The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#351 2020-06-03 23:25:48

Soul_less327
Tipsy

Re: Potential

bistander,
I created an account on Wolfpub mainly so I could tell you how fantastic I think 'Potential' is.

I did not expect to be as emotionally invested in the story and characters of an erotic novel as I have become. I love the beauty found in broken characters struggling and fighting to find joy in their terrible circumstances. This story has been bouncing around in my head and keeping me up at night.

I know you probably get a ton of suggestions or requests for the ending, but I can't help adding my own to that list. I'm sorry in advance.

Spoiler warning for anyone who hasn't read up to Ch. 31.

I would like to see John end up raped to death in prison and forgotten. I don't think I've hated a character this much in a long time.

I'd like to see Jason, Becky, and Mary end up together just enjoying each other in their crazy, sex-filled house.  I feel like this is the only ending for them that makes any sense.  I love the way Becky and Mary's relationship is progressing and the line about love not fitting into just one box was perfect.  I'm not listing Darlene with Jason and Becky even though they would probably all play together as well.  I feel like Jason is bad for Darlene.  So far Jason has shown zero emotional connection to anyone except not wanting to make his mother cry.  He seems to be only in it for the sex and while that doesn't have to be a bad thing, I think Darlene deserves better.  She deserves to be loved and treated well, even if she doesn't believe it.

I would like to see Evan, Deanna, Gloria, Candy, Cindy, Sally, Rebecca, and Darlene all end up in a house with several rooms and really big beds all living and loving together.  I kind of see Sally as the den mother figure;  Deanna and Rebecca married; Gloria and Darlene married; Candy and Cindy married; and all of them enjoying Evan and each other. I would also like all of the women and Evan to have a private wedding-like ceremony with vows and a ring exchange as well.  Maybe Evan can wear a similar ring to the one he got for the other girls with one piece representing himself and one for each one of the couples and Sally.
I know it's cheesy, but it's the closest they can all get to marrying each other.

I would like to see KK and BJ stay crazy and visit both the 'Jason house' and 'Evan house' to play as well.

Ms Style is a bit of a mystery still, but I can't see her not being in Darlene's life.

I know that this is kind of the fairy tale ending, but I feel like they deserve to be the happiest they can be.  I think it's important for the girls in the 'Evan house' to be not only with each other, but also with Evan.  He provides them with love and male affection that they need to counteract the destruction caused by his father. Nearly all of them were damaged by that monster and Darlene was damaged by monsters of her own. Evan provides a counter to that. Unlike Jason, he gives sex with love and affection and in addition to the love that the women have for each other.  I also don't see any of them having a problem with sharing him.

The most important thing I want to see, not in the end but hopefully a lot sooner, is for everyone to start sharing their burdens.  It finally started happening a little bit in the last chapter but there needs to be a lot more.  Each of the women is hiding the truth from not only each other but Evan as well.  It is giving them the illusion that if they stay quiet, it will only affect them and it is hiding the severity of the situation from all of them. I understand why they feel this way but it still breaks my heart. I hope this is the way the story goes, I would hate for them to suffer in silence.

I would also like to see Evan fully accept and embrace his feelings for each of the women as well as his own personal strength. He needs to challenge his father and win, not just for his own journey to adulthood but also to show the others that John is not invincible.  I think it will probably be Sally who brings him down, but I hope Evan can get a shot in as well.

I kind of think those last two requests will happen naturally in the coming chapters. I'm just looking forward to when it happens.

Lastly I just want to say, don't be afraid to give them a happy ending.  We don't need to know how it all turned out 50 years later.  Just give us and ending in which they are happy and safe and fulfilled and that will be enough.

Thank you for the effort and time that you have put into this fantastic story and for reading my ramblings. 
You are appreciated.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#352 2020-06-11 12:28:30

bistander
Wasted

Soul Less,

"So far Jason has shown zero emotional connection to anyone except not wanting to make his mother cry.  He seems to be only in it for the sex and while that doesn't have to be a bad thing, I think Darlene deserves better."

Yup, that's exactly who Jason is, and the character I intended him to be. Thanks for noticing.

"I would like to see Evan, Deanna, Gloria, Candy, Cindy, Sally, Rebecca, and Darlene all end up in a house with several rooms and really big beds all living and loving together."

Wow, that's a lot of women in one house! Scary.

"I would like to see KK and BJ stay crazy and visit both the 'Jason house' and 'Evan house' to play as well."

Unfortunately for these characters, whose role was only to make the race stuff have more than on dimension, the story can't last long enough to do much more with them. They are actually crazy enough to have their own story :-)

"Ms Style is a bit of a mystery still, but I can't see her not being in Darlene's life."

Her role will become clear soon.

"It is giving them the illusion that if they stay quiet, it will only affect them and it is hiding the severity of the situation from all of them."

Great insight on your part, reading between the lines, even though that message wasn't hidden, it's a well-established truth-You are as sick as your secrets.

"Just give us and ending in which they are happy and safe and fulfilled and that will be enough."

I'll see what I can do.

Thank you for putting in the effort required to be able to comment, and for taking the time to write such a long message. If you started reading this on Niffy, you have access to my email, feel free to use it, or send a message through this site if you have questions or comments that don't fit in the comments section.
Thanks again, and check out some of the great authors here. There is at least one who helped me a great deal, in the beginning, to get better at this thing I'm trying to do.

#353 2020-06-17 01:24:49

Soul_less327
Tipsy

Fuck, that chapter was good.  I love this story.

#354 2020-06-17 01:53:15

StormShaddow
Tipsy

I love this story and can not wait for more!!

#355 2020-06-17 23:08:21

bistander
Wasted

Thank you, Soul_less and Stormshadow. I'm working.

#356 2020-06-18 23:01:10

mwahoo
Inebriated

so I hammered you in ch 30 for redundancy.  I want to say you redeemed and more in 31 and 32 and it is perhaps some of your best work yet,  especially with regards to literary groundwork for up and coming (cuming> ) events.  Well done.  I proof for several folks,  one of my clients has a chain of novels over 80 separate books and avoiding repetition, especially in consecutive books or chapters can be a downfall for even the best.  Some times you have to have it thrown at you to dodge it!  I also applaud you for the quick follow up of 31 ( which was fantastic on literary foreshadowing,  32 also,  but 31 was great )  You set the table,  now you published the menu,  time to serve the first course!  I hope,  as always,  it is soon   Well done sir!

#357 2020-06-20 16:23:46

bistander
Wasted

mwahoo, I had to look back to see the hammering I got, but it wasn't a very big hammer.

31 did come out pretty quick. That's thanks to the fact that I didn't enter any writing contests, and also, I started working on the Sally Candy stuff way back in chapter 19. I've had to pull punches ever since then, so stuff was already written that I held back, and I was thinking about the rest on and off since then. 12 chapters later, (what's that, 6 years for me or does it just feel like that?) it wasn't that hard to write. It was hard emotionally, and getting the dialog full of information while still seeming somewhat natural, that was very difficult, but the content was in my head.

So, you're an editor? I'm sure if you asked your one client if he would ever write a novel the way I have, he would say, No fuckin' way, that's crazy. It was, and for anyone who thinks, Oh, I'll just start posting it chapter by chapter because that will keep me motivated, DO NOT do it. It doesn't matter how motivated you are, if you have PTSD and other mental issues, and aren't a fultime trained writer, you will not get the story done as fast as you think.

The other thing, about redundancy, it's hard to avoid when you can't go back and changed things that have already been posted, and more importantly, when part of your audience wants sex, and sex, and sex with everybody fucking everyone. At times I have to throw sex it just to fill a hole while I'm weaving my way to the end. That's the nature of the beast when writing on sex story sites. I'm doing the best I can to write a great book, and also give people some great sex.

Anytime you want to help, let me know. I'm learning this shit as I go.

#358 2020-06-20 21:51:42

mwahoo
Inebriated

not an editor and work in a different area,  but heavy lit background. ( not big enough jerk to edit)  Stay on track, you turned a different corner and remember,  a writer is a person who writes for them, for their own satisfaction of expressing a story they want/enjoy telling. An old movie has the line : if when you wake in the morning,  all you can think of is writing,  then you are a writer!"  Good luck,

#359 2020-06-24 15:08:02

puppyboy
Tipsy

i am glad that decided to return to this story .  i can see how have left some areas to further explore  if had the time . the area of how Evan wants to see the mule squirt could be just visual curiosity  or a segue to another dimension to the belief that we are all bi but society conditions us otherwise .       There are some many questions to answer or not and so many story lines to present i can see where the sometimes choppiness comes from .  oh to be young again knowing and free of the conditioning  again .  3dangel

Last edited by puppyboy (2020-06-24 15:41:50)

#360 2020-06-25 03:11:30

Soul_less327
Tipsy

Bistander,

Two questions:
Did you get the DM I sent you shortly after you released chapter 32?  I'm not exactly sure how DMs work on this site and I just wanted to make sure.  I hope you aren't annoyed by my posts.  I know I tend to post a lot and I tend to get carried away with my thoughts

The second question is about Evan's race.  I thought it was a very exciting scene and it seemed very realistic.  How did you research for that scene or did you just use your imagination?

#361 2020-06-25 04:43:49

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Explanation of "Direct Messaging" on The Pub:

PunBB doesn't natively support a private messaging system.  If you sent a "private message" through the site, it was an email, through the site's server.  Bistander would be able to reply to you, if he so chose, via email.  THAT email would be a direct communication (the website would not be a part of that future communication.)

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#362 2020-06-25 12:36:21

bistander
Wasted

Thanks Eric for the DM(direct message or in some cases, I imagine, dumb mother-fucker), and thanks Soul_less for the question. I did get your DM, and for some reason, in my Gmail, it didn't look like other DMs I have received, so I didn't think I could respond directly to your mail. My bad. The message was fine, and appreciated. I never mind hearing what people think about the story and where their imagination sees it going. I can't change the direction of the story, but other people's input does sometimes give me ideas for side events that happen along the way. i.e if I never hear anyone asking for Brutus or they say, yuck, when Becky pisses on someone, I know not to work hard of a scene with that unless it is an integal component of plot, then I don't care what anyone thinks.

As far as the racing, I have spent a great deal of time at racetracks, done some racing, and known drivers well. The track in the story is a real place where I have also spent a lot of time, and have had friends racing there. I will try and find a link to a video that shows what opening night looked like this year after some major track changes. There is some in-car video from the kind of car Cindy drives, and it will give you a little bit of a feel for what Evan is going through, except not really. Being in a Super Late Model, on a short track, scrambles your brain in real life.

#363 2020-06-25 18:08:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

bistander wrote:

Being in a Super Late Model, on a short track, scrambles your brain

Oh, is THAT what happened to you....  misch_smiley

3dtongue  3dbig_smile  3dlol

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#364 2020-06-25 18:33:17

bistander
Wasted

Thank you, I really did need a good laugh, and laugh I did.

#365 2020-06-25 23:35:27

Soul_less327
Tipsy

Thank you Eric for the reply about DMs and Bistander for the reply and the email.   I haven't had the chance to check out the video yet because I've been at work, but I am looking forward to it.

On a side note, I actually enjoy reading about a bit of beastiality and watersports so if it comes to a vote for those types of scenes to continue, put me firmly in the 'yes please' column.  3dwink

On that note, I'm now thinking of the differences between Becky and Darlene's motivations for the whole pissing thing.  Becky does it because she gets off on the perversion of it.  Whereas Darlene uses the perversion to dull the pain of feeling unwanted and unworthy of love.  Which only makes me want Gloria, Evan, Sally and the rest to accept her and show her that she is worth loving and worth 'saving' for lack of a better word.  Damn, I am attached to these characters.  Again Bistander, fucking great story.

Also I am aware that I vastly overuse commas and I appreciate it that no one here is being a grammar nazi about it.  3dbig_smile

Last edited by Soul_less327 (2020-06-26 23:56:02)

#366 2020-06-26 00:56:01

Nectoxicdragon
Tipsy

I'm getting ready to load a target up on my laptop and use it  for practice with my 10mm glock... I cant find ANYWHERE to dl a readable format of Potential 31 and 32 and its ticking me off!

#367 2020-06-26 01:32:01

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Um... have you looked in Potential's story section?  Both of those chapters appear to be there... neither is marked as PRM, so...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#368 2020-06-26 01:32:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Soul_less:

Actually, I felt you were missing a few commas, myself...  3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#369 2020-06-26 03:37:09

Soul_less327
Tipsy

Eric Storm wrote:

Soul_less:

Actually, I felt you were missing a few commas, myself...  3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

LOL, fair enough, I'll have to work on that.   You can never have enough commas... 3dbig_smile

#370 2020-06-26 12:49:30

bistander
Wasted

Nectoxicdragon wrote:

I'm getting ready to load a target up on my laptop and use it  for practice with my 10mm glock... I cant find ANYWHERE to dl a readable format of Potential 31 and 32 and its ticking me off!

No need to die or whip out your big ten inch or get a tick around here. Eric is one of the most responsive site owner/admins I've encountered, even when he's giving me a hard time. ;-) I see those chapters, and they are on two other platforms, but you won't see them on those Russian sites or the site that lets all their content get skimmed for other sites. Maybe that's what landed you here?

Find my user profile, click see my stuff, then double click Potential, click the down arrow on the left, find chapter 31, and click GO. Then read away.
Have fun.

#371 2020-06-26 17:16:18

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, I thought giving you a hard time was part of my job...

3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#372 2020-07-17 00:38:31

Soul_less327
Tipsy

So after reading Chapter 33, I just want to say again how amazing this story is and how much I enjoy reading it and the characters within.

That being said, this chapter kind of left me wanting more.   I appreciated the story progression and there wasn't any part that I didn't like, it just felt a lot shorter than previous chapters and kind of emptier with regard to the love scenes.   I don't know about the actual word count or anything but there were several places where I thought there would be love scenes that were just missing.

I would have liked to have actually seen the scene between Candy and Cindy after Deanna left.   I would have liked to have seen the scene between Deanna and Rebecca at the park.   I feel like they could have been added in between the other sections of the story and it would have added a lot to the chapter.

Even if we have already seen those particular pairings, I enjoyed those scenes a great deal in previous chapters.   Not just for the sexiness but also for the way you described their affection for each other during those moments and how it developed the emotional aspects of their relationships.

The absence of those scenes almost made this feel like half of a chapter.  Like maybe chapter 34 will go back and show us what we missed in Game of Thrones style, but I would have rather just read it as one oversized chapter if that is the plan.

I am still really enjoying this story and I can't wait to see how it ends.  I really hope Evan finds out about what has been going on and I hope that one of the girls tells him without him having to find out on his own.  I feel like Evan needs to be able to confront John if he is ever going to be the 'man of the house' so to speak.  I have a little sister and I know for a fact that if I found out someone had hurt her the way John has hurt Evan's sisters, I would not stop until he was dead and damn the consequences.  So, I get why the girls feel like they can't tell Evan, but that is a betrayal also.  He deserves to know and he deserves the chance to stand up to John and to be the man that Candy and his sisters deserve.  Once he gets that chance and hopefully gets to punch John in the goddamned face, then Sally can swoop in and do her thing.  I just don't want Evan's last attempt at being the man he wants to be to end with John standing over him.

I'm probably just saying all of this into the void because you have probably already mapped out how the rest of the story goes, but I just can't help rooting for Evan to get his shot.

The first part of this post was kind of negative and I do apologize about that but I am just trying to be honest.  The story as a whole still remains compelling and emotional and fantastic.

Can't wait for the next chapter, but I know it will be worth the wait.   Thank you for sharing your talent with us and for the effort you put into this story.  You are very much appreciated.

Last edited by Soul_less327 (2020-07-17 00:41:30)

#373 2020-07-17 01:12:05

bistander
Wasted

Soul_less327 wrote:

it just felt a lot shorter than previous chapters and kind of emptier with regard to the love scenes. I thought there would be love scenes that were just missing.

I would have liked to have actually seen the scene between Candy and Cindy after Deanna left.   I would have liked to have seen the scene between Deanna and Rebecca at the park.

I really hope Evan finds out about what has been going on and I hope that one of the girls tells him without him having to find out on his own.

I'm always happy to hear what everyone thinks, even when they think something should have been different or better. I take all that in, and consider it. Sometimes I messed up and am happy for an idea for a different way it could have been done. That's not to say I try and write the story to every person's comments and suggestions, that obviously could never happen.

So, having looked at the above, I'll say this, The chapter was the same length as the last one. There weren't as many different jumps to different places with different people the way many of the other chapters go. There was a reason for that, too. It just didn't work and wouldn't have made sense. My test reader agreed. I wasn't even sure I wanted the part where Deana suggests the top of the slide. Think about what she has just learned about her life, then she realized that she couldn't even share it with her best friend and girlfriend. The only reason I added it, was because earlier I explained sex was her way of dealing with stuff. We'll see what others think.

The Candy and Cindy thing wasn't as important as what Deana needed to do with the pictures. Sex at that point would have been something I would scroll through to find out what was in the shoebox that most of you probably forgot Sally had under her arm the day she cracked the password.

As far as Evan goes, the girls aren't going to tell him something that will make him react the way he did when John was hurting Candy. We'll all have to wait and see if or how he finds out, and whether or not he can handle it in a way that doesn't get him punched out again. It's really hard for me to decide who should do what to John. Sally has been hurt the worst, but Candy, Deana, and Cindy have also been hurt badly. Maybe Cindy should run him over? Maybe Deana and Gloria should use a steak knife on him? Maybe Sally has a plan that will keep everyone out of jail, except John? Maybe Candy has that 7 million volt tazer?

So many possibilities.

#374 2020-07-17 03:03:02

Soul_less327
Tipsy

bistander wrote:

Soul_less327 wrote:

it just felt a lot shorter than previous chapters and kind of emptier with regard to the love scenes. I thought there would be love scenes that were just missing.

I would have liked to have actually seen the scene between Candy and Cindy after Deanna left.   I would have liked to have seen the scene between Deanna and Rebecca at the park.

I really hope Evan finds out about what has been going on and I hope that one of the girls tells him without him having to find out on his own.

I'm always happy to hear what everyone thinks, even when they think something should have been different or better. I take all that in, and consider it. Sometimes I messed up and am happy for an idea for a different way it could have been done. That's not to say I try and write the story to every person's comments and suggestions, that obviously could never happen.

So, having looked at the above, I'll say this, The chapter was the same length as the last one. There weren't as many different jumps to different places with different people the way many of the other chapters go. There was a reason for that, too. It just didn't work and wouldn't have made sense. My test reader agreed. I wasn't even sure I wanted the part where Deana suggests the top of the slide. Think about what she has just learned about her life, then she realized that she couldn't even share it with her best friend and girlfriend. The only reason I added it, was because earlier I explained sex was her way of dealing with stuff. We'll see what others think.

The Candy and Cindy thing wasn't as important as what Deana needed to do with the pictures. Sex at that point would have been something I would scroll through to find out what was in the shoebox that most of you probably forgot Sally had under her arm the day she cracked the password.

As far as Evan goes, the girls aren't going to tell him something that will make him react the way he did when John was hurting Candy. We'll all have to wait and see if or how he finds out, and whether or not he can handle it in a way that doesn't get him punched out again. It's really hard for me to decide who should do what to John. Sally has been hurt the worst, but Candy, Deana, and Cindy have also been hurt badly. Maybe Cindy should run him over? Maybe Deana and Gloria should use a steak knife on him? Maybe Sally has a plan that will keep everyone out of jail, except John? Maybe Candy has that 7 million volt tazer?

So many possibilities.

I sort of get what you are saying about the sex being secondary to the scene with the pictures and I get that Deanna was using sex as a distraction from her pain.  I agree with you that in a lot of stories, the love scenes would be less important than the scenes surrounding them.  In this story though, I feel like the love scenes aren't just something you add in for the reader to fap to.  With the exception of Jason who is only in it for the sex (by design) and anything involving Ms Style so far, I feel like pretty much every love scene in the story deepened the relationship between the two or three partners in a meaningful way.

So even though Deanna looking through the shoebox of pictures was important for her arc, the off screen scene with Candy and Cindy could have been just as important to their arc if you had written it.  Cindy had just revealed a lot of heavy stuff to Deanna, some of which not even Candy is aware of.  I would have loved to have read Cindy's emotions and thoughts and struggles even in the midst of the sex between her and Candy. I would have loved to see if Candy picked up on the fact that something was wrong and what she would have done about it.  Likewise I would have loved to have read about Deanna's inner thoughts while she was with Rebecca.  Yes it was a distraction, but you've already shown that they can sense a lot about each other during those intimate moments.  Maybe the scene could have been used to bring them closer together?  Maybe Rebecca would have sensed something was off and that there was turmoil beneath the surface but she would have chosen to give Deanna comfort in the only way that Deanna could accept from her at that point?  These skipped scenes just feel like missed opportunities for emotional and relationship growth to me.

Don't cheapen the love scenes by thinking they are just something to skip through to get to the important parts of the story.   You've done an amazing job so far of giving the scenes meaning and purpose beyond just the obvious sexiness.  You haven't been the type of writer to treat the love scenes as throwaway when they can be impactful and important, I have no reason to believe that you would have written them that way in this case.  I'm going to have to disagree with your tester on this one.

Also, I want it on record that I did remember the pictures and the shoebox and the scene where Evan asked about the pictures.  I may not remember every scene, but I do remember most of them.  3dbig_smile

Lastly, I can't wait to see what happens to John.   I really hope someone kills him in a way that keeps them out of jail or if John goes to jail, hopefully he dies horribly while he is in there.  I would be fine if one of the girls gets to kill him, any of them deserve to do it after what John did to them.  I just hope Evan gets to stand up to him and prevail at least once before John meets his fate.  Just as the girls getting their justice against John is crucial for them and their ability to move past this horrible situation, it is just as important for Evan to find out what has been going on in the house under his nose and for him to have his victory over John as well.  How could Evan live with himself if he found out and had done nothing to stand up for the women that he loved?  That isn't something you recover from and eventually he is going to find out.  I think it would be better if the girls trusted him with their pain on their own terms. 

Okay, I think I've stated my opinion more than enough times at this point.  I'll just sit back and wait for the next chapter.  We readers do get the easy part of this exchange.  3dwink

Anyway, thanks again for this story.

Last edited by Soul_less327 (2020-07-17 03:33:12)

#375 2020-07-17 12:57:52

bistander
Wasted

Soul_less,

I do agree with you on the love scenes, and you are correct, I do put as much into them as the rest of the story. Even the ones that are more sex than love, I have lined with hints or important details or character building. Unfortunately, you are one of the few readers who gets that. You are also one of the few that writes long, well thought out comments. I thank you for that. I am learning about writing as I go, so everything people say goes into the mixing pot of experience. Hopefully, my next novel will be better and easier to write than this beast has been. Of course, it didn't start out to be this length or much more than a great flap story. You can thank Eric for that. "You can't grow unless you're in over your head." That's great advice as long as you don't fuckin' drown.

Psst, I've been told my chapters are too long, and that they are not long enough, and that they are the right length. 10,000 words seems to be what most people favor. That means maybe some of what you were asking for just didn't fit and could have led off the next chapter? But since you asked for it, there's no way I could do it now. I wouldn't want anyone thinking all they have to do is complain and I'll write something for them. 3dlol

Last edited by bistander (2020-07-17 12:58:17)

Board footer