The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-12 03:30:16

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

With the new Universe....

I wonder how many people this will pull in ha ha, but that being said. With the new Re-boot of Star Trek, how many of you are personally finding a passion for the genre as a whole coming back alive. I know there is a lot of people out there who are not Fan's of the Kelvin-verse/timeline, but at the same time, it reminded me just how much I love the Franchise/universe. So I have been finding all the source material I could, and reading it, I  have been rewatching all the series! And The movies, and I find that I can get a trek geekon with it like I was when I was 15+ years younger. So please if you are a Trekkie, was a treekie, or eeven just a sci fi nerd/geek. Come lets talk. I would love to here about you favorite characters, moments and other such things.

In the dark your lips taste like sweet nectar, and in the line they tease me endlessly.

#2 2016-08-12 07:13:09

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Re: With the new Universe....

Favorite Trek Series:  DS9 (Terry Ferrell and dem spots tho)

Favorite TNG episode:  The Pegasus. (The fact that the series finale for Enterprise ties into it was AWESOME)

Favorite Star Trek character:  Spock (Leonard Nimoy's, but I think Quinto is KILLING it overall for a remake)

Favorite storyline: Anything involving Voyager and Q.  The bs attempted romancing of Janeway was hilarious.

Interesting point of order:  I had a student teacher when I was in 10th grade and he was good friends with a bunc of SAG members.  Well, he is in the Voyager 2 part episode where they end up going back in time after being confronted by Captain Braxton from the 29th century for messing with the timeline.  The episode guest stars a young Sarah Silverman.  My teacher was in the 2 hour episode a total of 5 times as different background parts.

#3 2016-08-12 18:05:13

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

That is super cool. I was in high school when that episode air, got to watch it be filmed as part of it were actually filmed at the Redondo beach pier.

Favorite Series: Is a tied between Voyager and DS9, though Enterprise is starting to grow on me, I never gave it a real chance when I was younger because of it being to snazy looking for the time period when it was supposed to be taking place.

Favorite Episode: The final Episode of Voyager, just so much in there killing it.

Favorite Star Trek Character: Ironically I'd have to say it is Seven of Nine.

Favorite Storylines: Anything to do with the borg, or the dominion war.

In the dark your lips taste like sweet nectar, and in the line they tease me endlessly.

#4 2016-08-13 01:25:07

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

My love of Star Trek never really faded once the shows stopped. Most of the movies, of course, never lived up to the shows. I just didn't watch as often.

Favorite Series: Has to be ST:TNG.

Favorite Episode: Tin Man

Favorite Character: I can't really pick one. I might be able to pick a favorite character from each show but I'm not even sure about that, especially with Next Generation.

Favorite Storylines: Just the opposite of you two. I disliked the episodes with the Borg and with Q. So anything else. 3dsmile

Last edited by Jefferson (2016-08-13 01:32:10)

#5 2016-08-13 13:27:23

Lacy69
Inebriated

I like the Star Trek shows the new movies that have come out in the last two years are very good also with the third installment hitting theaters,  but is it the end to this new Star Trek? will there be a fourth?  With the death of the actor that played checkoff (not up on Russian spelling) who knows.  Star Trek TNG was pretty good, so was voyager but deepspace 9 sorta lacked.

#6 2016-08-13 13:49:53

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

@ Jefferson:  Yeah, Tin Man was awesome.  I just didn't like that they basically disappeared afterwards.  I mean there was ample opportunity for him to contact Deanna from deep space so they could have made a mention of things later.  Hell, in Nemesis they even had Wesley at the wedding and he was supposedly on some long journey to open the furthest reaches of thought.  Oh well, can't ways get what you want.

I understand disliking Q and the Borg.  They were kind of overarching enemies that you really didn't have any real chance at defeating and Q could get annoying as hell, especially on TNG where he jut taunted them like he was a 7 year old boy messing with a chained dog.

@ Lacy69:  It is Chekov.  Pavel Chekov.  There will likely be a fourth.  THis one (Beyond) was good though long.  I deduced the twist long before the reveal and honestly, I think they would have done better to have the reveal earlier and develop it and a connection to Kirk or whomever from the Enterprise in a much deeper way.  The fact that Simon Pegg helped write this one is kinda dope though.

#7 2016-08-13 15:54:01

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Don't forget that there is a new TV series about to come out as well. Set between Archer and Kirk. LOL.

#8 2016-08-14 04:10:17

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Except, I am NOT paying CBS for access to their shitty online library just to watch it.

#9 2016-08-14 04:32:30

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Well, yeah, not going to say there is always other ways, to obtain these things lol.

#10 2016-08-14 12:28:24

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

None that are legal or even moral.  I understand the desire for "free," but it still costs SOMEONE something and I can't justify to myself (not judging others here) ripping off someone so I can get stuff at no cost to me.

#11 2016-08-14 14:19:58

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Oh I wasn't directing you to do Illegal or immoral ways of obtain things. I have a friend who part of a fleet group I am in on STO who shares his account with me on stuff that he has access to legally. I just meant some people might be able to obtain it to in a legal fashion and share it with you or other later. Personally I think if CBS does the show this way it's not going to go very far, even with the strong Star trek fan base.

Board footer