The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-07 15:58:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Site upgrade - possible difficulties

Tomorrow afternoon (ET) at some point, I will be upgrading the version of PHP that the site is running on.  (PHP is a programming language for creating websites, for those who don't know.)

Because the upgrade is a major one, it is possible that some areas of the site might break.  If this happens, please contact me to let me know.  I will be looking around myself, to check for things, but it is possible that I will miss things, or that there are things that don't affect an admin, but will affect a normal user.  I have already repaired all the areas of known incompatibility with the new PHP version, but there are possibly things lurking still.

I will try to make this as painless as possible for all of us, but I make no promises about how well that will work.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2017-10-08 02:30:32

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Site upgrade - possible difficulties

Okay, I lied.  This upgrade will NOT be happening Sunday.

Keeshaba's father has become seriously ill, and she is needing to travel back up to TN to be with her family.  Therefore, tomorrow will be a preparatory day.  I will be remaining here, while she flies back to TN, so this will not unduly affect site operations... except insofar as it will distract me mentally.

The upgrade will still happen within the next few days.  I'll let you know when I decide to go forward with it.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2017-10-08 15:51:08

db1644
Tipsy

I hope things work out for Keeshaba's  family

David S.

#4 2017-10-09 19:42:35

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

db1644 wrote:

I hope things work out for Keeshaba's  family

Same here, real life takes priority we get it

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

Board footer