The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#401 2018-01-31 04:59:26

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 7, The

The wait was crazy, holy shot I hope nothing comes up that will make us wait nearly as long! On a brighter note, the chapter was great, I was so excited about it and the turns it took were great. I was sad to see the admission of guilt from people was so quickly admitted, would have liked a slightly drawn out admission, or made it a little harder. It also took me the entire chapter before I realized there was no sex. Loved it even more! Great job though!

(posted from Chapter 8: January)

#402 2018-01-31 12:30:54

Lucky869
Inebriated

I don't really know how to put into words what I want to say, so don't quote me on this. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I love this story!

(posted from Chapter 8: January)

#403 2018-01-31 16:08:27

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

But, if I remember correctly, you've had at least one student in the divination classes see his family in Erle killed.  And it seemed to indicate that it was a part of the werewolf invasion.

#404 2018-01-31 19:20:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Barbarian, you're making my point for me.  Erle is extremely close to the Vrudenan border.  Even if Callamandia wins, there is no guarantee that Erle will remain inside Callamandian territory.  David would never send people to stay in what could very well be a place permanently surrounded by the enemy.  Even if they survive the attack on Erle, they would be stuck behind enemy lines.  Bolmont is much further from the border, thus a lot safer.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#405 2018-02-01 04:35:11

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

Well, what about Lise then, living up in Erle?  Seems he could give her a safe place to run to then bring her out, ghosted if necessary.  Besides, wouldn't he want to protect his house/property anyway?

Regarding the Florida house, didn't you mention at the end of one of the books that David was taking Olissa and Flo to the Florida house to vacation for a few weeks?  Then in the next book talk about the trip with Garibaldi?  I think that would imply that He's been there more then once, provided I'm remembering correctly.

Last edited by Barbarian3165 (2018-02-01 04:39:21)

#406 2018-02-01 05:59:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

On the Florida house, yes, you're right, that was my mistake in not remembering that.  Still, it would be sending people into foreign territory.  The people living in Callamandia have no familiarity with Earth, and David wouldn't be able to send someone with them to "educate" them.

As to Lise:  I never said he wasn't going to try to protect Lise, but it would be utterly foolish to tell her, "Leave your home and go... like 5 miles down the road."  It just doesn't make any sense.  If she has time to get out of the way, then she should get all the way out of the way.

And no, David doesn't give a rat's ass about his houses.  You should know that by now.  He doesn't care at all about any "thing" that can be replaced.  You'll note the only items he mourned over when the dark wizard destroyed his dorm room in Book 3 were gifts given to him, because they could not be replaced.  David's concern is people.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#407 2018-02-02 07:42:38

fathertyme
Inebriated

for the record...

A 'mysterious' person informed the head of her family that she was plotting against David...

That, my friends is not proof. It could be a subtler form of attacking or removing his friends.

I'm waiting with baited breath for the next chapter (which means I'll probably expire from asphyxiation well before it's even due.)
where I'm sure a confrontation will occur

(purposefully left without names to avoid spoilers, NOT to add to the confusion)

Last edited by fathertyme (2018-02-02 07:43:59)

#408 2018-02-02 07:53:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You forget, though, that Lydia did not deny the accusation when confronted by Mychel.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#409 2018-02-04 07:13:47

fathertyme
Inebriated

OK, granted.

I looked back to get the exact wording...

"She didn't deny it.  She told me that what she did with her life was her business.

since we know she is trying to disassociate herself from her family, this could just be her blowing him off..

but I admit, things look a lot more damaging now than they did before you reminded me of that line...

Last edited by fathertyme (2018-02-04 07:56:01)

#410 2018-02-04 07:21:36

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Blowing someone off is one thing.  Failing to deny that you have helped seriously harm their ally is another.  She would know what the penalty for that kind of behavior would be.  This would be tantamount to declaring war against the family itself, so if she didn't do it, I think it's safe to assume she would have said so.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#411 2018-02-04 07:57:51

fathertyme
Inebriated

She should also know how David would react if he discovered what she had done... I wouldn't think she was particularly suicidal. But, I acknowledge the point. Aint gunna be pretty

Last edited by fathertyme (2018-02-04 07:59:31)

#412 2018-02-04 08:55:35

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Unless she believes the person she is allegedly working with can protect her from David.

Or the family.

Or both.

Have I muddled this enough for everyone yet? misch_smiley

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#413 2018-02-05 19:27:10

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

So, we've seen David vent a little steam on the greenhouse, are we going to see David vent on Lydia?  Or are we going to see David manage his anger and take her in after proving her guilt?  I'm guessing the later, but would love to see the former.  David finding a spot inside a mountain just big enough to entomb her in for centuries or even millennium would be an interesting form of demighost justice.  Although dealing with her if she ever got out could be a pain.

#414 2018-02-06 02:21:00

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Lydia's no threat to David.  No vampire is, unless they were strong wizards.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#415 2018-02-06 04:56:15

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

Lydia's no threat to David.  No vampire is, unless they were strong wizards.

Eric Storm

And, let's remember that David is always carrying a piece of wood that he can conjure to where it would the most good against a vampire.
For that matter, it would be child's play for him to carry a wooden spike just long enough to fit between breastbone and spine - conjure THAT into a vampire's chest and they wouldn't be able to even touch it without another conjure.

#416 2018-02-06 07:32:48

neolyn
Wasted

Thank you for the map !

So They are even more in deep sh*t than Woodward . Closer to the border and the were capital .

Hope Elise die AFTER acknowledging that she was wrong(if she dies).

I still can't buy it;  Lydia trying to hurt David. My guess is she's a scapegoat . She's David friend, so instead of hurting her, let David hurt her himself .

I don't know who is behind all that, but he seriously got a grude.

#417 2018-02-06 08:25:23

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Darthel, a stake to the heart is not necessary to kill a vampire in the Dugerran literary universe.  Keep in mind, David carries a sword with him wherever he goes.  One quick flick, and he'd lop off her head.  Very quick, very painless, very messy.

Doesn't sound like what David would do to someone who betrayed him, now does it? 

3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#418 2018-02-06 08:27:07

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Neolyn:  Her name is "Lise" (short for Louisa)... and wrong about what?  She did what she had to do.  Keep in mind it was not her choice to leave the school: she was basically fired.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#419 2018-02-06 17:30:41

neolyn
Wasted

I was talking about Gwen's mom (since I was asking about her family location) and thought her name was Elise . Since  we didn't see her for a while now did I got her name wrong ?

EDIT:

So I just checked and it's Denise . Elise, Denise... can't really blame me on that one . >.>"

Last edited by neolyn (2018-02-06 17:38:38)

#420 2018-02-06 19:57:53

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Wanna bet?  3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#421 2018-02-08 04:09:02

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

Darthel, a stake to the heart is not necessary to kill a vampire in the Dugerran literary universe.  Keep in mind, David carries a sword with him wherever he goes.  One quick flick, and he'd lop off her head.  Very quick, very painless, very messy.

Doesn't sound like what David would do to someone who betrayed him, now does it? 

3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

The reason that I used the stake reference is that the traditional wood staking (in some references) does not kill the vampire, but renders it immobile, and vulnerable to other attacks. Killing requires cutting off the head and burying it separately from the body with its mouth full of holy wafers or exposure to enough sunlight to cause a terminal case of sunburn.

#422 2018-02-08 08:14:50

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

All of which is religious claptrap that has nothing to do with Dugerra. 

Killing a vampire isn't all that tough, really.  Destroy their heart or their head, by any means, and you've pretty well done the job.  They are immortal from aging, illness, and most injury, but not all.

As to rendering a vampire immobile, we've already read how to do that:  Deny them blood for about a month.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#423 2018-02-08 15:05:18

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

Curiosity regarding vampire's and their EARTHLY legends : are they more proficient in animperium as weres are more proficient in metamorphosis?

#424 2018-02-08 20:04:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

... Why would they be?  So far as I know, other than turning into a bat, vampires have no attachment to animals in legend...  And the whole turning into a bat thing is more metamorphosis than animperium...  Unless vampires are really were-bats...  3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#425 2018-02-09 06:24:36

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

The reference to animperium is due to their association with werewolves as slaves.

Board footer