The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#651 2020-11-06 03:32:33

Old West
Tipsy

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 8, The

Not sure if this will work but I will give it a try. I came across this today and thought I would share with others. Made me think of how wide of an audience Eric must have. I'm sure they made it just for him. https://www.tapestrycentral.com/collect … ts/phoenix

#652 2020-11-08 01:36:43

sfynxnl
Tipsy

Eric Storm wrote:

Without Dean Lengel's involvement in the conspiracy, the conspiracy would be meaningless.  David couldn't care less if the Minister of Education was plotting something.  He's not a friend.  But the lack of Dean Lengel's involvement pretty much invalidates the claim made by Dailey, so there's no point to looking into it further.

Fair enough

#653 2020-11-08 06:33:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

If anyone is curious about Dailey's motive (I never directly answer this in the book):  He was trying to get inside David's head to make it harder for David to fight him.  He wanted him confused and upset, doubting his entire life.  (He wasn't aware that David is very good at compartmentalizing shit like that.)

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#654 2020-11-18 08:00:05

Phoenix Angel
Inebriated

I actually figured that was the reason, but in the grand scheme of things daily did david a favor in a small way by being distrustful of the dean and most of the staff it gave david more time to concentrate on the war.

Eric Storm wrote:

If anyone is curious about Dailey's motive (I never directly answer this in the book):  He was trying to get inside David's head to make it harder for David to fight him.  He wanted him confused and upset, doubting his entire life.  (He wasn't aware that David is very good at compartmentalizing shit like that.)

Eric Storm

#655 2020-11-18 14:01:04

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I don't think I see your reasoning.  How do you imagine the school being a distraction, if David had been "on good terms" with them during the war?

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#656 2020-11-18 19:12:58

saurav_mystery1989
Inebriated

Felt like real life war and I am in the middle of it... The deaths however was a necessary evil, needed in the story but crushed the soul a bit... Both sad and happy with the ending.

#657 2020-11-18 19:44:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Sorry for your crushed soul.  Go find a pretty girl to give you a blowjob: it will reinflate your soul.  3dwink

Eric Storm

PS:  When you're done with her, send her my way, would ya?

----
Facebook page

#658 2020-11-22 05:02:44

Phoenix Angel
Inebriated

My reasoning is that david has made it clear throughout the story that woodward is his home also that he doesn't break his word he gave an oath to serve the kingdom but he made a promise to himself to protect woodward if it wasn't for the mistrust he had his thoughts would have been split in so many directions he might have lost the battle to his dark side long before. 

Eric Storm wrote:

I don't think I see your reasoning.  How do you imagine the school being a distraction, if David had been "on good terms" with them during the war?

Eric Storm

#659 2020-11-22 17:17:11

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Sorry, I'm still not seeing your rationale.  The school, up until the last chapter, was never in danger, so... why would he have been worrying about it?  I could see your point if the Vrudenans had regularly been pushing in the direction of Mt. Woodward, but all of their pushes were in the direction of Bolmont, some 20 miles to the south.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#660 2020-12-01 06:22:04

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

I like the chapter even though the losses are ongoing.
I like the apparent resolution of the Dailey Conspiracy.
I like the surprises in the ceremonies.
In short, I LIKE this chapter and am looking forward to the next.
Thank you for sharing your story-telling acumen with us.

Last edited by darthel0101 (2020-12-01 07:18:10)

#661 2020-12-01 17:21:36

Hightower
Tipsy

Damn i forgot to renew my donation and now i can't read chapter 14 3dsad
I made a donation but i guess it takes some time

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#662 2020-12-01 20:19:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yes, well... if your donation requires manual handling, you do have to wait for me to be awake3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#663 2020-12-02 02:33:34

rlcsub63
Tipsy

It will be interesting to see how you resolve all of the outstanding plot twists in the last few chapters.  So much to do and so little time.

(posted from Chapter 8: January)

#664 2020-12-03 02:32:54

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Loved the chapter. Still found my eyes watery at times during the chapter.

Going to have to do a full series reread now before the last chapter is posted.

#665 2020-12-03 04:12:18

ChiefRock
Wasted

thehilz wrote:

Eric?? was this not the last chapter? did I miscount?

My worst day at sea is better than my best day ashore
I found a home in the navy-but they land airplanes on my roof

#666 2020-12-03 04:59:58

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Did you see a big Eric Storm logo at the end of the chapter?  No?  Must not have been the end of the book, then.  3dtongue

And did you really think I'd end it the way Ch. 14 ends?

WAY8 has 15 chapters.  The last one will be posted in January.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#667 2020-12-03 05:09:11

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

thehilz wrote:

98 chapters in 28 days...  Gonna have to read 3-4 chapters a day...

Did you plan on sleeping?  3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#668 2020-12-03 08:12:31

bigfoot
Wasted

Eric - I have a question. I seem to remember reading that a recipient of the Star of Rabb was automatically granted the rank or title of Lord (I'm positive I read that somewhere as I remember thinking, in the end, David would be awarded the SoR and forevermore be known as Lord Stroud). Am I correct here and if so, where the hell did I read it? It's driving me crazy!!!  If it was written down, YOU WROTE IT and would probably remember where. Please do an old man a favor and help me out here...please???

#669 2020-12-03 09:10:49

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

bigfoot wrote:

Eric - I have a question. I seem to remember reading that a recipient of the Star of Rabb was automatically granted the rank or title of Lord (I'm positive I read that somewhere as I remember thinking, in the end, David would be awarded the SoR and forevermore be known as Lord Stroud). Am I correct here and if so, where the hell did I read it? It's driving me crazy!!!  If it was written down, YOU WROTE IT and would probably remember where. Please do an old man a favor and help me out here...please???

Sorry, you're imagining things.  The Star of Rabb is a military decoration, similar to the Congressional Medal of Honor.  Being made a Lord is a royal honor, bestowed directly by the king.  IF by some chance I did say the two were linked, I was lying.  3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#670 2020-12-03 15:07:16

bigfoot
Wasted

FOUND IT!!!!! It was driving me nuts so I spent too much time on these message boards and found a post Bridget wrote on 11-11-2018 called "Woodward Academy: Callamandian Army Commendation Medals". In it, Bridget described why each of the medals was awarded (from the Star of Rabb down to the Goldenrod Medal), had a link to see what each of the medals looked like and included some other relevant info. And I quote, "Star of Rabb - Designed by the first king and queen of Callamandia, this award is given only to those who have had, by themselves, a significant positive effect on the war effort.  This medal is rarely given to anyone who is not serving on the field of battle.  Those who receive this medal are automatically granted the rank of "Lord" within Callamandian society, a title which carries royal weight."

I'd love to say I knew I wasn't crazy but there's evidence I'd be lying.

#671 2020-12-03 17:09:05

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

But does that mean you can't be granted the title of 'Lord' without receiving the Star of Rabb?  Personally, I think you can.  The Star of Rabb may grant the title of 'Lord', but the king can probably grant others the title of Lord at his whim without awarding the Star of Rabb.  At least that would be my guess, unless Eric changes his mind and edits the documents you cited. 3dangel

Last edited by Barbarian3165 (2020-12-03 17:10:50)

#672 2020-12-03 20:34:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Don't know what you're talking about bigfoot.  That image description says nothing of the sort.

3dangel

I told you: if I had ever said that, I was lying.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#673 2020-12-03 21:18:52

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Actually, it was Bridget's fault. That lying bitch!

3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#674 2020-12-03 23:20:10

thehilz
Completely Blotto

There’s been times I’ve read more than one Woodward book on a weekend day. So by Monday I should be close to book 4 if not already into it.

#675 2020-12-04 00:45:32

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

if you can read that fast, wouldn't it make more sense to wait till near the end of the month to start reading?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer