start on two new projects: Where the Brontosaurs Roam (Where the Maiasaurs Roam, Book 2), and Misfits, which is a project without a specific type just yet.

My Personal Life:

For once, my personal life sucked only as bad as everyone else's.  I didn't go anywhere, didn't socialize, stayed locked in my house and worried about my health.  And so did all of you.

My health seemed to stay steady in 2020, which is about the best I can hope for.

My financial situation is in good shape, mainly thanks to all of the donors that graciously keep my stress level to a minimum.

My social situation is abysmal, and likely to remain so.  I have no friends locally, and I speak to my family rarely.

So, with 2020 out of the way, let's look ahead to 2021.

LOOKING AHEAD:

Radioactive Hamsters, Sharknados, and Killer Tomatoes, is my prediction...

The Website:

Hopefully, maybe, possibly, there is a chance, that I will at least make some progress toward fixing the site.  Will you see anything before next January?  I honestly do not know.  But I will try to do something.

My Writing:

There are only two possible stories I might complete this year, and those only because they each only have one chapter left.  Artifacts 2: The Coin, is on its last chapter, if I can ever work out the details, and The Tempest of the Flames series has only one more short story to go in its arc.  I'm not saying they will be finished this year, but if something does get finished, it will almost certainly be one of those.  Nothing else I have running is close enough to conclusion to realistically see an end by this time next year.

I do hope to make significant progress on Agent of Change, and Where the Brontosaurs Roam.  I would also like to try to pick CASS back up.  Other than that, if I find myself stuck on those stories, I may have to introduce a new story to the mix, just to prevent months of non-writing.  My goal for the year (as it always is) is 250,000 words.

My Personal Life:

At the end of the year, I hope to be... alive.  Honestly, I see nothing better than that in my future.  My health is slowly deteriorating with my age.  My social life is non-existent, and I don't see me making the necessary efforts to change that.  Only my finances hold out some hope, and that only if nothing "bad" happens.  So... yeah.  "Alive" is my goal, personally.

And there you have it.  The year that was, and the year that will be.  As always, I would like to take this opportunity to once again thank all of my donors.  It is thanks to you that I have the peace of mind of having an emergency fund, in case of "bad things".  It is thanks to you that I also have almost enough money to get my teeth taken care of.  It is thanks to you that I can have hopes for fixing up the house and paying it off early.  Without you, I would be living very much paycheck to paycheck, in deathly fear of any minor emergency.  For that, you have my eternal gratitude, and my plea that you will continue to think of your favorite writer... and then send me the money you'd send to that person.  3dsmile

Here is hoping that all of us have a better year this year, than we did last year... no matter how good or bad our last year was.

Regards,
Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2021-01-02 07:27:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: State of the Website, 2020/2021

Eric Storm wrote:

In 2020, The Pub gained 357 new members.  This is, I think, the lowest increase we have ever recorded.

I should have read last year's note before posting.  Last year only saw 321 new members.  So, hey, we're WAY above THAT...

3droll

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2021-01-12 06:55:57

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Here is hopes to a better year.

#4 2021-01-12 08:17:58

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I have to admit, it would have to work at it to be a worse one.  Not saying it can't do it, Universe!  Don't take that as some kind of fucking challenge!!!

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer