The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-21 23:10:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Help Wanted - Inquire Within

Over the last few months, I have lost, permanently in one case, semi-permanently in another, two of my reviewers.  Further, another reviewer has removed themselves from my upcoming project due to lack of interest.

As such, I am in need of a couple new reviewers.

QUALIFICATIONS

Applicants must:
Be able to read through and review new chapters in a timely fashion.  (That means less than 4 days' turnaround time)
Be able to "keep their mouth shut" about what they've just read.
Be able to clearly articulate their comments and criticisms.
Be willing to engage in discussion of their comments, rather than just ignoring any questions I might ask in response to their review.
Be willing to offer up their own ideas - should they have any - about a story's future.

BENEFITS

Reviewers will get to read new chapters ahead of everyone else.  Sometimes months early.
Reviewers will have the best chance of getting their ideas into a story, or getting their story ideas turned into a new story.

PLEASE NOTE:  New reviewers will NOT get to read the remainder of Woodward Academy early.  The review process for that story is finished.  They will, however, read all new material going forward.  Projects that are likely to be seen in the next 12 months:  Agent of Change, Artifacts II, Tempest of the Flames, Vol. 4, Where the Brontosaurs Roam, possibly The First Circle or Smooth Talker.

TO APPLY:

Submit a review, through email (use the link at left, if you don't know my email address), of the most recent Woodward Academy chapter you have access to.  (If you aren't current on Woodward Academy, you don't have the necessary interest to be a reviewer.)

WHAT TO INCLUDE IN A REVIEW:

1.  Tell me what you particularly liked in the chapter.
2.  Tell me what you particularly DIDN'T like in the chapter.
3.  Tell me about anything that confused you.
4.  Tell me about any questions that occurred to you while reading the chapter.
5.  Tell me any ideas you might have for the future of the story*
6.  Make any additional comments or suggestions that occur to you.

* Obviously, in the case of Woodward Academy, these ideas can't be used, but I still want to see what your ideas are.

Reviewers shouldn't worry about "proofreading".  You can comment on typos if you find them, but it's not what I'm wanting you to look for.  Your focus should be on the storytelling, more than the mechanics.

I'm looking for two reviewers right now, to replace those I've lost.  If more than two people show interest and ability, I will keep the extra names in reserve, in case the new reviewers need to be replaced.  (Being a reviewer is NOT a lifetime gig: if the quality of your reviews is not sufficient, I will replace you.) 

Also, DO NOT create an uber-review, just to get the job.  Whatever quality of review you give me now, that's what I'm going to judge all your future reviews by.  If the quality of your future reviews is a third of the quality of your application review... your job as a reviewer will be short-lived.

If you have questions about the process before you submit a review, please ask below.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2020-09-25 03:33:40

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Re: Help Wanted - Inquire Within

I don't really have the foresight to aid in something like this, It would be a great experience, but I don't think I would be of any true help. I think I am more helpful in discord.

#3 2021-09-16 02:23:16

Lacyann
Inebriated

Just wanting to know if you are still looking for a couple of people to review your stories. I am going to be starting to read Woodward Academy from the start so i know the characters and their pecking order so i am familiar with the story

Last edited by Lacyann (2021-09-16 02:28:27)

#4 2021-09-16 02:34:58

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'm always looking for reviewers, but the Woodward Academy series is completed, so while I'm happy that you're reading it, it's not really relevant to the reviewer position.  Agent of Change and Where the Brontosaurs Roam would be more important to that job.

EDIT:  Having re-read my original post, I see why you would need to read Woodward.  Go right ahead.  3dsmile

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2021-09-16 02:45:39

Lacyann
Inebriated

what one are you currently working on and i will go through for my review app

#6 2021-09-16 06:30:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I already told you that.  Sheesh, already showing you don't pay attention...

3dtongue  hehehe

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer