The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Politics
  •  » The Asymmetry of Ideology by Rand Simberg and posted on PJ Media.

#1 2012-04-28 01:32:08

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

The Asymmetry of Ideology by Rand Simberg and posted on PJ Media.

http://pjmedia.com/blog/the-asymmetry-o … epage=true

Sorry to only post a link this time but the article is way too long and has too many links and quotes and such for me to be able to cut and paste it and still have it look and read properly.

If you are a conservative and want to understand liberals a little better, or if you are a liberal and just can not wrap your head around why anyone would choose to be a conservative, this article should answer most of your questions. Enjoy.

#2 2012-04-28 02:49:17

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: The Asymmetry of Ideology by Rand Simberg and posted on PJ Media.

*chuckle*  I found this in the comments of the article.  I have to say, there's a nugget of truth in this:

"I think there’s a relatively simple explanation: conservatives understand liberals because we all were once teenagers, but liberals can’t understand conservatives because they’ve never grown up.

Think about it for a moment: practically every aspect of observed leftist psychopathology conforms to the attitudes of a 15-year-old."  (It was #7 on the list.)

Now, I'm not sure I totally agree with the "liberals never grew up" part, but I can certainly see the truth of the first part.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

• Index
  •  » Politics
  •  » The Asymmetry of Ideology by Rand Simberg and posted on PJ Media.

Board footer