The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-09 15:26:35

medico69
Tipsy

can't find pages

Maybe it's me and my connection, but, from the front page the only place I can go is to the forums for some reason today. I even tried using FireFox instead of IE7. Thought someone should be told. If it's me sorry.

#2 2006-12-09 17:04:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: can't find pages

Well, first off, it was probably the server.  I'll be the first to admit GoDaddy is EXTREMELY slow suddenly.  I don't know why, and I may have to look into different server options in the future if this continues.

However, to figure out whether your problem was you or the site, I'd have to know more than "The only place I could go..."  I'd need to know if the other menu items were listed.  I'd need to know which ones you clicked on, and I'd need to know what happened when you clicked on them.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2006-12-12 20:46:57

Chasm
Tipsy

Same Problem again.

http://www.wolfpub.org/main.php just gives a blank, forever loading page. No content, just the xml prologe and the title in the html source.
The forum works as fast as usual.
The authors pages (http://www.wolfpub.org/contributors/04/4/index.php in example) also seem to work.

....Several minutes later....
The main.php has finished loading.
Submissions since the Day of Your Last Visit says: "Failed summary." with the logged in broser or
Submissions in the last 7 days: "Failed summary." with another browser.

...Forced reload for both browsers...

main.php works slow, but as expected.

Seems to be a really slow mysql server.

#4 2006-12-12 21:44:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Which I have already bitched to GoDaddy about, but there is not much else I can do.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2010-12-07 23:08:36

Fledgling
Tipsy

The following is a quote from your site information page. Where is the "You Can Help!" link on the menu?

"If you wish to help out the site, visit the You Can Help! link on the menu. There are plenty of jobs not yet filled."

Ps. contact page isn't working. Returns "Internal server error".

#6 2010-12-08 04:38:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

The You Can Help section was removed.  And I have no idea why the Contact Us page no longer works.  As I do not control the server, I can't really deal with an internal server error.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer