Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-28 18:41:47

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Talon Saga, Book 7: Lord of the Harem, The

The Talon Saga, Book 7: Lord of the Harem

Talon, once a demon of the wild, once a prisoner in the Dungeon of the Forgotten, has defeated King Andestor in fair combat and thereby claimed the throne of Sorathale.  Recuperating from that battle in his new harem, he must learn to govern the kingdom not with fierceness and might, but with wisdom and compassion.  The choices he makes will guide the destiny of Sorathale forever.

But that is not all.  He still must complete his quest to rid his lover Elindra of the curse that plagues her.  And that requires traveling through the Faewood to the Shadow World in order to confront the witch Thereya, who still has power over both their souls.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2016-03-28 18:48:01

Daddycums
Wasted

Re: Talon Saga, Book 7: Lord of the Harem, The

Book 7 of 8.

I'll admit, I'm not completely satisfied with this book.  It probably has the weakest story of all the books in the series.  On the other hand, it has a lot more sex, so maybe that will help keep it entertaining.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#3 2016-04-02 10:02:21

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Another great book. Happy to see Summer return. Still waiting on his memory 😉

#4 2016-04-04 05:51:22

Daddycums
Wasted

thehilz wrote:

Another great book. Happy to see Summer return. Still waiting on his memory 😉

Summer is one of my favorite characters in the saga, so I had to bring her back.  If you were paying attention, you might have noticed I mentioned her in the previous book, giving hints that she might make a return.

As for Talon's memory, that does seem to be the last issue to resolve, aside from the new developments in the Faewood mentioned at the end of Book 7.  Talon just can't seem to catch a break, can he?

Book 8 will resolve everything, one way or another.  I can't guarantee you'll like it, but I've never been a big fan of leaving any loose ends, so expect some kind of wrap-up for any subplots hanging out there.

#5 2016-07-26 01:17:06

Lacy69
Inebriated

Very nice read and well written. I did not see this as being to slow, there was just enough surprises that kept it going.
Keep up the good work and hope to see more stories

#6 2016-07-27 04:38:07

Daddycums
Wasted

Lacy69 wrote:

Very nice read and well written. I did not see this as being to slow, there was just enough surprises that kept it going.
Keep up the good work and hope to see more stories

Thanks!  I tried to give it some plot, but to be honest most of the book is just conversations and sex.  In fact, there are really only two action scenes in this book, and one was just a few paragraphs.  Kind of low for an action-adventure series.  I was never really quite satisfied with it, so I'm glad you didn't find it too slow.

#7 2017-05-08 13:56:34

Pureleaf
Inebriated

Oh hell yes. I, for one, am completely thrilled about the fact that Talon became King. As someone with an interest in political science, I think I’ll find this to be one of the more interesting books.
That being said, unfortunately king Talon really doesn’t seem to share my interest in seeing him running the kingdom… The story didn’t delve into the politics as much as I would have liked, but then again this is an action-adventure-erotica story, not a snoozefest of politics.
Also, I don’t think I’ll ever look at the word ‘Harem’ in the same way ever again… Lord of the Harem indeed…
I’m curious where you got the idea for the royal harem, it has many similarities (but also significant differences) to the imperial harem of the Ottoman Empire. The women in both were beautiful but also highly capable, practically running the kingdom. One of the Ottoman rulers also executed a great many of the concubines that inhabited the harem.
I honestly didn’t think it to be too slow, I enjoyed the conversations that the characters had, as well as generally learning more about the society and the universe you have created. I’ve already mentioned several times about how much I enjoy the world that you have created, and seeing more added to its universe was wonderful.
I’m surprised you held out for seven books before making a God of Incest, and also surprised it doesn’t play a more prominent role.
Oh yeah, and I guess Summer Red and Leyli aren’t the same person. It was an interesting theory while it lasted. With the return of the Demon Master and Thereya, I do wonder if Summer Red will have any role to play in your 8th and final book.
I know this is a little premature, but I see the last chapter of Book 8 is called Slumber No More. This is slightly concerning. Although it hints we may not see the happy ending that seems to always magically appear in your stories.

#8 2017-06-04 05:58:46

Daddycums
Wasted

Pureleaf wrote:

Oh hell yes. I, for one, am completely thrilled about the fact that Talon became King. As someone with an interest in political science, I think I’ll find this to be one of the more interesting books.
That being said, unfortunately king Talon really doesn’t seem to share my interest in seeing him running the kingdom… The story didn’t delve into the politics as much as I would have liked, but then again this is an action-adventure-erotica story, not a snoozefest of politics.
Also, I don’t think I’ll ever look at the word ‘Harem’ in the same way ever again… Lord of the Harem indeed…
I’m curious where you got the idea for the royal harem, it has many similarities (but also significant differences) to the imperial harem of the Ottoman Empire. The women in both were beautiful but also highly capable, practically running the kingdom. One of the Ottoman rulers also executed a great many of the concubines that inhabited the harem.
I honestly didn’t think it to be too slow, I enjoyed the conversations that the characters had, as well as generally learning more about the society and the universe you have created. I’ve already mentioned several times about how much I enjoy the world that you have created, and seeing more added to its universe was wonderful.
I’m surprised you held out for seven books before making a God of Incest, and also surprised it doesn’t play a more prominent role.
Oh yeah, and I guess Summer Red and Leyli aren’t the same person. It was an interesting theory while it lasted. With the return of the Demon Master and Thereya, I do wonder if Summer Red will have any role to play in your 8th and final book.
I know this is a little premature, but I see the last chapter of Book 8 is called Slumber No More. This is slightly concerning. Although it hints we may not see the happy ending that seems to always magically appear in your stories.

Any similarities between Nubilia and the Ottoman Empire are purely coincidental.3dsmile

Actually, I'm serious about that.  I didn't know that about the Ottoman harem.  I always wanted to write a story involving a literal harem, but as I began to develop the idea for it I decided I didn't want just a bunch of pretty faces.  This became even more important when I decided I wanted all of Talon's women to join his official harem, but Krylda kept refusing until I promised her I would first fill it with strong women.  (By that I mean that as I developed her character, I began to realize that there was no way in hell she would join a harem unless it was an honorable position)  So then I came up with the explanation that the king would want to surround himself with people he trusted, and sex is a way to build that kind of bond between people, so everything just naturally fell into place.

As for the God of Incest, I invented him years ago.  Nubilia has quite a few gods of various aspects of sex.  Vaje, Fertilia, Gabael, and to a lesser extent Matrimus, Tharg, and Oolee.  And those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.  There's no particular reason why I mentioned Vaje in this book, except that he just wasn't relevant before.  Okay, maybe at the end of Book 3 it might have been relevant, but Talon doesn't really put his trust in the gods, so it's not the type of thing he would have necessarily thought of.  And Summer might not have even known there was such a god, having lived in the Faewood for half her life.

Board footer