The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-07 18:22:25

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Dick Jones

Yes, it really does control our lives. Most of the time.

A mind-control story with a twist. Or two.

Please read and comment.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2006-12-07 19:36:03

Imagineer
Wasted

Re: Dick Jones

About Dick Jones

This story started with a simple idea: women often joke that a man seems to think with his dick. Mind-control stories often bear this out, but under the guise of the man's mind being in control of everything. What if the source of control was... lower?

I wrote this in the Spring of 2004. I remember it pouring out very quickly (for me anyway -- a few days over a few weeks), and demanding far fewer blows to the head with the writer's block than usual. I know it's badly flawed, but there's an energy to it that I've since struggled to channel. I hope you like it.

For continuity freaks, this story is an oblique part of the Sapphire universe, but please don't hold that against it. Dick Jones stands on its own just fine, probably better.

A NOTE ABOUT SPOILERS: Not that this story contains great revelations, but if you have comments or questions that would constitute spoilers, please avoid putting them in this topic. Feel free to create a new topic with the word "spoilers" in the title (and without any actual spoilers in the topic title).

YOUR OPINION COUNTS: Don't forget to give your opinion of every story you read at the Wolf Pub -- that is, use the "Would you recommend this item?" feature, located (as I write this) on the left side of the story information page.

Last edited by Imagineer (2006-12-07 19:37:28)

#3 2006-12-07 19:59:28

siath
Wasted

And as per your request this is stickied.

Siath

#4 2006-12-29 20:58:19

dv8n
Wasted

hey I just wanted to say, I really liked the story  Funny funny and funny....I LMAO the whole time....I liked the rambling...It reminded me of ....ME 3dbig_smile

:lol:

#5 2007-03-01 22:25:58

joshzharris
Tipsy

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a horror story or not but I'm not sure I find being able to have sex with any girl you want at any time is any form of horror or not unless you are married to an extremely jealous woman like I am.  Great story.

(posted from epilogue)

What's your major malfunction, Numbnuts? - Full Metal Jacket

#6 2011-04-04 13:17:41

SnakeEater
Inebriated

Definitely a Hilarious story, I'd love to see more of it but I guess you have it where it could end. I've read enough books over the years that used similar ending strategies.

(posted from epilogue)

#7 2012-03-18 18:46:13

grandad_rufus
Inebriated

Nice - good fun story

(posted from epilogue)

If they give you ruled paper, write the other way.
Grandad Rufus.

It's not that I have a dirty mind, you understand. It's just that so many of my thoughts leave muddy little footprints...

#8 2015-11-27 00:27:33

johnny rotten
Inebriated

Liked the story. Thought the dialogue was plucky and entertaining. Thought that sence this was a short story and not a series that end left to much untold and was more of a cliffhanger. ....

(posted from epilogue)

Board footer