The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-18 20:04:32

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Never rains but it pours...

Okay, I am suffering from a PC power supply failing, and my internet is now failing, as well.  I have a call in to Farter to come fix the internet problem, but the power supply issue will require a week to get me back up and running (RMA's are a bitch.)

The upshot of all this is, some things that should be updated this week, won't be.  I'm speaking of the Drink of the Week and the Weekly Crossword.  Sorry, guys, but I can only fight so many fronts at once.

Until I get back online full-power, Siath will be taking care of things.  If you have a problem, please contact him.  If it's a serious problem, don't expect him to be able to fix it; he's not a programmer.  3dsmile  But he can contact me and we can see what can be done.

Hopefully this will be resolved quickly, and I'll be back online in a few days.  Until then, Happy Holidays, and this round's on the house.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2006-12-18 23:34:34

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Re: Never rains but it pours...

Yea that sucks, I hate it when computers...
(Connection Lost)

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#3 2006-12-19 01:38:13

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Net Wolf wrote:

I have a call in to Farter to come fix the internet problem

Hehe don't know how much faith I would have in an ISP called Farter, it sounds like they would stink. 3dtongue

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#4 2006-12-19 02:24:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Precisely my point, SM.  The "real" name of the company is Charter Communications.  The WORST ISP ON THE PLANET.  These people are WORSE THAN AOL!  If you have any choice whatsoever, avoid this company like the plague.

Net Wolf
guy who will not get "real" internet back until sometime around the end of the year...  3dsad

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2006-12-19 09:12:47

dv8n
Wasted

sorry to hear that Net...hope to see you back soon

...hey think of it as an early vacation... 3dsmile

:lol:

#6 2006-12-31 03:11:06

phantasm409
Tipsy

I know how it feels to have a smoke show. My comp went blazing pop one day. But when the power blew so did the MB. Sorry your net time. Just a builder myself. If I was the creative type.
I would be a programer. Sure like the the stories....Keep em coming..! Looking to build another
Frankenstin, but need to think of the parts to fit.   The brain is the KEY.  I like AMD & would like
to stay with 32bit  WXPRO. Ah so many minds to Corrupt and body parts around.

Ph

#7 2007-01-10 20:03:48

monbade
Inebriated

Net Wolf wrote:

Precisely my point, SM.  The "real" name of the company is Charter Communications.  The WORST ISP ON THE PLANET.  These people are WORSE THAN AOL!  If you have any choice whatsoever, avoid this company like the plague.

Net Wolf
guy who will not get "real" internet back until sometime around the end of the year...  3dsad

I dont know wolf try mine
9 am it comes online, stays on line until 4pm when it goes off line for the night
been going on for 4 months and they cannot find the problem.

good thing is we dont pay for it.
bad thing is when i need to speek to my editors

Monbade

Board footer