The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-24 07:52:38

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

General Comments

Post General Comments to the Contributor Here.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2012-06-27 08:54:54

Colorado
Inebriated

Re: General Comments

Please say you aren't on hiatus for all of these.

#3 2012-06-27 12:24:19

Veritas
Wasted
Website

Nope, I'm not on hiatus, but my posting is rather erratic.

Real life and a flighty muse are not a writers friends.  On the other hand, I'm currently working on another dozen stories - some are just ideas, others have a few completed chapters.

I'm trying to post a new chapter every other week, but don't be surprised if it takes longer.  I will give fair warning if my writing falls behind.

#4 2012-07-10 19:16:20

HJP1993
Inebriated

Stories

I love everyone of your stories so far, though 'My Second Life' is my favorite. Keep posting please!!! Oh, and a picture of his house would be awesome, if possible, it's kind of hard for me to wrap my head around a 60m3 box...

#5 2012-07-19 17:01:06

lerris
Inebriated

Hey I'm loving everything so far all your stories are great. Though i especially like Sellswords. Can't wait for more!

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them!

#6 2012-08-06 18:54:29

Veritas
Wasted
Website

It seems that i'm on yet another short hiatus.  Sorry everybody.

Just to keep whoever is interested informed...

I'm really into Sellswords, Inc. right now.  At first, I had intended it to be simply a sort of action pulp story - a company of mercenaries kick alien ass for money.  But right now, I'm really researching to make the universe more believable - building up the aliens cultures and histories somewhat, trying to determine what technology exists, and so on.  I'm hoping that, in the end, it not only will be a good military/sci-fi story, but one with some depth as well.

In My Second Life, I know exactly where I want to go, but I'm having some serious doubts in deciding what path I should take to get there.  Bare with me...

Dead and Back isn't dead, just a bit stalled.  Lack of inspiration and motivation really, though it is by no means abandoned.

In Stronghold --WARNING!  WARNING!  SPOILERS AHEAD-- as I'm sure that some might have deduced, I had initially planned on the protagonists taking refuge at an abandoned subterranean military base, possibly a missile silo. 

It sounds good, but I ran into some problems.  First: I didn't want to simply stick them underground, severing from the world around them (changing climate, other communities, wandering hoards/raiders, etc.).  Second: if I went the realistic route, it would take far too long, be too hard and costly to make a missile silo livable for a group of people (living spaces, power, water, air circulation, etc.), but simply designing my own underground base to suit their needs seems like cheating somehow.

I actually went back and forth on this point, researching converted missile silo homes and abandoned bases.  Until I found something new - there's an actual company that builds castles.  For people.  Check 'em out at CastleMagic.com.

So, I thought to myself, seeing as Marcus is already a history and medieval buff, why can't his Stronghold be an actual stronghold?

#7 2012-08-09 15:57:13

Freon22
Wasted

I am reading three of your stories Sellswords, My Second Life, and Stronghold. My two favorite stories of yours so far is My Second Life and Sellswords both of those stories are very good I am loving them. I think Stronghold is going to get better when they start getting thing done and find a place to weather out the coming storm from space. I am not sure if an above ground Castle is going help them through the storm or not. It would not take a very big rock to hit the Castle to wipe it out. Even a near miss could take them out, the shock wave could level everything for miles. Maybe if the Castle was built into the side of a mountain? LOL I guess I will find out when you write it.

Thank you for the great stories and please keep them coming. :-)

Last edited by Freon22 (2012-08-09 16:43:36)

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

― Abraham Lincoln

#8 2012-09-24 00:03:55

staypuff52
Tipsy

waiting fan!!!

just had to ask if there was any hope of new chapters on any of the stories? enjoying all of them so much !!! good hook great plots and few if any logic holes   true and really some of the best stories i have found in a year

#9 2012-10-05 10:35:32

Veritas
Wasted
Website

Thanks a lot for the praise!

Unfortunately, new chapter may take a while in coming.  Real life and problems with my muse have been weighing me down.  But rest assured, I am writing.  Just to give you an idea, I currently have over 15 other stories that are in various phases of development - some are just concepts or vague ideas, others actually have a few chapters done.

It might take a while, but I will continue my stories.

#10 2012-10-06 03:43:58

HJP1993
Inebriated

YAY(ish)! I love your stories (as do many others I'm sure!) but didn't ask about the lack of posts because if I did so for all the authors I read who take a hiatus (for whatever reason) I'd never be able to read the stories that are posted! Plus it's usually something in the author's personal life that is holding up the stories and I don't want to seem rude for asking 3dsmile.

Anyways, just wanted to say yay that you will be continuing the stories (and hopefully/obviously writing new ones).
Thanks for sharing your work!

#11 2012-11-08 14:59:20

Veritas
Wasted
Website

From my blog...

Alright, I'm back again, more or less.

I've been writing a bit more and I even have a couple of finished (though unedited) chapters waiting.  But... I'm not going to post them anytime soon.

Now, now, everybody put down the torches and pitchforks... I have a good reason for this delay.

I'm planning on building up a sort of reserve of chapters, so that I can start posting again, without any further hiatuses.  I'm aiming to start posting new chapters around New Years, and hopefully, I'll be posting constantly for several months.

Just hang in there people...

#12 2012-11-08 16:57:20

HJP1993
Inebriated

I guess I'll repeat what I said earlier, YAY (ish)! And again, I love your stories and wish I could travel forward in time to read them 3dsmile

Board footer