Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-18 19:42:21

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Talon Saga, Book 2: Slave of the Witch, The

The Talon Saga, Book 2: Slave of the Witch

Seven years ago, Talon gave his soul to the witch Thereya in order to save the girl he loved.  Surrounded by beautiful women, his life as Thereya's slave is surprisingly pleasant, except for the emptiness in his heart from the separation from his love.

A chance encounter with a shadow demon reveals a power he did not know he had, and now he must lead an expedition into the wasteland of the Shadow World to break the demons' power.  But neither he nor the two priestesses who accompany him know a thing about survival in the wasteland.  How can they hope to overcome the many obstacles in their path?

Yet there is hope, for all is not as it seems.  There are many secrets to be learned, secrets about Thereya, about the Shadow World, and even about Talon himself.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2016-01-18 20:02:34

Daddycums
Wasted

Re: Talon Saga, Book 2: Slave of the Witch, The

The next book in the Talon Saga.  If you enjoyed the first, I hope you enjoy this one.  And please comment.  If you take a couple of minutes to tell me what you liked about my story or even what you didn't like, it will let me know my hard work is appreciated.

Thanks!

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#3 2016-01-22 18:04:46

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Enjoyed book 2 so far. Waiting for last couple of chapters.  I really like talons newest traveling  companion. Reminded me a horny Gollum.

#4 2016-01-22 20:01:59

Daddycums
Wasted

thehilz wrote:

Enjoyed book 2 so far. Waiting for last couple of chapters.  I really like talons newest traveling  companion. Reminded me a horny Gollum.

Heh heh!  I was thinking the same thing as I was creating his character.  Even though there's some definite similarity, Klostul is not based on Gollum.  He just happens to be a result of similar circumstances.  They're both driven mad by centuries of isolation and cursed with immortality in a wretched form.  I didn't want the similarities to be too obvious, so I gave him a different look, with claws and fangs and some insectoid characteristics.

He's one of the more fascinating characters in the Talon Saga, especially with that moment of lucidity in Chapter 7.  Is he evil, as Thereya claims?  Is he just misunderstood?  Why was he cursed, and what will he do once set free?  These questions will all be answered in Chapter 10.  (No peeking!)

Speaking of which, the last 2 chapters of Book 2 are uploaded, so enjoy!

I'll start posting Book 3, Secret of the Faewood, on February 1.

#5 2017-05-02 14:05:06

Pureleaf
Inebriated

Enjoyed book 2 as well. Klostul was an interesting character, and for the first time in a series of yours (in my memory at least) we have a character who is just good or bad, but more of a grey, true he redeemed himself in the last days of his life, but he also was not purely good. (I guess one could consider Matt, but he more just flipped completely) Klostul did horrible things, but he was not a horrible person at heart.

I'm really liking where this story is going.

Can't wait to read the rest, as I continue onward to book 3.

#6 2017-06-04 04:41:14

Daddycums
Wasted

Pureleaf wrote:

Enjoyed book 2 as well. Klostul was an interesting character, and for the first time in a series of yours (in my memory at least) we have a character who is just good or bad, but more of a grey, true he redeemed himself in the last days of his life, but he also was not purely good. (I guess one could consider Matt, but he more just flipped completely) Klostul did horrible things, but he was not a horrible person at heart.

I'm really liking where this story is going.

Can't wait to read the rest, as I continue onward to book 3.

Yes, Klostul is one of my favorite characters in the saga.  He was fun to write, not just because of his ambiguous morality as you mentioned, but because even in the end I never truly answered all the questions surrounding him.  Was he actually insane, or was he just pretending?  Exactly what was the nature of his power that he abused so long ago?  How did it work?

As for him being both good and bad, one of the major themes of the Talon Saga is that sometimes evil can do good.  This will really come out in Book 5.

And by the way, if you meant Matt from Allison and the Primdales, he was a bad guy all along.  He just pretended to be good.

Board footer