The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-25 08:58:57

dndw
Tipsy

Apache warnings for ad script

While viewing a story in a seperate window, i came across two sets of two apache warnings, namely a division by zero and invalid supplied arguments in a foreach() statement on line 21 and 41 of ad_display.php respectively. The warnings appeared at the top and bottom of the page, which i guess is where the ads go. I was viewing the page on my (android) phone,but i don't see how that would cause an internal error. The ads on ither pages work fine, by the way.

Hope it helps,
DNDW

#2 2012-11-25 10:01:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Apache warnings for ad script

I'll look into it after some much-needed sleep.  Thanks for letting me know.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2012-11-25 19:35:56

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

This issue, which was caused by a variable not being set, should be fixed now.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2012-11-25 19:41:34

dndw
Tipsy

The warnings are gone, but there are no ads. This was the first time I read stories in a seperate window so i'm not sure if there are supposed to be any, but then, why would that script be there if they aren't?

#5 2012-11-25 22:20:24

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

What I actually did to fix the problem was to remove the ad script from that page.  The error was caused by me not having set the "number of ads" variable before calling the script.  I decided that, since you had seen the ads in the "normal" story window, you didn't need to see them again.  I may be doing away with the ads entirely in version 2.0 of the site.  They're not earning me any revenue, and I don't think too many people are making donations just to get rid of the ads, so...  *shrugs*

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer