The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-01 07:12:41

xanbalest
Inebriated

An unfortunate new issue. The forward arrow has gone MIA!

I've not gone through most of the content, but I have noticed since the site outage that the forward arrow seems to have taken an unannounced sabbatical from any and all content of sufficient item length to need it's presence. In other words, it's missing. The back arrow is quite visible and functioning, so backwards navigation is possible. Thankfully, the item navigation menu is still accessible, so it's merely an inconvenience rather than a full blown emergency, but still. The content i've been looking through is MagusFangs "Boy in the grass" story and I attempted to look at a picture in Eric's list.

I was, at first, confused by it's loss, but ignored it, but now, mildly alarmed. If it's only limited to that content specifically, then I apologize for the statement, but I figured i'd at mention it.

#2 2017-03-01 19:08:35

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: An unfortunate new issue. The forward arrow has gone MIA!

There's a kind-of rule in programming that every patch introduces two new errors...  That's what happened here, sort of.

I have since fixed the error, and things should be back to normal... or maybe even better, who knows.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2017-03-01 22:21:27

xanbalest
Inebriated

yeah, i've heard of that rule. I just thought i'd mention it since I didn't know if anyone else had. Sorry for bringing you back from other things you'd rather do to fix such a minor issue. Thank you for your hard work

#4 2017-03-01 23:54:05

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'd noticed it last night, but I was about to go to bed, and wasn't going to fix it then.

It was also screwing with other things, you just didn't notice them.  Thankfully, it seems to be repaired now.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2017-03-02 01:08:30

xanbalest
Inebriated

Oh, no problem. I probably wouldn't have noticed if I didn't know what to look for, which I don't. I'm glad it's working again. As for going to bed first, my opinion of anyone who works hard on anything, "If it ain't so broke it can't work, and it isn't getting worse, it can wait for a good nights sleep".

Board footer