The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#201 2016-10-07 17:10:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: General Discussion

Hurricane Matthew was never, strictly speaking "in our neighborhood", as we live on the west side of the state, but thank you for the thoughts, anyway.  The storm passed by us around 8 or 9 am, with no ill effects.  (At least none I can see.  I was sensibly asleep at that ugly time of day...)  Don't even think we got much rain out of it.

Of course, the storm is planning to do a loop, and although they expect it to keep weakening after it leaves the coast, who knows what it will actually do?  In any case, the Bahamas and SE Florida are going to get hit twice by the same system.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#202 2016-10-08 01:28:56

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

I hope your safe out there in Florida and the hurricane isn't effecting you too badly.

#203 2016-12-03 03:30:57

JJ Richards
Inebriated

Hi Eric!  Loved WAY6...absolutely fantastic...one of your best!!! Thank you.   

I was trying to download the chapters in HTML so I could use Calibre to create a book for my iPad as I have done with the other 5 years. However, every time I try to download from Calendar to 12, all I get is "main.css" and "Woodward_Academy__Year_6__The.html". I do not get any of the chapters or the calendar. Am I forgetting a step somewhere?

Thanks,
JJ

#204 2016-12-03 04:05:23

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Which calendar?

The first item you choose must come before the second item, and the PRM calendar is the last item on the list...

I just tried to download the "regular" calendar through Chapter 12, and had no problem.  Try going from Chapter 1 to Calendar (PRM), and see what you get.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#205 2016-12-03 04:09:38

JJ Richards
Inebriated

Interesting...I tried from Calendar to camp 12, Chap 1 to PRM cal, and Chap 1 - chap 12 and get the same results I got before. Maybe I will try another browser.

#206 2016-12-03 04:12:54

JJ Richards
Inebriated

OK, so it worked fine in Firefox. It did not work on Safari...go figure.  Thanks for the help.

JJ

#207 2016-12-03 07:11:45

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Safari has always been iffy about those sorts of things.

In the new site, this will work differently.  Right now, the ZIP file is made on the fly and delivered directly to the browser.  In the new version, the ZIP file will be made on the fly, but saved to a temporary file on-site, and you'll just be given a download link.  This should eliminate these kinds of problems.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#208 2016-12-08 00:54:31

Jack Tempest
Tipsy

WAY

ok, so i have just swallowed the entire series pretty much, was an almost direct pickup after both CAMP series( yes, you will still get love for those man) and with a brief detour to enjoy dragonseekers, i dove right in and i must say, coming up on davids latest adventures is just making me hungry for a Lot more.
i am feeling a slight sense of dread that you might actually end this series completely when WAY8 is finishing, and much like the first CAMP series, and dragonseekers both, i want to stay woth the characters and see more.
anyways. to make a long story.. well, longer apparantly, i am looking greatly forward to reading more WAY when it gets up here, and in spirit with the season, yes, i do feel like a child counting the days untill christmas.

keep up the great work Eric.
Respectfully, Jack.

#209 2017-01-05 05:31:03

islandman79#
Inebriated

Woodward series

Is there more coming for Woodward series ?

#210 2017-01-05 08:06:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

----
Facebook page

#211 2017-01-18 19:28:57

Catthatcuriositykilled@gmail.com
Tipsy

clitorides award nominations

I put year 6 up for both the Fantasy and Epic length categories. I am not sure what if any impact the number of nominations has on the voting but as they track it, it must have some so yall should go and put your $.02 at https://clitoridesawards.org and be sure to vote when it is open for voting.
~Tony

#212 2017-03-10 13:40:33

Jack Tempest
Tipsy

once again a brilliant piece of work Mr Storm. and thank you for this next installment in WAY, it is all shaping up nicely. and i do believe i have a good idea of what might be going on, as well as what is happening behind the scenes of david's life and world.
i must admit, it shall be interesting to see what comes next, and i can barely wait. once again kudos sir.
you truly are an inspired talespinner.

#213 2017-03-10 16:15:54

Catthatcuriositykilled@gmail.com
Tipsy

Voting is now open

Go vote at: https://clitoridesawards.org/
Woodward Academy year 5 is up for the Fantasy category

#214 2017-05-16 22:23:54

gasser
Tipsy

Woodward Academy

Have you given up on continuing Woodward Academy?

#215 2017-05-17 05:49:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Go read my writing status thread.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#216 2017-06-30 21:45:30

Pedro
Tipsy

I have enjoyed your stories they are always well thought and well written. It is truely a pleasure to read stories your stories they compare well with some of the more main stream writers. I can say this with confidence as I have been reading for well over 50 years now. Thank you for being the author you are.

#217 2017-07-01 02:54:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'm glad you have gotten enjoyment from my work.  Thank you for your kind words.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#218 2017-08-03 00:04:59

gasser
Tipsy

Woodward Academy

I appreciated your shout out to Hogan's Heroes in the latest installment.

#219 2017-10-26 11:21:14

Todger65
Tipsy

Feeling the Warmth

Hi Eric,
I've just finished reading 'Feeling the Warmth'  and what a fantastic story. I particularly thought that showing how the 'Warmth' could be a good and a bad thing is typical of so many things in real life.

I have a few more of your stories lined up to read, and I hope they are as good as this one.

#220 2017-10-26 11:26:40

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

... Do you mean Warmth of a Touch?  I do not have a story titled Feeling the Warmth...

(This is why you can just comment directly in the story chapters... so you don't have to remember the title!)

3dsmile

In any case, thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#221 2017-10-29 22:02:31

bigfoot
Wasted

While I truly enjoy WAY and appreciate the artistry and effort to create such a universe, I agree with Todger65 in his appreciation of Warmth of a Touch. It is a masterpiece and my favorite of your many titles.

#222 2017-10-30 05:14:05

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thanks.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#223 2017-11-06 22:31:06

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Warmth of a Touch and Cruel Timing both have a lot of potential for sequels or epilogues should Eric desire to do them.  Heck, most of his stories do in my opinion.  Any time you have a protagonist that has not died or withdrawn from the world, the potential is there if a story is to be told.

For instance, in Dragonseekers (and yes, Eric, I know we discussed it briefly in the Dragonseekers thread), there could be more story about the main character as he navigates this new world of magic he finds himself in, or, as in the Artifact universe other stories can be told that can bring everything back to a large, overarching background story.  The question becomes:" Does the mind of the author have another story to tell there?".

While I, personally, do not feel creative in many other's universes (Swarm Cycle is one of the few that I could MAYBE write a story in), fan-fic is a great way to see some of that especially if you are responsible enough to make sure you work with the original author to stay within the rules that universe has.

#224 2017-12-24 22:46:06

Timberwolf92
Inebriated

I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas and a happy new year.

#225 2018-01-23 04:35:26

whitingrossd@gmail.com
Tipsy

Woodward Academy

I have been wondering if you were planning on continuing This series.  I have been checking regularly and have been somewhat disappointed that for the last several months David hasn't had any new problems or made any progress in solving the ones he does have. 

In the meantime I have been rereading your other work and found it almost as entertaining as I did the first time through.

Thanks for being such a prolific and creative author.

Board footer